The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:22 pm

ziggler is awesome D: he would have fit in well alongside the likes of rick rude and mr perfect as well imo, which is perhaps why i like him so much

Rickles_the_Mighty
Denim Demon

Postby Rickles_the_Mighty » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:48 pm

Ziggler is the future. He's great on the mic, very good in the ring, got the look and is the best seller is the business. He is perfection.

He just needs a good feud to elevate him to star status but that may not be for some time judging on how he's been used lately.
Image Laz0r Image
Strictly business at the front, international party at the back.

STORMWARRIOR for BOA '13!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:55 pm

he needs to break away from vicky i think. feud with her and swagger over the title maybe. swagger needs a manager, ziggler is good enough alone.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:00 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:02 pm

the belt falling off Austin Airies as he gets in the ring- that's gotta be botch of the month :lol:

Will say what i thought of the rest of Impact in a bit

Also to the above

The main event will feature The Rock(R) challenging John Cena(R) in the most highly anticipated main event ever in sports entertainment history.

:rolleyes:
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:04 pm

id say its at least close.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:17 pm

the only thing i'll ever look forward to involving Cena is his retirement.

Kash's commentary on the X Division match was great, he come off with some great stuff when he's not just being told to repeatedly call Sorenson "disrespectful little boy/punk." Whoever is writing the promos for him and Bischoff/Flair must really has problems with his kids... Best line had to be "why would you jump out of a perfectly good wrestling ring unless it was on fire?"

The knockouts match was good but the title change for a newly formed tag to me shows the complete unnecessariness of the knockouts tag title. At least without it we'd get to see regular tag action more often. This Mexican America/Ink Inc. feud is really being hampered by nothing happening with it for weeks at a time.

I've commented on here before my thoughts on Robbie E so I don't think it needs to be said what I think of having someone from the Jersey Shore involved. is there really that much of a crossover in fanbase with that tripe? I really don't want to see them go down the route of those weekly guest general manager things WWE does. Still at least their segment was short and sweet. Likewise the little moments between Sting and Joe and RVD and Daniels. TNA are getting better at time management in their shows I think. Also my opinion on Robbie E might change if he and Rob Terry actually form a tag team and are allowed to show off some actual wrestling ability.

The tag match was nothing special. All I can say about it really. Though that young referee whoever he was needs to learn how to disguise his spot instructions as reprimands a bit better.

Main event was a great match. Nice and long and the second main event finish in the space of 3 weeks that I genuinely didn't predict, which is is a rarity in wrestling.
Upcoming Gigs

manowarrior
Leather Rebel

Postby manowarrior » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:57 am

Went to the wwe raw house show over the weekend, it was ok but a lot of stalling and compared to the April shows it wasnt too good!

Santino vs Drew McIntyre - 4/10 If it was on superstars it would be a great watch
A-Ri & Primo vs Otunga & McGilliculity - 5/10 Primo looked great and worked most of the match
Mason Ryan vs Jack Swagger - 4/10 Looks like Mason is set for a push!
Dolph vs Kofi vs Morrison - 6/10 good house show match but took a while to get going
Beth vs Eve - 6/10 stalling and beth cowering ruined it for me, dont like the way beth looked weak til the end! Eve was great though.
Cena & Ryder vs Miz & RTruth with Foley as ref - 5/10 stalling was insane and the majority of the hyperactive little sods there didnt know who foley was
Punk vs ADR - 6/10 Nice main event, Ricardo got de-kegged...
Finale - cena, ryder, foley, eve and punk brawling with adr, ricardo, miz & rtruth which culminated with all the faces doing finishers on miz. 10/10. I was fanboying like hell during this point!
I can see by that look that you have in your eyes, you came here for metal to fight and to die!

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:15 pm

Well Zack Ryder is showing something now, glad his hard work is paying off :yes:

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:39 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--X8pAvg3DE

CM Punk is such a people person.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:02 pm

decent enough Impact this week. Some matches a bit too much on the short side but still good. Turning Point should be a solid PPV.

Biggest surprise of the week was probably Gunner not sounding like a wooden knob in his promo.
Upcoming Gigs

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:09 pm

Regal was ribbed on Superstars during his entrance. :lol: It was a good match too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OqumTpGQJg
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

ANDREWHALL28
Denim Demon

Postby ANDREWHALL28 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:27 pm

Hunico made Kofi look very average tonight, not sure why they had him lose, if he keeps having matches like that, he'll win the fans over just by how good he is in the ring

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:46 am

On the whole, disappointed by Turning Point

Hopefully Robbie E picking up the TV title now will make it a proper strap again with the mid-card guys vying for it rather than just being EY's weekly comedy section, as occasionally entertaining as that was though. Tag title match was good but they really need to stop neglecting that whole division. Hopefully Final Resolution will actually have some resolution and they'll pump some action back into the tag championship in the new year. The X Division match was strong but I honestly didn't expect Aries to retain. I suppose with the running feuds this PPV was all about the heels getting their cheap victories to keep the whole thing running another month til the end of the year.

With the knockouts title I really hope Velvet wins her rematch at the next PPV. She really has a chance to be one of the most popular female wrestlers possibly ever, but not if she gets her title reign cut short unfairly so early and pushed off the top spot. I'm expecting more of her "bully victim" story line in the run up to her rematch. Matt Morgan vs. Crimson was a bit dull and disappointing as they're 2 of my favourites in the company, and they both looked very sluggish at the end. Bringing their A game my hole. I'm not sure what the next move in that story will be. RVD vs Daniels was okay I guess, no surprises there at all. Same with the Immortal vs Abyss and Anderson match which had a really dumb finish (the ref refusing to count after the frankensteiner because Anderson wasn't the legal man, even though he'd made a 2 count just a few minutes before...)

Didn't expect that in the Hardy vs. Jarrett match, and it was probably the most entertaining bout of the night despite their being no twist of hate or swanton bomb in it. And after a run of really good main event finishes Roode retaining by pulling the trunks was a bit of a boring way to end it, especially on what was a pretty botchy match. I dunno what they'll do next with that. Roode vs. Storm vs. Styles as the next PPV headliner maybe? Or maybe including Joe as any money says it'll turn out to be him who attacked Storm.
Upcoming Gigs

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:17 am