The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby x-tempus » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:11 am

CrappyMike wrote:yeah you could see instantly it was a genuine botch, he just went completely limp. good thing is he's expected to make a full recovery, would have been a real shame for his career to end, he's only 22.

heres the botch if you're too lazy to check the link
got to give credit to dixie carter as well for paying to fly his mum to florida.

definitely credit to Dixie for doing that, but unfortunately she's too nice, should've sacked Russo a long time ago but she's friendly with him.

do really hope Heyman comes in, he's made it clear for a while that he likes TNA, and his idea of sacking pretty much all 40+'s isn't half bad - wouldn't mind keeping a couple of them to put over younger guys (Kash particularly needs to stay - great at putting over younger X-Div guys), and giving guys like Roode and Storm massive pushes along with AJ etc.
Shame he hates Bischoff
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:13 am

kash should stay because he's better than a lot of younger guys, both in the ring and on the mic :lol: but yeah good riddance to russo, and as much as i think heyman is a massive cock, he's be good for TNA. id only ask that he stays off TV, i find him really annoying :lol:

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:16 am

CrappyMike wrote:kash should stay because he's better than a lot of younger guys, both in the ring and on the mic :lol: but yeah good riddance to russo, and as much as i think heyman is a massive cock, he's be good for TNA. id only ask that he stays off TV, i find him really annoying :lol:

I used to be the same but eventually my respect for him turned it to full blown love for the guy.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:23 am

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:kash should stay because he's better than a lot of younger guys, both in the ring and on the mic :lol: but yeah good riddance to russo, and as much as i think heyman is a massive cock, he's be good for TNA. id only ask that he stays off TV, i find him really annoying :lol:

I used to be the same but eventually my respect for him turned it to full blown love for the guy.

I know it went bankrupt, but Heyman did a cracking job with ECW's bookings - if he could try and bring in some Mexican or Japanese styled X-Div wrestlings and do something similar to the Mysterio - Psychosis matches, would be fantastic, and more people for Aries (and Kash) to go against.
Absolutely love Kash, think he's an amazing talent, and at 40, he is as you said still alot better than quite a few of the younger guys currently in the company, still in amazing physical shape, and he is happy putting over the younger guys as needed - especially Aries.

Would be good if a number of the 40+'s went, Hogan really needs to die, Bischoff is good behind the scenes, Garratt's storyline needs to be killed off though, it's terrible!.
Steiner, Sting, Jarrett and Steiner all need to go, and people like Petey Williams need to be bought back in to the company.
TNA originals need to either be bought back in to the company, or those who are still there need proper pushes, I know Roode and Storm are currently, AJ needs to push back to the ME as a face, and tbh, Joe could do it if he got back in shape, least he's getting a tag-team push currrently with Magnus - another great upcoming ME talent - only 23? solid in the ring and on the mic.

DOUBLE STANDARDS

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:32 am

i dont mind hogan in his current role, mostly backstage and publicity, he shouldn't be on TV too much, and never wrestling again. bischoff should just be backstage, immortal should have been done at BFG. sting also is fine, in his current role, however as i have been saying for ages now he should not be wrestling, and he certainly shouldn't be getting titles. steiner needs to die, his last run in TNA was awful, as his current one has been. at least he's busy with ring ka king now though.

id rather a british invasion reunion than joe and magnus, but both guys are good so its better than neither of them getting on TV. they're also doing everything right with the x division right now, so they just need to keep it up.

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:42 am

CrappyMike wrote:i dont mind hogan in his current role, mostly backstage and publicity, he shouldn't be on TV too much, and never wrestling again. bischoff should just be backstage, immortal should have been done at BFG. sting also is fine, in his current role, however as i have been saying for ages now he should not be wrestling, and he certainly shouldn't be getting titles. steiner needs to die, his last run in TNA was awful, as his current one has been. at least he's busy with ring ka king now though.

id rather a british invasion reunion than joe and magnus, but both guys are good so its better than neither of them getting on TV. they're also doing everything right with the x division right now, so they just need to keep it up.

I do partially agree, but from what I've read on other sites, Hogan doesn't do a lot of promotion of TNA, more himself and other stuff about him, and not TNA ....he can stay backstage, but not in the ring, neither Bischoff, and Garrett needs to die, or go back to referee-ing.
Sting is ok, his shouting match with Madison was quality, but he needs to stay in a non-wrestling role and for the love of god stay out of the ME and never given another title again.

I'd like British invasion back to give the tag-division more variety, as Sabin probably won't be back for a while. Least Shelley has returned.
But at the same time, Magnus could be good for a ME run at some point so putting him in the tag-division could potentially hold him back for a bit longer than necessary.
Same goes for Shelley, he could be good for a ME push if he was a bit larger, but he works solidly with Aries and their match last Sunday was the best of the evening by far.

And whilst I think they're doing most things right with the X-div, if Ion is going to botch that horribly (I know he had to pull up short as Sorenson was too close to him, but he shouldn't have tucked in his knees like that), and injure people then he shouldn't be #1 contender, and someone like Shelley (or bring Petey back) should be going against Aries, or maybe Kash from time to time on Impact!
In the same way that is is only a good thing that MA are not competing in the tag-division currently, Hernadez just botched so often.

Oh, and on a different note, Eric Young and Robbie E need more TV time :lol: they're entertaining, and E's overselling is usually quite amusing, his fist-pumping across the Ultimate-X structure was hilarious.

DOUBLE STANDARDS

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:45 pm

WWE just tweeted that Randy Orton has concussion and won't be able to participate in the Elimination Chamber PPV, Santino has replaced him. :rofl:
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:22 pm

i actually thought that was a joke when i heard, but then i remembered its the smackdown one and smackdown is a joke.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:27 pm

xBERSERKERx wrote:WWE just tweeted that Randy Orton has concussion and won't be able to participate in the Elimination Chamber PPV, Santino has replaced him. :rofl:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Upcoming Gigs

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:28 pm

also, the raw elimination chamber will be interesting. i doubt we'll see jericho and punk fight, probably just like in the match on raw, they'll be about to fight and get attacked from behind. im certain thats gonna be the wwe title match at WM, so if they can keep them in matches against other people, while doing promos together, i think it will build a lot of hype for the match. thats something TNA need to learn to do, keep PPV matches off free tv.

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:05 pm

xBERSERKERx wrote:WWE just tweeted that Randy Orton has concussion and won't be able to participate in the Elimination Chamber PPV, Santino has replaced him. :rofl:

:lol: Santino to win? :eyes:

DOUBLE STANDARDS

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:07 pm

x-tempus wrote:

:lol: Santino to win? :eyes:

HE'S A GOING TO WRASSLEMANYAH!
Upcoming Gigs

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:31 pm

:rofl:
Alex. wrote:This record better be as fit as Bezerker's ex's sister or I'm gonna be pissed.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:37 pm

I would pay massive amounts of money to see Santino at Wrestlemania main event.

xBERSERKERx
Denim Demon

Postby xBERSERKERx » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:42 pm

The whole thing just highlights how much of a joke that Smackdown has become.