The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Jobdone » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Completely unrelated, but why don't they let Kofi talk more?

He was good in a promo at the start of Smackdown. I thought he'd be shite the way they keep him away from the microphone.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:32 pm

Jobdone wrote:Completely unrelated, but why don't they let Kofi talk more?

He was good in a promo at the start of Smackdown. I thought he'd be shite the way they keep him away from the microphone.

to be fair there are very few promos in wrestling now unlike the WWF days , they are very picky with who they let talk, it's not like the days when you'd see a small promo as they walked to the ring in a tiny box in the corner :(

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:39 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:
Jobdone wrote:Completely unrelated, but why don't they let Kofi talk more?

to be fair there are very few promos in wrestling now unlike the WWF days , they are very picky with who they let talk, it's not like the days when you'd see a small promo as they walked to the ring in a tiny box in the corner :(

Yeah, but I've never seen him one of the many backstage segments either.

When Hornswoggle is getting more promo time than a real wrestler somethings wrong.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:40 pm

Hornswaggle is there for the kids, and they are the biggest audience the company have, WWE is not aimed at us sorry :cry:

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:04 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Hornswaggle is there for the kids, and they are the biggest audience the company have, WWE is not aimed at us sorry :cry:

:( but it should be.

i never spend any money on their products. they should listen to my opinion damnit.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:28 pm

i buy the games, therefore i should take over the company when vince dies. it would be amazing.
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

http://www.last.fm/user/CrappyMike

absol
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby absol » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:34 pm

I've lost count of the number of dreams I've had where I take over WWE, sign loads of awesome indy wrestlers and relegate Cena to comedy jobber status.
http://facebook.com/theprincipalityofsealand

http://theunbearableadventuresofpercy.tumblr.com/ - My webcomic.
'The next Dilbert', according to a very close, sycophantic, over-excited friend of mine.

Solidarity forever.

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:09 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJhHDoarORU

"old" video - still a fave for Cena hate though, god that crowd hated him - but huge respect for working his ass off in that match and for going out to a crowd who obviously detested him :lol:

prolly best proof of why he is the WWE flagship wrestler, piss all talent - but works hard, and can take the heat when he's getting told to go fuck himself every few seconds :D (though it never happens in WWE :rolleyes: )
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:14 pm

cena's actually been in a lot of good matches. not least of all a TLC match with edge for the wwe title.
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Is there an actual science of giving medical diagnosis by sniffing poo? I sometimes have a bit of a wiff from the paper and get curious if it smells different than usual.

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:45 pm

CrapyMike wrote:cena's actually been in a lot of good matches. not least of all a TLC match with edge for the wwe title.

that also - nice to see proof he can, ironically, nearly (if not all) his good matches have involved weapons / things he can use.

would be amazing to see him wrestle like that more often, he can actually wrestle when he has to appease a more diverse crowd than that of an average WWE kiddy show. shame he won't ever be allowed to again (or atleast, any bloody time soon :( )
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:27 pm

They don't let Kofi talk because he went from "ey mon i'm Kofi!" to "Yeah dawg i'm Kofi, word" Also he's boring as hell.

Raw was good as it has been lately, I hope Barrett actually gets to feud with Nexus and don't do a... Fuck what was that guy called? Darren Young. That wasn't a joke, I actually forgot as I typed, which is a bad sign.

CrapyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrapyMike » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:44 pm

after the year barretts had i doubt he's going to be like darren young

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:14 pm

I've just hit reply because I don't want to see other spoilers, and to that point

SPOILERS.

Far play, I think this is the match that will make The Miz's championship reign. Management seems to have finally changed their mind about how they're going to book it. This was an amazing match from both men, and it made The Miz finally look like he can beat people on his own. Note as well, most of the times he kicked out, he didn't just thrust up the uncovered arm, he powered out and got his other arm out from under Morrison. All in all, fucking fantastic match. AND NOW APPARENTLY THERE'S GOING TO BE A STEEL CAGE MATCH FOR #1 CONTENDER.
This should be a good episode.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:18 pm

No fucking surprises who won it. They're doing to Orton what they did to Cena to make everyone get sick of him. They make him win EVERY SINGLE MATCH EVER. Or if he loses, it takes some dastardly cheating to make it happen. He's a coiled shit.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Oh god.

Watching Koslov desperately try and throw himself over the top rope was glorious.