The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
herzeleid
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby herzeleid » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:32 pm

I think they live next to the water tank or something...

The rumour is that people were annoyed because the Batista/Reigns thing was meant to last longer, but Batista threw him too hard so he couldn't grab on and skin the cat. It makes sense because it was a weird and very sudden ending, also Batista was clearly knackered by this point, since he has the cardio ability of me.

Also, I remembered this one, also for Joe...

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeryFr5CcAAWVdO.jpg

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:40 pm

Even though I now take back my disappointment at Reigns being included in The Shield rather than Kassius Ohno, he's still not my favourite out of the 3. All of them are well worthy of main-eventing one day. Rollins looks least ready at the moment, but if he gets a shot on a PPV when Bryan has the title again and he'll convince everyone.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:59 pm

Raw spoilers ahoy:
I think I might be still hacked off after the Royal Rumble, but I found Raw to be pretty disappointing too.
NAO vs Rhodes this early on after their win seemed like a clutch at straws for a match idea, plus the match itself was absolute shite. Then to end it with Lesnar like that was just lazy (interruptions are becoming so commonplace that it seems they just go for that if they can't be arsed to actually show a full match).
I knew HHH and Stephanie wouldn't go for either option they had for Lesnar, but I was hoping for at least a scene of them laughing in Heyman's face.
Then The Shield vs Cena, Seamus and Bryan was looking to be a pretty cool match, and they just fobbed off the ending again.
Fuck's sake, sort yourselves out WWE.

Had to laugh during the Del Rio/Kofi match when the audience clearly got bored and just started chanting random shit.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:58 pm

Just started watching.

I greatly enjoyed the desperate "Hey, maybe we can finally get them some face love if we get Sheamus and Cena to help Bryan".

Good promo by Bryan, some cheap pops, but c'mon. If you can get em, get em.

And Seth Rollins sliding and falling on his arse after the jump over the barrier was great.

EDIT: Why is Wade Barrett playing a drunk, northern club comedian? Because I'm in love. He just needs a pint in his hand.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:14 pm

I thought he'd done that! I noticed part of the barrier falling over as it cut to them entering.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Wow. A complete no pop for Orton for his entrance. People didn't even boo that much.

They just don't care.

And what the fuck is Xavier Woods? His singular purpose at the moment seems to be doing uninteresting conversations for R-truth matches, and occasionally getting squashed.

EDIT: Fuck it, no more double posts. I'll just edit this one. And lol. The crowd again tonight. Bryan chants over half the batista promo. "I DONT CARE IF IT'S DANIEL BRYAN". Yay finally a pop.

Is everyone going to have to put that into their promos now to calm down the crowd.

EDIT: Welp, not a brick, but better than nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfZVdR6j ... e=youtu.be

EDIT: Man, there are so many tag team matches. The lower/mid card is so shit at the moment for singles.

EDIT: Final edit while I watch the end. Bryan has seen no ring time so far in the Sheamus/Cena/Bryan match. I understand Sheamus needs a bit of showing, but who gives a fuck about Cena. Other than this match is probably going to end shitty because the Wyatts are going to intervene.

Nothing has really happened tonight. Fuck all in the way of interesting or advancing promos. You had the Lesnar thing but eh. You'd hope Sheamus and that is gonna win to send these guys to elimination chamber, but I really hope Bryan doesn't win at elimination chamber. It just seems like a shitty "Oh fuck, the crowd thing, guess we do need him at wrestlemania". They've just kinda fucked this run up a bit. needed a wrestlemania moment at the height of his popularity. isn't going to get a real one. ah well.

Wow, reigns got 2 big spears on Sheamus and Cena. booking is pretty hyped on this guy. building him real big atm. the fuck was that a german suplex? it's been a while. still love that move. and this Rollins/Bryan thing is lasting forever. oh wow, that Ambrose selling on the brogue kick.
oh damn, reigns powering out of the stf. just give it up and show vince sucking his dick in the middle of the ring next week.
and the dq end. i guess they're going to the elimination chamber. wyatts vs shield match at Elimination Chamber? who knows. i'll stop making this wall of text now.

EDIT: OKAY. FOR REALSIES FINAL EDIT. but wtf happened to the Orton/Brock/Batista thing? "WE WANT A DECISION TONIGHT". Did I miss the decision part? I did skip around a bit because terrible matches I didn't care about were happening.

http://i.imgur.com/W4Rn1HF.png

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:13 pm

They haven't fucked anything up with Bryan. If they'd given him the title at summerslam he would not be nearly as popular as he is now. By continuously screwing him over they're making the fans want to chant his name and shout yes a lot more, because when he finally wins the title and keeps it, it will actually be a big deal that's been months in the making and it will mean something, rather than just a month to build up a match with an injured cena.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:20 pm

Jobdone wrote:EDIT: OKAY. FOR REALSIES FINAL EDIT. but wtf happened to the Orton/Brock/Batista thing? "WE WANT A DECISION TONIGHT". Did I miss the decision part? I did skip around a bit because terrible matches I didn't care about were happening.

Nope. They just did that bit out front and then completely ignored it until the NAO/Rhodes match and had Lesnar F5 the Rhodes bros and Heyman was all "THIS IS WHAT U GET WHEN LEZNURR DOESN'T GET HIS OWN WAY" and Lesnar stomped about a bit.
Fucking waste.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:45 am

Punk not at either tapings.

http://pwinsider.com/article/83178/top- ... g.html?p=1

Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave tbh

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:29 am

I just saw a thing that said he told Vince that he was going home and not coming back. If so, I can't say i'm surprised. Yet again they get someone who hasn't been around for years, shows up, wrestles for 15 minutes and for that gets to headline Wrestlemania. The Rock at least has charisma and billions of fans, Batista was never that great.

Edit: Welp, it seems pretty sure :( I wonder if and how the WWE will bring it up on Raw next week... I think there's only one way that I would be happy with, and that would be from a large Northern man on an ascending podium. "I see many of you in CM Punk t-shirts just waiting for your hero to show up and save the day. Well i'm afraid i've got some BAD NEWWWS..."

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:11 pm

As much as Bad News Barrett kind of irritates me, that would be fucking hilarious and I think even CM Punk himself would approve.

But yeah, with "the machine" constantly downplaying Daniel Bryan and ignoring the fans about him, and forcing Orton, Cena and Batista down our throats, it's really unsurprising that he's walked. In the Rumble he spent the majority of the match sat in the corner, and for Kane to come back just to pull him out of the ring (which really shouldn't count, surely?) kind of proves they wanted to do a Kane vs Punk arc which I don't think anybody really wanted to see, likely including Punk.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:05 pm

Great so first Bryan gets screwed and now Punks lost his smile!

Seriously though...although what has been said about not giving Bryan the title at SummerSlam and holding him down has made him more popular is true I can't agree with the it will make it greater when he finally does win the title comment, I don't think that's what there going for at all, logically in days gone bye that would mean he'd win the title at Mania for that massive feel good moment (like Stone Cold vs HBK, Bret vs Yokozuna ect) but he's not he's gonna be given a distraction match (first against Sheamus again now I'm hearing he's got the match with Triple H) while we get a snoozy botch fest of Orton vs Batista.
I really do believe this is Typical Vince bullshit of "he's an Indy phenomenon but I'll show you that mean shit here" he had to put up with being berated by Michael Cole and The Miz during NXT and the first few months, to the 9 second loss to Sheamus at Mania, to all the Dr Shelby stuff and he's still over, WWE recognise that but the only way I see him getting the title is just to get screwed out of it straight away again, he'll probably become a 10 time champion but only have held it for 6 days or something daft just so Vince can stroke his own ego.

As for Punk I'm really worried about this like I said apparently it's now gonna be Bryan vs Triple H at Mania, if this was decided before or after Punk went home I don't know but it really doesn't look good. He's been wrote out of all upcoming shows, he wasn't on Raw and wasn't even mentioned..if this was a work I'd imagine they would have at least mentioned his name. I can't blame him if he has gone he nearly left 2 years ago because he was pissed at the system and they convinced him to stay with the promise of the lengthy title run, and that things would change... He got the title run but never headlined a PPV, while Cena, the Rock, Orton all the same old boring faces were headlining. The younger guys he was trying to push for like Tyson Kidd has become even less relevant since returning from injury , they gave Colt Cabana a tryout probably in an attempt to get punk to re-sign only to say no once he had. And now he's stuck back in the mid-card been fighting guys like Ryback, Curtis Axel only to see his good friend Daniel Bryan who should be headlining getting held down while the fans are verbally mocked for it by Batista, Triple-h ect for doing it. And Batista just waltzes in to headline Mania, we know his feelings about when The Rock was allowed to do that.
I'm keeping an eye-out now for AJ Lee to drop the title and be put in some humiliating situation then you know it's not a work if she's being punished for being with punk.
He's probably been Clever and saving his money from when he nearly walked the other year anyway... And I have heard that his contract is up in about July anyway and that it was a strong possibility he might not resign and had actually talked of retiring young.

I hope not CM Punk is the main reason I watch WWE and the reasons to keep watching are getting less and less (I do like Daniel Bryan for his in ring work it's a shame he has to rely on the whole Yes! Thing abit too much though)
The only others I have any serious interest in are Antonio Cesaro, The Uso's, Bray Wyatt, the Shield and NXT I love watching NXT especially for Adrian Neville and Sammy Zayne but it just reminded me of what wrestling used to be like and why I liked it in the first place.

In other news KENTA has got himself a WWE tryout my thoughts good for WWE bad for KENTA and his fans.
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:17 pm

Thing is, I'd actually expect CM Punk to just walk out rather than this being some "WEW, YOUNG VS OLD REVOLUTIONS LEAD BY CM PUNK" angle.

Will be shit to see him go.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:22 pm

He's quit

Hammer Smashed Custard
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Hammer Smashed Custard » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:04 pm

Punk walking out has received a lot of mainstream press over here, even The Independant has posted an article. If its legit, then its no surprise since hes looked visually disinterested for quite a while. But worked shoots have made everyone fall for them hook, line and sinker before.

KENTA working WWE style = an insult to his abilities in the ring.