The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:31 pm

NightEyes wrote:
Big D wrote:Anybody else find the behind-the scenes stuff almost as interesting as the actual wrestling?

I used to be a huge Wresting geek when I was about 12-14 and on reflection I found the cheesy behind-the scenes where the best part about the WWF. Vince MacMan getting attacking in Hospital, The Big Boss Man stealing the Big Show's father coffin from the funeral, The APA protection agency attacking people after playing cards and of course Crash Holly defending the Hardcore Title. :lol:

Some things I can't believe what actual happened. The Undertaker during his Satanic Era having Vince's daughter held above the TV screen on a Cross about the sacrifice her live in front of thousands of Red necks. :o

yep i miss the Attitude era, sadly the WWE is now PG and not Teen, so it has toned down everything to be child friendly :(

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:33 pm

The worst thing is now stopping the match any time anyone bleeds. It just completely fucks up the continuity of the match, and any suspension of disbelief is instantly ruined.

Also, meh to Hart coming back, it was just exactly what I thought would happen. Make up with HBK, begin a fued with Vinnie Mac... meh.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:48 pm

herzeleid wrote:The worst thing is now stopping the match any time anyone bleeds. It just completely fucks up the continuity of the match, and any suspension of disbelief is instantly ruined.

Also, meh to Hart coming back, it was just exactly what I thought would happen. Make up with HBK, begin a fued with Vinnie Mac... meh.

Don't rule out a turn from old HBK just yet, history has a habit of repeating itself, Wrestlemania is going to be interesting :yes:

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:49 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:
herzeleid wrote:The worst thing is now stopping the match any time anyone bleeds. It just completely fucks up the continuity of the match, and any suspension of disbelief is instantly ruined.

Don't rule out a turn from old HBK just yet, history has a habit of repeating itself, Wrestlemania is going to be interesting :yes:

HBK is gonna fight Taker again though, so i'm kinda doubting a heel turn just yet. I reckon Hart/McMahon street fight

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:59 pm

The Hart Vs McMahon street fight is set in stone according to all the wrestling websites , I just hope Bret has got over that stroke properly, i'm very surprised he has been cleared to take bumps tbh :|

that is one tough bastard :yes:

as for HBK Vs Take 2 , there is now ay they can top last year's match surely :o

MotorAmarth
Denim Demon

Postby MotorAmarth » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 pm

gelder wrote:
MotorAmarth wrote:"WWE presents the RAW brand
Echo Arena - Liverpool
Sunday, April 11th 2010

*Scheduled to appear: Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, John Morrison, Kane, Michelle McCool, Mickie James plus many more."

Want want want want

Wherever you got that form has messed up, they're all Smackdown wrestlers!

I thought that, but those wrestlers were advertised on tv for the same show, so I don't really care what they name the tour :lol:

Jage wrote:I don't like the sound of Mark Owen's voice in Priest.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:19 pm

For me, I find it fun to watch, but keeping up to date with it all is way more than I care to bother with, I watch WWE PPVs when I feel like it though
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:25 pm

I stopped watching as soon as that fat asshole Takeshi started rubbing his arse in peoples faces. That just topped the gay-o-metre for me.

Which was conveniently around the time channel 4 stopped showing the main events live at 1am for free (swift move to sky box office). Long live Cactus Jack/Mike Foley/Mankind.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:28 pm

Turbo wrote:I stopped watching as soon as that fat asshole Takeshi started rubbing his arse in peoples faces. That just topped the gay-o-metre for me.

Which was conveniently around the time channel 4 stopped showing the main events live at 1am for free (swift move to sky box office). Long live Cactus Jack/Mike Foley/Mankind.

You mean Rikishi :P

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:33 pm

herzeleid wrote:
Turbo wrote:I stopped watching as soon as that fat asshole Takeshi started rubbing his arse in peoples faces. That just topped the gay-o-metre for me.

Yeah, that guy. Not the guy with the castle and a thousand dumb Japanese cunts wanting their 15 minutes.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Turbo wrote:
herzeleid wrote:

Yeah, that guy. Not the guy with the castle and a thousand dumb Japanese cunts wanting their 15 minutes.

The guy with the castle who went on to become one of the very best directors of modern age cinema :yes:

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:36 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

decimator
Definitely Not Nu

Postby decimator » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:45 pm

its been ages sinece i've seen anything remotely violent in WWE, they need to permanently replace the ropes with barbed wire and make it mandatory for all wrestlers to carry a knife

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:53 pm

decimator wrote:its been ages sinece i've seen anything remotely violent in WWE, they need to permanently replace the ropes with barbed wire and make it mandatory for all wrestlers to carry a knife

Sounds like a Friday night out in Brixton.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Big D
Denim Demon

Postby Big D » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:10 pm

decimator wrote:its been ages sinece i've seen anything remotely violent in WWE, they need to permanently replace the ropes with barbed wire and make it mandatory for all wrestlers to carry a knife

So basically you want the WWE to be FMW circa 1996 ish. Well it certainly beats the John Fucking Cena Show.

Somebody mentioned Mick Foley as a reason C4 backed out of their contract with the WWE as soon as they could. I'd say Mae Young getting her norks out didn't help.