The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Andrewhall28
Leather Rebel

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Andrewhall28 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:20 am

CrappyMike wrote:its a proper insight, which is what i liked about it. its him and others talking about his character and his career, but not in character.

I'm going to get that today then, thanks :yes:

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:14 pm

My thoughts on Survivor Series
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:18 pm

I like that some people paid £15 to see that happen and thought they got a good deal, then I saw the exact same thing the next night for free on Raw :D

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:57 pm

£15 for the ultimate indy fan marking the fuck out session imaginable seems fair tbh :lol:

I'm going to start getting all the wrestling lads i know together for PPVs in the future now, would've loved to all be together for that on Sunday.

Going to watch some Roman Reigns stuff tonight as i'm not too familiar with him (though as an Anoa'i i've got high expectations.) I would've thought they'd have brought in Chris Hero instead for this Heyman Guy faction but still, this is going to be awesome with or without him.
Upcoming Gigs

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:48 am

Apparently chris hero was never even thought of as being a part of it... Although you cant always trust news sites on thes things. I do think its odd that roman reigns came up instead though, nobody really knows who he is but its said HHH is a fan.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:43 am

My hope is that Hero is being held back so that he can be an opponent for Punk and this faction instead of joining them. Punk vs Hero's matches in IWA-MS are still some of the best of his career behind his matches against Joe in ROH so i think it makes more sense than to have them on the same side. Plus, Hero and Castiglioni/Cesaro tagging together again would be awesome. I noticed as well Cole making numerous references to how young Ambrose, Reigns and Rollins are which if it turns out to be significant to the story could be why Hero was held back as he is a good 6 or 7 years older than them.

Anyway from what i've read on the dirtsheets the next pushes from NXT to the main roster will be The Ascension, Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas and Big E. Langston. The two teams there will boost the tag division even further (though i think Wyatt's Max Cady-type character has too much potential to not let him be primarily a singles guy) but I can't fathom why they'd push Langston, unless it's to replace Otunga as resident big muscly shiny black guy. No one will ever be as good in that role as Ahmed Johnson was, but if there needs to be one then i'd prefer anyone over Otunga!
Upcoming Gigs

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:56 am

Pleasantly surprised by the 2 out of 3 falls match between Del Rio and Orton on Raw this week. Proof of what even 2 of the most repetitive guys on the roster can do when they push themselves a bit.
Upcoming Gigs

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:47 am

Tna are dropping the ball a bit now. Havent seen last nights impact yet, but having aj lose to storm in the triple threat, then having storm lose his number one contenders spot to roode was a bit daft. Mabe setting up an aj heel turn to feud with storm, but aj could have had a heel world title run. should have, even.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:07 pm

Nah, AJ not being able to have a title shot for nearly a year is a good move I think. It shows they're committed hopefully to giving people who are long overdue a world title run a go. If Roode is number one contender now he'll probably feud with Hardy for a few months but not win it. Storm vs Hardy wouldn't work because they'd have to do a stupid unconvincing heel turn like they did with Aries (i'm still pissed off at them taking the title off him tbh.) I reckon the next world champion will be either Bully Ray (turning heel again after the Aces And Eights storyline) or Matt Morgan, which would work as he was screwed out of the title twice a few years ago when Hardy held it as a heel.

What i'm worried about is that they have no interest in having the X division as an actual division any more so by the time Destination X rolls around again it's going to be RVD cashing in. Could be a good match if Bully Ray is champ at that stage, but to me it's still a waste of that cashing in stipulation. I'm probably alone here but I think they should start pushing Hernandez as a singles wrestler towards an eventual world title run. If they're going to have a latino champ though it's going to be Chavito, which disappoints me as he's only over as a tribute act to Eddie basically. He's never going to get out from that shadow because it's where 95% of his pop comes from.
Upcoming Gigs

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Hernandez is one of my favourite wrestlers and it puzzles me that he hasnt had a world title run yet. AJ should move into the x division for a while, he could have a feud with RVD, his last world title run waas ended by RVD, and then eventually drop the title to jesse sorenson or one of the other young guys. Matt morgan is over due a world title too, which puzzles me as much as hernandez

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:48 pm

For some reason I thought you had posted before that you didn't like Hernandez, Mike? He is great though, a guy i could never get sick of watching. He does wrestle each match very similarly but with a singles push I reckon he could show that he can do much more.

As regards the X division though i really don't want to see guys like Styles and RVD in it full stop. Use the tag and TV titles to keep former main eventers busy when you can't find non-title feuds for them, but the X division should always be for new talent. Think of all the guys they are just squandering right now by not having them on TV like Kenny King, Sanjay Dutt, Christian York, Doug Williams etc. Those guys should be having short, sharp exhibition matches every week with a fatal 4 way or something bigger like that as a monthly event on Impact. If they can find a way to extend Impact by half an hour each week then they could definitely fit something like that in.
Upcoming Gigs

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:37 am

nah, probably just that i wasnt a fan of mexican america. i think the only problem with hernandez is he's apparently not very safe to work with.

christian york had a brilliant match on impact this week, i really expect to see a lot more of him, and not just in the x-division, i think he can go far. sam shaw was impressive as well, though his match was rubbish, so im not totally sold on him. alex silva doesnt belong there.

gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:49 am

Finally watched the CM Punk DVD last night. As awesome as I expected it would be!

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:45 am

Yep, watched disc 1 myself last night and it was great.

And yeah Mike I agree about Alex Silva, though there was rumours that Flair legitimately changed his answer at the last minute. He was on a developmental contract in OVW anyway so they can probably just keep him there and nobody will care. Taeler Hendrix was the best Gutcheck contestant so far after Joey Ryan and Christian York (haven't watched Wes Brisco's episode yet) so i'm hoping if they decide to make the knockouts division good again she'll be involved.
Upcoming Gigs

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:03 am

more people wanted to see CM Punk vs Kane than vs Daniel Bryan? Either those polls are fixed or the average wrestling fan is more stupid than I thought! :lol:
Upcoming Gigs