The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:32 pm

CrappyMike wrote:he can main event all he wants, as long as the title isnt involved. i can see crimson winning this BFG series though, which would be great, its just it wont be long into kurts title run and i cant really see crimson winning it. also im worried they're going to end his streak on impact against kurt.

No, no he can't. He shouldn't even be wrestling! Remember that spinal surgery he had recently? He's a shitty wrestler as it as and his surgically repaired back isn't going to help things at all. Yes, he can draw a reaction from a crowd but this is Impact Wrestling: Where Wrestling Matters and they want to put Sting and Hogan together in a future main event - two old, out of shape guys who should really take a step back at long last. Nobody in their right mind wants to see Hogan/Sting. This isn't 1997 anymore. I want to watch people like AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Beer Money, Samoa Joe, MCMG, Kazarian, etc not a bunch of 50+ year old men exchanging body slams. It's shit like pushing this Sting/Hogan thing is why I can't take TNA seriously. However, it looks like Vince Russo is getting a lot of heat and with luck he'll be fired by the end of the year and the sooner he's gone the better. How can a man like him with 16 years of failure still have a job in the wrestling industry, nevermind be head booker for the USA's #2 company!?

As for the BFG series, Robert Roode will win. What that will mean for Beer Money, I don't know. Crimson won't win, but his first loss against whoever (probably Roode) will spark off a big rivalry and with luck, TNA will have a potential new star. Even if he is still pretty green.

But then again, Russo is booking so anything could fucking happen. In fact, if Crimson does lose on Impact like you suggested then I honestly won't be surprised at all.
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:21 pm

im losing interest in impact, but the one thing they do is push the guys the fans want to see. like it or not, people will tune in to see flair vs sting, and sting vs hogan. those people are idiots, but they make up a big part of TNAs viewership, and they're the same people that cheer for steiner and RVD. personally, i dont watch stings matches anymore, so i'll be skipping them anyway.

EDIT: i've been trying to work out where everyone is going from the BFG series. devon will either lose in the final, with pope being responsible in some way, or lose points cause of pope, with a match between the two at BFG or turning point. i was really hoping gunner would be in the final, but i cant see it now, maybe a BFG match against crimson? im sure they would put on a great match. with beer money having just lost the title, either one will turn heel during the final, or roode wins and Gun Money get together as an official team.RVD will feud with jerry lynn, styles with daniels, if morgan is up to it he'll feud with joe. what do you guys think?

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:06 am

I missed out on the discussion already it seems, but i'll just say that while not as bad as some of those, he's way too green and not nearly good enough to be booked as he is. Also i'm fucked off that Samoe Joe is on another losing streak. I hope he goes to WWE and Punk uses his leverage to make him a somebody.

But anyway, rumour is that TNA's American TV channel Spike may be re-branding. This would mean no TNA most likely and they would have a hard time getting on another channel with their not so great ratings. This is heresay, but the same thing happened to WCW which had more star power and better ratings, it couldn't find a new network and was basically fucked.

It'd be a shame because the WWE needs competition so they actually bother.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:23 am

they'll find another network. they've sorted out TV deals all over the place now, and are starting on their sponsorship, someone will give them a deal.
and joe's leading up to something. there's speculation that goldberg is coming back to wrestling. he's also said he wont be going back to wwe, and bischoff had a meeting with him a few months ago. its unlikely he'll go to tna, but im hoping he will. always hoping.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:22 am

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=61002
best one on their is a blu ray exclusive. i say that, having not seen them all, but safe in the knowledge that im right anyway, and it is the best one.

nobody saw that.

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:11 pm

RAW last night was well good.

Kofi and Bourne as tag champs is good as is Miz/Truth teaming up (which was probably my favourite part). I hope this is the start of rebuilding the tag division - King was right in everything he said about McGillitunga. Same deal with the Usos. And uh...that's expended my knowledge of current WWE tag teams.
Image Laz0r Image

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:23 pm

HHH wants to re-build the tag team division and tome that is a good thing, now just to come up with a name for Kofi and Bourne :?

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:28 pm

The Usos are really good, and they do a freaking war dance before each match. It's not their fault they're booked so shoddily. I'm hoping they can still be big.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:18 pm

"Was it the big lazy with the trusty tube of Just for Men?"

Man. There's a worthwhile line in every Punk promo.

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:11 pm

herzeleid wrote:The Usos are really good, and they do a freaking war dance before each match. It's not their fault they're booked so shoddily. I'm hoping they can still be big.

Name a move they do.

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:HHH wants to re-build the tag team division and tome that is a good thing, now just to come up with a name for Kofi and Bourne :?

I just saw someone call them BoomBourne and it made me laugh :D

Edit: AirBoom made me laugh more
Image Laz0r Image

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:56 pm

Rickles_the_Mighty wrote:
herzeleid wrote:The Usos are really good, and they do a freaking war dance before each match. It's not their fault they're booked so shoddily. I'm hoping they can still be big.

Name a move they do.

Ally Oop (I think) - flapjack into a Samoan drop. It's pretty.

The Usos are great. They need a push. Trent Barretta is another. They should bring back Caylen Croft and reunite the Dudebusters. Always rated them.

Curt Hawkins needs TV time, put him back with Zack Ryder who's getting a little bit of exposure at the moment. Three potential quality tag teams off the top of my head. the talent is already there, creative doesn't really know what to do with it. Constant rumours of Chris Hero and Claude Castagnoli coming in from ROH.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:32 pm

wwe could have a great young tag team division if they wanted, and right now they could have a better one than TNA. i've also heard HHH wants to rebuild the cruiserweight division, which they dont really have much of a basis for. the one mistake i know they'll make if they do bring it back, is stick kofi kingston in there. he's boring as hell :(

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:40 am

jeff hardy will be returning in the next few weeks

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Another RAW made watchable by CM Punk, although i am looking forward to seeing Kofi and Evan as a proper tag team, they should be able to come up with some damn good moves between them

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:11 pm

ANDREWHALL28 wrote:Another RAW made watchable by CM Punk, although i am looking forward to seeing Kofi and Evan as a proper tag team, they should be able to come up with some damn good moves between them

Related, like the fact King was told to bury McGuillicuttyorwhateverthefuckhescalled and Otunga.

A lot of WWE Superstars lack personality right now, hopefully they'll be trying to get some across.