The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
herzeleid
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby herzeleid » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:33 am

If you were right, TNA wouldn't be set in a shitty little studio and each week wheeling out half dead has-beens desperately trying to claw money. Hogan and Bischoff blabbering on about ownership and power, it's WCW all over again. The talent they do have they don't use, Samoe Joe is on a losing streak, for example. That's awful. WWE has its problems, but despite your ignorant insistence, the consensus among the entire IWC was that MITB was superb and the Punk angle in particular has been brilliant. The reason we are critical of it is because it was once brilliant, and now it struggles with certain issues. However, we like wrestling, and it's the best option there is. I'm not really a fan of watching Eric Bischoff talk on and on for half an hour.

Oh wait, sorry. It's not TNA anymore is it, it's Impact. I get confused, like when Abyss calls it TNA even though it's Impact.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:45 pm

its still tna. they just call it impact wreslting because its a wresting show, not sports entertainment :yes:
as i have said, tna has its flaws, but no more than wwe, and it has better wrestlers and they dont push the same guys at the top ALL THE TIME. when was the last time wwe made a new star? off the top of my head, i would say sheamus. tna have made load since sheamus won his first world title (in a silly way that made it look like an accident, i might add)
the main problem with tna is people like sting and steiner

Drian and Amz
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Drian and Amz » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:26 pm

but its evidently what people tune in to see.

I think destionation x was a good pay per view but by the end it was getting a bit too much if people didnt pull off amazingly huge spots people didnt react.

their going to much towards the heavy wieght matches at the moment they need a good mix.

i think the samoa joe looseing streak is building towards an angle i hope so as its stupid to have someone who had a winning streak for so long have such a bad looseing streak.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:39 pm

CrappyMike wrote:its still tna. they just call it impact wreslting because its a wresting show, not sports entertainment :yes:
as i have said, tna has its flaws, but no more than wwe, and it has better wrestlers and they dont push the same guys at the top ALL THE TIME. when was the last time wwe made a new star? off the top of my head, i would say sheamus. tna have made load since sheamus won his first world title (in a silly way that made it look like an accident, i might add)
the main problem with tna is people like sting and steiner

It has way more flaws. Nobody understands mental Vince Russo's mental storylines for one. TNA stars aren't stars for long, especially since it forever seems to be Kennedy, Sting and RVD in the title picture. Also, Christian hasn't been at the top for long, but now he is, Miz was champ for a while last year, Del Rio is going to be champ for the first time fairly soon, and Daniel Bryan may just be as well.

Who are TNA's top stars? Angle, Jarrett, Sting, Hogan and Bischoff. Only one of them is a good wrestler.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:50 pm

herzeleid wrote:Who are TNA's top stars? Angle, Jarrett, Sting, Hogan and Bischoff. Only one of them is a good wrestler.

I knew I couldn't be the only one that highly rated Bischoff.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Jobdone wrote:
herzeleid wrote:Who are TNA's top stars? Angle, Jarrett, Sting, Hogan and Bischoff. Only one of them is a good wrestler.

you're missing the fact that tna has a vastly better mid card, and is in the process of pushing some of those guys to main event status. i would also add that AJ is one of their top guys, a star made in TNA.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:25 am

Random point on the cena vs punk match on sunday, anyone else notice the part when there was a group shouting "let's go cena" and a reply chant of "CM Punk" that the cena one was much much higher pitched because of all the little kiddies? :lol:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Kami
Leather Rebel

Postby Kami » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:16 am

It always is slightly higher pitched, only on Sunday much more noticeably so.
I'm running 1000km (6 Marathons, 26 Half Marathons & 20 10ks) this year so sponsor me ya bastards!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:15 am

Basically it's like Cena himself stated.

"Okay. Every woman and child chant "Let's go Cena" and every male over 16 chant "Cena sucks""

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:11 am

Jobdone wrote:Basically it's like Cena himself stated.

"Okay. Every woman and child chant "Let's go Cena" and every male over 16 chant "Cena sucks""

the guy isn't an idiot, he knows who he is aimed at, and he's fine with it, and quite frankly he isn't a bad role model for kids, the whole never give up,and fight for everything you want in life thing is something I wish more youngsters would have in them, instead of expecting to be handed everything on a plate

Drian and Amz
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Drian and Amz » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:02 am

ANDREWHALL28 wrote: I wish more youngsters would have in them, instead of expecting to be handed everything on a plate

that is how your supposed to give them their dinner or else they dont eat

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:16 am

Drian and Amz wrote:
ANDREWHALL28 wrote: I wish more youngsters would have in them, instead of expecting to be handed everything on a plate

that is how your supposed to give them their dinner or else they dont eat

:lol:

well i don't have kids, I didn't know that

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:28 am

CrappyMike wrote:
Jobdone wrote:

you're missing the fact that tna has a vastly better mid card, and is in the process of pushing some of those guys to main event status. i would also add that AJ is one of their top guys, a star made in TNA.

No they don't.

Apart from AJ who has been there 9 years and isn't really a main-eventer to this day, there aren't many good TNA made stars. It's pretty much all WWEjects and ROH/Indy guys.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:00 pm

indy guys arent stars. people that are famous on the internet arent stars. who really knew AJ before TNA? or joe? or madison rayne? there are loads of people who started off elsewhere, but they're tna made stars, no doubt about that.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:03 pm

TNA is hardly mainstream, Ric Flair apparently gets asked what he's doing now that he's not wrestling anymore :lol: