The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:42 pm

cesaros finisher would work better as a piledriver

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:34 am

CrappyMike wrote:cesaros finisher would work better as a piledriver

Which is illegal in WWE :(
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:34 pm

I wonder if Made In Japan and Last Falconry would be legal in WWE.

Just seen The Shield's "Triple Power Bomb". Is it me, or is that a really shit triple-team move? Look no more effective than a bog-standard power bomb.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:35 pm

It seems like it's just done so they can actually get Ryback up...

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:06 am

MetalBeast wrote:I wonder if Made In Japan and Last Falconry would be legal in WWE.

Just seen The Shield's "Triple Power Bomb". Is it me, or is that a really shit triple-team move? Look no more effective than a bog-standard power bomb.

I think their love of piledrivers may be why WWE hasn't really had any Japanese guys on the roster since TAKA Michinokou :lol:
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:07 am

Am I the only 1 who wanted A J and Cena together ?, I thought they worked really well together, and would have changed their dynamics a bit, plus this Big E guy really isn't very good
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Owen
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Owen » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:56 pm

Who the fuck is Vin Gerard and why is he following my twitter?
Turbo wrote:Got to be honest, in comparison to pizza you can get take away or at restaurants - shop bought pizza is shit. Had another doner kebab pizza today. Shit is off the fucking chain.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:42 pm

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:18 pm

Info about Adrian Neville (AKA PAC, real name Benjamin Satterly) is up on WWE.com...

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/nxt-top-prospects-26085370/page-7

...and it looks like they've let him keep the 630-degree senton and corkscrew shooting star press.

Hopefully it won't be too long before he transfers from NXT to one of the main shows.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:47 pm

That's good to see, he's a hell of a high flyer.

Anyway, TNA house show in Dublin last night was killer and the crowd were in a mental piss-taking mood. "Tara's buttcheeks" somehow got the biggest pop of the night and Ear Hebner got the worst heat for wearing a pair of pink aviators and a shirt saying "Damn right I did!" :lol:
Upcoming Gigs

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:15 pm

So, Royal Rumble predictions anyone?

My predictions for the final 4 will be Cena, Sheamus, Ziggler and Orton. I'd say it could go to any of those except for Randy- WWE don't really have much to gain by pushing him right now. It could be interesting for Cena's character whether he wins or comes very close and loses as this is the the first hurdle for whether Cena has a banner year in 2013. A win is probably more likely as there wasn't any sort of seriousness or desperation in his promo last night to portray this as a real make or break moment like there was in his promos before April 1st last year.

Sheamus seems to be keeping a high profile in the company despite losing the world title so a win for him would put keep him in the title frame, maybe going for the WWE championship this time. That could be an interesting match if The Rock wins the title this Sunday. It would also put him up alongside Shawn Michaels, Austin and Hulk Hogan for winning 2 years in a row and cement him as a future hall of famer.

Ziggler winning and having him try to capture both titles at 'Mania regardless of whether he manages it or not would be like a final herald for him arriving as a proper main eventer for the company.

Two other outside possibilities are The Miz and Brock Lesnar. I hope it's not The Miz, not only because he's shit but also he hasn't quite settled into being a babyface fully yet. Lesnar's odds may go up or down on Sunday afternoon if the dirtsheets report any sign of him being spotted around the arena. In any case I think The Shield will affect the outcome somehow seeing as they're unlikely to be involved in the WWE title match now. Also while they may not win I reckon Wade Barrett and Antonio Cesaro will have very solid efforts this year.
Upcoming Gigs

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:38 pm

apparantly Sheamus is set to win if you believe online sources and shit.

TNA's new PPV setup is much better, 4 ppvs and 8 gimmick events - 6 sided ring / x-division (seen the result, Petey fuckin' Williams has a match!) etc.
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Those events all sound great but what's with pre-taping them? Knowing the results in advance is never fun. Also, without a Destination X any more when will X Division champs be able to trade in their title for a world title shot?
Upcoming Gigs

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:01 pm

think the trade in idea has been scrapped, which is a shame.

pre-taping the events is a bit of a shame, but atleast they're outside the impact zone - X-Div one to watch should be great, the 10yr anniversary one should be quality, 6 sided ring and faces from the past 10 years, hopefully guys like Raven come back for it.

PETEY WILLIAMS! God I hope TNA sign him to a permanent contract and not just have it as a one off - and then use him if he got a contract, unlike Sonjay Dutt who is a great X-div wrestler but is getting no tv time, least guys like King and York are getting on tv a bit more now, just need to see Doug Williams on tv more now and can always do with more Kid Kash.

They had Hulk Hogan on TalkSport earlier but I had to get back to work so didn't get to hear the interview, may see if it's on the TS website.

edit: some reason Hulk said "our champion Bobby Roode" ... did I miss something?
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:55 pm

x-tempus wrote:think the trade in idea has been scrapped, which is a shame.

pre-taping the events is a bit of a shame, but atleast they're outside the impact zone - X-Div one to watch should be great, the 10yr anniversary one should be quality, 6 sided ring and faces from the past 10 years, hopefully guys like Raven come back for it.

PETEY WILLIAMS! God I hope TNA sign him to a permanent contract and not just have it as a one off - and then use him if he got a contract, unlike Sonjay Dutt who is a great X-div wrestler but is getting no tv time, least guys like King and York are getting on tv a bit more now, just need to see Doug Williams on tv more now and can always do with more Kid Kash.

They had Hulk Hogan on TalkSport earlier but I had to get back to work so didn't get to hear the interview, may see if it's on the TS website.

edit: some reason Hulk said "our champion Bobby Roode" ... did I miss something?

Sounds odd, an old interview maybe?

Looking at that schedule again maybe the second of the two X Division big events will have the trade-off stipulation match as a main event. Even if whoever cashes it in doesn't win it'd be great to see Christian York vs AJ Styles or something along those lines as a PPV headline.
Upcoming Gigs