The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:35 pm

I enjoyed NXT the other night, first time I had seen it too

And am half way through Wrestlemainia that I downloaded the other night, some very good matches so far, really enjoyed the HHH vs Sheamus match, but the tag team title match was just pointless, and when you have real tag teams on your roster why are they still insisting on putting the belts on singles teams ?

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:18 pm

Jobdone wrote:EDIT: Scrap that, they now have Jeff Hardy and beer money ontop of a hell in the cell with a table set up and a ladder being picked up. This is looking potentially awesome.
It was awesome.
EDIT: Flair and Hogan just came back. Hogan just YOU!'d. Shits about to get real.
EDIT: Bischoff came into the ring. Shit looked like it was about to be gay. Gave hogan brass knuckles. Shit was not gay. It was awesome

best bits of the entire ppv
thats the stuff i expect when jeff hardy is involved :D
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

Calibur
Denim Demon

Postby Calibur » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:29 pm

Raw was plain awful, but I guess that's understandable in some regards given the circumstances. Impact! was the best show TNA have put out in a long time. They need to keep that up because it was a quality show from minute 1 to minute 120.

With rare good moments (Anderson/Angle), Lockdown was a joke. Although I might be being harsh because I really really hate the concept of that PPV. But the main event wasn't great. I was just laughing in disbelief.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:34 am

Thinking about it this weeks Impact was probably the first I've watched all the way through (promos and all) in a long while.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:54 pm

raw was alright, mostly due to it being pretty funny at bits
KHALUBER FTW
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:49 pm

RVD is awesome , and tbh I enjoyed the TNA ppv , i just think it's more action packed than WWE , less restrictions on the wrestlers

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:44 pm

impacts ending was epic :D

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:02 pm

I'll see it Saturday :yes:

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:09 pm

wasnt sure everyone had seen it so didnt post what happened, but tbh the whole show was excellent :D

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:21 am

i watched Lockdown last night, and thought it was brilliant, the Angle vs Anderson match was epic , just a fun PPV to watch , and now it looks like Russo has got the boot, they may get some better story lines aswell

Fatboy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Fatboy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 pm

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Divas Mickie James and Katie Lea Burchill as well as Superstars Shelton Benjamin, Kung Fu Naki, Slam Master J and Jimmy Wang Yang as of today, April 22, 2010.
im disapointed with the release of Shelton Benjamin ive always loved his in ring work even recently when wrestling Christian for the ECW belt they had some great matches, he needed alot of work on his mic skills but if they wanted to invest the time in him they would have i suppose... ive thought for a while now that his style would fit better in TNA maybe when his no compete clause ends thats an option.

the only other interesting thing from that list is Mickie James she would be ace in the TNA KNOCKOUTS division and i hope she goes there soon

couldnt really care about any of the others :P

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:43 am

Mickie James and Katie Lea are proper wrestlers, that doesn't work in WWE's model, sorry, Divas division. I reckon Kat will come back to the European circuit, she'll be guaranteed regular work in FWA at the very least.

Shocked to see Benjamin released. He's been there forever. I suppose it was one aborted push too many for him. Shame, he's a great worker.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Fatboy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Fatboy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:49 pm

Mike Knox has also been released

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:47 pm

im surprised at shelton benjamin and mickie james, but not the others
hopefully they end up with tna

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:00 pm

Mickie has just had a eally messy relationship end , and is not getting on with people back stage apparently, and tbh the way they treated her on screen was quite frankly disgusting, that woman is beautiful and actually looks like a woman not a skeleton with skin on it, and shock, the girl can actually wrestle

I hope her singing career takes off , and if it doesn't she'll be awesome in TNA where they have real female wrestlers