The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby gelder » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:32 pm

I've read that tonight is gonna be stupidly over the top with Twitter references

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:11 am

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Tag title match was good but they really need to stop neglecting that whole division. Hopefully Final Resolution will actually have some resolution and they'll pump some action back into the tag championship in the new year.

With the knockouts title I really hope Velvet wins her rematch at the next PPV. She really has a chance to be one of the most popular female wrestlers possibly ever, but not if she gets her title reign cut short unfairly so early and pushed off the top spot. I'm expecting more of her "bully victim" story line in the run up to her rematch.

Matt Morgan vs. Crimson was a bit dull and disappointing as they're 2 of my favourites in the company, and they both looked very sluggish at the end. Bringing their A game my hole. I'm not sure what the next move in that story will be.

Didn't expect that in the Hardy vs. Jarrett match, and it was probably the most entertaining bout of the night despite their being no twist of hate or swanton bomb in it.

And after a run of really good main event finishes Roode retaining by pulling the trunks was a bit of a boring way to end it, especially on what was a pretty botchy match. I dunno what they'll do next with that. Roode vs. Storm vs. Styles as the next PPV headliner maybe? Or maybe including Joe as any money says it'll turn out to be him who attacked Storm.

tag division should improve soon, the advert for final resolution had the british invasion in it so they could be the next contenders. they werent on impact this week though.

with the knockouts, i can think of 5 people who deserve the shot more than velvet. she's just not that good.

morgan and crimson did look bad tbf, wasnt a great match and im a bit disappointed by the way it ended.

hardy and jarrett were the highlight of the night by far.

as for the world title, storm wont be in the next match i dont think. its highly unlikely after he lost his rematch. joe hasnt done anything for months other than lose. main eventing impact was confusing enough, main eventing a ppv would make no sense at all.

impact was good, nice ending. few good matches throughout, x division and tag team matches and surprisingly the knockouts gauntlet were all great.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:51 am

CrappyMike wrote:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:Tag title match was good but they really need to stop neglecting that whole division. Hopefully Final Resolution will actually have some resolution and they'll pump some action back into the tag championship in the new year.

With the knockouts title I really hope Velvet wins her rematch at the next PPV. She really has a chance to be one of the most popular female wrestlers possibly ever, but not if she gets her title reign cut short unfairly so early and pushed off the top spot. I'm expecting more of her "bully victim" story line in the run up to her rematch.

Matt Morgan vs. Crimson was a bit dull and disappointing as they're 2 of my favourites in the company, and they both looked very sluggish at the end. Bringing their A game my hole. I'm not sure what the next move in that story will be.

Didn't expect that in the Hardy vs. Jarrett match, and it was probably the most entertaining bout of the night despite their being no twist of hate or swanton bomb in it.

And after a run of really good main event finishes Roode retaining by pulling the trunks was a bit of a boring way to end it, especially on what was a pretty botchy match. I dunno what they'll do next with that. Roode vs. Storm vs. Styles as the next PPV headliner maybe? Or maybe including Joe as any money says it'll turn out to be him who attacked Storm.

with the knockouts, i can think of 5 people who deserve the shot more than velvet. she's just not that good.

She's not a great wrestler, but she has a big connection with the fans and is a big draw for the division. Who was it on here that posted the thing about the disparity in contracts between Mickie James and the rest of the knockouts? Velvet is over enough and continually going more and more over with the fans in the last 6 months that she definitely deserves that top spot, but it looks like they've unfairly cut her short. Now that Mickie is the number 1 contender again I can see myself going back to skipping over the knockouts matches. She is genericism incarnate and it showed in that gauntlet match. It's also another symptom of TNA's somewhat schizoid booking- Joe gets a main event slot despite not winning a match for month's yet a major face doesn't get an automatic rematch despite being very obviously screwed out of the title? Though it might be a set-up for Mickie using some sort of clout to include Velvet in the Final Resolution match so who knows...

It's not just this week, The British Invasion have been off Impact for weeks now. Meanwhile a newly formed tag wins the straps. Seriously? The Ink Inc/Mexican America feud had potential but they really dropped the ball by not televising the match at BFG (until the promo at Turning Point i'd assumed it had simply been taken off the card at the last minute) and having the pointless little 30 second brawl on Impact the week before Turning Point as the only reminder there was actually a feud going on. Took out any actual oomph that whole storyline might've had. What's the bet when Chris Sabin recovers and The Motorcity Machineguns are back in the tag division they'll fuck that up too?

Also, i'd sort of hoped Angle would be out of TNA til after the olympics. He's reliable for strong matches but he's really getting to the end of his tenure as a constant main event fixture.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:00 am

well overall pretty shocking PPV, Sin Cara may have just botched his way out of the company, but that trad SS match was pointless anyway,it meant nothing to the overall PPV apart from the name

The Rock and Cena match was Cena taking all the bumps and Rock taking the plaudits , although the editing for the dvd will be funny with the amount of swearing you could hear in the main event was hilarious, Rock forgot about the PG rating obviously :lol:

I think there is something seriously wrong between them 2, but The Rock didn't miss a beat and looked fantastic, and pulled off more moves in 5 minutes than Cena has done in the last 5 years , Cena's monkey flip was met with chants of you stepped up which I thought was hilarious :lol:

World Title match again was pointless , but Show did something that wasjoyous to behold for a man his size

as for the US Title match ,Morrison didn't put anything in to it,obviously because of the contract and everyone knowing who was going to win , a shambles of a match

CM Punk once again stole the show,with Del Rio doing well tonight,i still don't enjoy watching the guy, and find him quite bland mind you , but Punk is the future as far as i'm concerned,and with talks of maybe upping the rating and trying out some older storylines for 2012,he would be the perfect guy to use to do it

Big props to Eve Torres for taking one of, if not the biggest bump I have seen a Diva take

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:21 pm

I liked it. Rock being back was brilliant, he's still great. CM Punk becoming champ was ace, the traditional Survivor Series match was fine, Cody Rhodes looks great now, and Sin Cara finally did such a bad botch that he's fucked off for a while :lol:

The crowd was amazing as well.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:41 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Cena's monkey flip was met with chants of you stepped up which I thought was hilarious :lol:

:lol: :lol: that's fucking class
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:33 pm

Er, I hate to ruin it, but they were chanting 'you still suck' :P

P.S.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:56 pm

:lol:

just watched henry vs big show. why? they have a bad match every damn time.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:52 pm

punk winning the title was the best bit of the ppv by a mile. hopefully the rumours are true and he keeps it at least until WM.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Imagine, CM Punk vs MAH MAIN MAN D-BRAH at WM, that'd be so sexy.

I also enjoyed The Rock, he sure is electrifying. Made Cena look like a complete bitch, which is something i'm just not used to.

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:16 am

Cena took one for the team big time last night,being humiliated like that,takes a very big man,and my respect levels for this guy were big before the PPV, he works harder out of the ring than anyone , last night he worked 10 times harder than Rock and took every bit of shit Rock and the fans gave him

Ryder is going to be huge :lol:

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:33 pm

i was really surprised by orton actually losing. he's turned into the man he always bitched about for burying people :lol:

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Being humiliated like he's done to countless mid-carders over the last 7 years? No sympathy, he's by several accounts kept himself on top at the unfair expense of others.

I think Ziggler might be checking this site by the way. Since I had my moan he's had two great matches. I liked his SS match, and his Raw match vs Punk was absolutely brilliant. According to rumours, it was R-Truth that got busted with Bourne smoking the synthetic weed, and that's why he got got at the end of Raw.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:43 pm

yeah he's been suspended. and the tag titles should have been vacated when bourne was suspended. just shows how little the tag titles matter in wwe i suppose.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:47 pm

Wow, the dirtsheets came through for once! Shame, I was preferring R-Truth to The Miz recently. The Miz is pretty stale already, kind of like Cena was stale in 2004.