The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby The Warlord » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:13 pm

I noticed afew weeks back when the Sheild came out through the crowd Ambrose threw the title over the barricade onto the mats and left it there, it was Rollins who picked up whilst shaking his head and looking at him like he was the biggest dickhead in the world.

I thought it was disrespectful to the title but then remembered no titles I WWE have any prestige to them anymore so It was a nice move to see Rollins react the way he did.
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:48 pm

This National Pro Wrestling thing is great.
Just got a chikara match.

It was a tree, a frog and a troll.

It was the greatest thing ever.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:50 pm

Was Smackdown any good this week? I didn't bother watching last week and the one before kind of bored me. Thinking I might just watch Raw and PPVs as Smackdown seems to just be a Raw recap anyway..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:22 pm

Jobdone wrote:This National Pro Wrestling thing is great.
Just got a chikara match.

It was a tree, a frog and a troll.

It was the greatest thing ever.

I was looking forward to that match. I've first saw Latvian Proud Oak and Estonian Thunder Frog on last year's NPWD, the other guys in that match I've never seen before. Last year there was a Kaiju Big Battel match which was even funnier. One of the teams was called Dr. Cube and his minions.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:26 pm

So Chikara just came back or something.

But I don't follow Chikara at all so a bunch of people are just randomly brawling and I don't know who I should be cheering for.

EDIT: Just googled it. Chikara was work dead for the past half a year or so, and everyone just came back on the free stream. People are marking the fuck out in chat. Nice.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Yeah that just popped up on my newsfeed. Apparently Jimmy Jacobs is now the top heel in Chikara- I'm happy about that.
Upcoming Gigs

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:43 pm

Jobdone wrote:So Chikara just came back or something.

But I don't follow Chikara at all so a bunch of people are just randomly brawling and I don't know who I should be cheering for.

Who to cheer for in Chikara 101:

The Colony: Green Ant, Fire Ant, AssailAnt [good guys]

The Colony X-treme Force: Missile Assault Ant, Orbit Adventure Ant, Arctic Rescue Ant, DeviAnt [bad guys]

Soldier Ant [somewhere in between the two Colony factions]

The Batiri- Delirious (green dreads, no shoes, talks gibberish), Ophidian (the snake charmer), Obariyon and Kodama (twins with the green faces) and Kobald (the Goblin who lives in the toilet) [very bad guys]

Amasis, The Monkey Pharaoh [good guy, mortal enemy of Ophidian. Possibly dead- lost a sarcophagus match at the last show]

The Undisputed Leader Of The Band, Archie Peck [good guy]

Los Ice Creams [good guys]

3.0 (Shane Matthews and Scott Parker) and Gran Akuma [good guys- shout "Booya!" a lot]

The Intergalactic Luchadora, Saturyne [good girl]

The Director Of Fun, Wink Vavaseur [bad guy, management who killed the company in the storyline 6 months ago]

The Old-Timey King Of Swing, Dasher Hatfield (the guy with a baseball for a face) [good guy]

Sugar Dunkerton (basketball player with the big fro) [good guy, former partner of Dasher, trying to win him back]

Mr. Touchdown (high school jock) [bad guy, forced into being Dasher's new partner, slowly becoming good]

Tim Donst [my favourite bad guy, a nihilist and a bully]

Jakob Hammermeier, Steve The Turtle and Veronkia Ticklefeather [good guys- Tim's followers/bullying victims]

F.I.S.T. (Friends In Similar Tights)- Johnny Gargano and Chuck Taylor [the bad guys you love to hate]

Icarus [former member of F.I.S.T., bad guy turned good, was about to win the Grand Championship when Wink Vavaseur shut the company down]

The Spectral Envoy- Ultramantis Black, Hallowicked, Frightmare and (occasionally) Blind Rage [good guys, Chikara originals]

The Pieces Of Hate- Jigsaw and The Shard [bad guys, but Jigsaw still gets a lot of respect for being a Chikara OG]

Eddie Kingston [still the Grand Champion, can swing either way depending on who his opponent is]

Mike Quackenbush [ousted leader and founder of the company, ultimate good guy]
Upcoming Gigs

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:55 pm

Applecore wrote:Was Smackdown any good this week? I didn't bother watching last week and the one before kind of bored me. Thinking I might just watch Raw and PPVs as Smackdown seems to just be a Raw recap anyway..

Smacdown hasn't been good since edge retired in all honesty, you're better off sticking with just raw and ppvs. I used to watch raw then impact then smack down and ppvs and it was just way too much :lol:

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:10 pm

I would say watch this weeks Smackdown.

Great Wyatt promo, and a fantastic Cesaro v Ziggler match.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:04 am

What the hell are they seriously going to do about the WM main event? If Cena or Randy are the champ going into it against Batista, the crowd is going to shit on it massively. Maybe Bryan will win the Elimination Chamber, it could be the only way.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:24 am

Triple H finally understands why the crowd is reacting like they are.

Comes out of retirement and shadow boxes himself for the main event.

Fights to a no contest because he refuses to job to himself.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:25 am

I've been thinking that too. It's their get out of this mess card.

Joe I have to admit, even I barely knew what was going on in that NPWD brawl. The bad guys seem to be mostly jobbers from other comedy promotions. The only ones I recognised were Jimmy Jacobs as the leader, the little wildman who looks like Taz's first gimmick is Jaka, The Shard (no sign of Jigsaw in all this which was weird) and the 2 big dudes with the Road Warriors/Demolition style facepaint who are called The Devastation Corporation. I know they do a lot of multi-man tag matches but having like 25 guys on each side of this feud is just going to get confusing.

It was awesome for me all the same, that 10-man tag match was brilliant. But it's absolutely ages away (May 5th) til Chikara will actually be running shows again! That sucks.

Also, Ophidian and Amasis are back together as The Osirian Portal with absolutely no storyline explanation. On the last Chikara show they ended a 2 year feud when Ophidian hypnotized Amasis and locked him in a sarcophagus, but now they're suddenly best buds again? It actually is really annoying me given how much effort they've put into this bigger storyline to give no explanation for that.
Upcoming Gigs

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:56 am

Watched Smackdown last night out of boredom and yeah it was alright. I think I'll just watch it if/when I can be bothered.
Thought it was a bit typical that The Shield called out the Wyatts for a match, the crowd went nuts for it (us watching were agreed that it'd be an awesome match), Vicky Guerrerro comes out to say yes to it, only for Triple H to interrupt and plonk it on the PPV. Thanks WWE, give the fans what they want, when they're paying for it (with the exception of Royal Rumble, obviously).

Anyway, yeah I thought all matches were pretty good. Cool to see Christian back, but I don't know if realistically he has much of a chance at Elimination Chamber. Also the Cesaro/Ziggler match was good too, but again, I have a feeling they've only put Cesaro in EC for the sake of making up the numbers. Honestly I think the only real contenders for the championship are Cena, Seamus and Orton to maintain. I'd love to see Bryan win, but with the rumours that he'll face Triple H at Wrestlemania, he surely can't? Unless they give him the win only to have him lose it at Raw?
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:31 pm

As I catch myself up on what I missed in wrestling, I've found some fantastic things, though I think William Regal kicking Daniel Bryan in the nuts in one of the best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 6M6I#t=278

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:16 pm

So, I just came across this.. Summerslam 1994, Undertaker vs Undertaker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8pKKU2Bevg

Why doesn't the WWE do stupid shit like this anymore? :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock