The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:45 pm

You won't regret it. I found the latest ROH in the meantime. You might need to tweet, facebook or google+ share to unlock the links on this site, but once you've done it once that's you forever I think.

http://watchwrestling.tv/home/roh/

The archives section of that site occasionally has some good links to some other indy stuff too.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:49 pm

It's cool, it's appeared on my source haha. That's this afternoon sorted..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Oh man, as expected the Cesaro v Bryan on Smackdown was fantastic.

Watching old indie guys get together is always awesome. Seems to be so much trust for crazy moves.

SPOILERS but this happened for the finish http://i.imgur.com/oie62ln.gif

the fuck. sheamus v ryback is actually a good match. smackdowns well worth a watch this week.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:28 pm

Cesaro vs Bryan and Sheamus vs Ryback were both awesome matches.
Currently typing this while Christian vs Orton is on, I'm not really massively arsed about this match tbh. It really just feels like filler.

Also really fed up of the Kane/Bryan feud. Got a feeling it'll lead to "Corporate Kane" being "fired" and either taking a break from WWE or coming back into the ring. Would have possibly worked with CM Punk but there's no real sense in picking on Daniel Bryan.

As for CM Punk, I was wearing my Bryan shirt at Rock City last night and a few people started talking to me about what they think is going on. Some are confident that CM Punk's walking is a work for Wrestlemania, and that he'll go against Triple H in a steel cage.
Also I got a YES! YES! YES! chant going in the gents room, as the toilet attendant was a WWE fan as were the other two guys taking a leak :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Bearstock
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bearstock » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:46 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:You won't regret it. I found the latest ROH in the meantime. You might need to tweet, facebook or google+ share to unlock the links on this site, but once you've done it once that's you forever I think.

http://watchwrestling.tv/home/roh/

The archives section of that site occasionally has some good links to some other indy stuff too.

Only foudn that site a few months back, seems to carry less pop ups and random shit than Desi/Bolly rulez

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:50 pm

There is some talk of adding Bryan to the title match and having Roman reigns face HHH at wrestlemania. If punk leaving is a work, which I really doubt because they would have mentioned him being gone whereas they've just removed all traces of him from programming, they could have him added to the match just before it starts to make a fatal 4 way. But I honestly believe he's just walked away. He's stated himself that he only wants to main event mania, it's the last thing he needs to do but he also knows that his match with undertaker should have been the main event, so if he knows he's not main eventing this year he could easily have decided to go.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:56 am

Yeah I really do believe he's done with WWE, unless the impossible happens and Bryan wins at the Elimination Chamber and they book Punk to come back and beat Batista for the title shot. I also don't think he's going to be going to any wrestling company any time soon, which is a big shame. The Gracies are pushing him to give competing in MMA a serious attempt.

Aside from the 5 star match potential of him going to ROH against Chris Hero and AJ Styles, Michael Bennett has been baiting him recently by using the Annaconda Vise, and the potential angle there involving Maria Kaenellis is huge.

The Bullet Club in New Japan have also been (probably tongue in cheek) inviting him to go there. It's not an impossibility though as Punk is a NJPW fan, he'd get paid more there than in ROH and he's a perfect fit for that faction. By the time he could sign a contract there Devitt may be IWGP champ so they could angle it where Punk is introduced as a second in command in the Bullet Club, but then challenges Devitt for the leadership and the title and turns face.
Upcoming Gigs

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:13 pm

I saw an interview with Stone Cold where he said he thinks Punk leaving is under the same kind of condition as he did back in the day. "He's taken his ball and gone home". But he reckons he'll be back, as Vince will likely be on the phone now and again, and at he'll reach a point where he just needs the money.

Personally, I'm thinking we'll find out for certain if Punk leaving is a work by Elimination Chamber, or in its aftermath.
Is Batista facing Alberto Del Rio at EC? If so, Punk will probably interfere, or appear at the end of the (Batista-won) match and have a go at Batista for coming back and just walking to the top, Batista will say he came back for love of the sport and fans and they'll have a feud, possibly with Batista's WM slot on the line? Or like Mike said, build it into a bigger match at WM. I'm hoping that happens, and even if he then leaves at the end of his contract, it'll be a nice end point.
If not, Punk joining the smaller circuits may be a break that does him well. Possibly with a WWE return later down the line? It'd be a pretty big blow to WWE if he joins ROH, surely? So if he's genuinely left through being pissed at WWE it'd be a great way of sticking it to Vince.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:17 pm

Punk going back to ROH would be a dealbreaker for them expanding because of his profile and the possibility of getting them onto cable TV. The future is definitely in online distribution (which WWE are clearly lightyears ahead in with the network) but ROH will need to get a better TV deal to advertise their iPPVs first. If Punk has a UFC run and makes a decent impact there it will probably be even better as then that would add sporting legitimacy to ROH even more and help them get on a sports network rather than an entertainment one who will be much less receptive to the product.
Upcoming Gigs

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:54 pm

The only impact Punk would make in UFC would be the impact of his unconscious body slumping onto the mat. He is old, weak, beaten up, and tiny.

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Jobdone wrote:YAY BETTY WHITE AS A GUEST HOST. REMEMBER HOW GOOD THOSE WERE? THE GUEST HOSTS?

I'd like to see them do that again.

Some guest hosts I'd like to see:

Mr. T
Gilbert Gottfried
Vic & Bob
Julian Clary
Alan Partridge

On a related subject, I think they missed a trick by not having Sascha Baron Cohen as Borat in the 2006 or 2007 Royal Rumble.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Bearstock
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bearstock » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:30 pm

Oh dear, too gruesome for WWE.com?

http://www.wwe.com/inside/10-matches-yo ... we-network

Deary me.

On a WWE Network related note I'm already hearing whisperings of ways to get it over here when the Americans do :D

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:12 am

Cesaro is so good.

Also this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VefZZnzFy5o

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:46 am

I can't wait to get done with this fanzine so I can have a marathon wrestling session. Still need to check out Cesaro and Bryan's match on Smackdown, plus Raw, CZW 15th Anniversary, AAW Chaos Theory and NJPW New Beginning (part 1 and 2.) Still haven't caught up on TNA or EVOLVE either.
Upcoming Gigs

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:48 am

Am I the only one who thought Betty White was completely underused on RAW?
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock