The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
herzeleid
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby herzeleid » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:46 pm

Yeah not bad, but I have my own idea. It will be a lot shorter, but this is what I have come up with...

Cena beats Orton tonight and gets another shot at THE BEAST (probably at RR)

Rollins and Ambrose go off and do whatever after this.

At the Royal Rumble itself, Reigns is a surprise return and comes out at number 40, he wins and goes to WRESTLEMANIA

He beats Brock at Wrestlemania, being etched in history forever, bbgurl.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:29 am

Hell in a cell spoilers inbound.

you have been warned.

Great match between cesaro and ziggler, the superplex was awesome. happy to see ziggler win 2 straight falls, he needs convincing wins like that to win back some credibility and i am not cesaros biggest fan. he was great in this match though in fairness.

Cena vs lesnar again? why am i not surprised? at least orton vs lesnar would have been something different, what can they do with cena and lesnar now to make it different? also makes no sense because he lost to ambrose, and his reward was a number one contenders match which he goes on to win... :|

a mostly average event really. ziggler vs cesaro and rollins vs ambrose were the highlights, guessing it will be rollins going up against orton and ambrose against wyatt going forward.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:14 am

Yeah it's more than a bit fucked to have the second prize being worth more..

I thought Hell in a Cell was acceptable. Far from great but certainly not bad. Spoilers ahoy.

Cesaro/Ziggler was great, both gave it their all and I would have been happy with a result either way. Pleased to see Ziggler get the straight win, though, as he often looks like he's being dominated due to overselling. Hopefully moving forward he has a more dominant role to bring a bit more credibility to the title and himself.

Nikki/Brie was too long, despite not being an overly lengthy match anyway. Here we go with 30 days of godawful skits..

Dust Bros/Usos was kind of generic tbh. Hoping that if the rumours are true and The Ascension get brought up, they get a push for the title scene. Dust Bros/Ascension would be great.

Orton/Cena was alright. Disappointed with the result, though. Like Mike said, we've seen Cena/Lesnar, and I can't think of any way they can make it interesting again. Orton/Lesnar could have been great. Oh well.

Miz/Sheamus was a huge disappointment. Mizdow was vastly underused and Sheamus is doing nothing with the US Title. At this rate they may as well just scrap it.

Big Show/Rusev was better than I was expecting, but I'm disappointed to see the storyline continue. I'm not Big Show's biggest fan, but there were a few points where it looked like it could be over, and I would have been grateful for the relief. People are expecting Kurt Angle to come back and finish it but I can't see that happening. Here's to another month of him being fed jobbers, then.

AJ Lee/Paige was decent, though I felt they both could have done a lot better. Not sure who they'll have as No.1 contender for the Divas title now (for fuck's sake, please not Nikki), as surely Paige has had her run for it? Especially if she's now going to be feuding with Alicia Fox.

Finally, Ambrose/Rollins.. I was really looking forward to this match, but for some reason it just wasn't really clicking with me. The spot off the side of the cell was cool, but kind of a played-safe retread of what's happened before. Inside the cell it was a bit all over the place, and I was disappointed to see the end brought on by Bray Wyatt. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see him back, but this feud needed a clean win from one of them, and it just didn't get it.

So now, we're going to have Orton/Rollins feuding, Ambrose/Wyatt (which admittedly, given their past work together should be awesome), but still unfinished business between Ambrose and Rollins.. I'm all for breaking out of the typical conventions of a one-on-one (or faction-on-faction) feud, but I'm not sure this was the place for it.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:44 am

Yeah, a cell/cage match is supposed to be the big blowoff to a feud.

The face wins, and the heel gets wrecked, everyone goes home happy.

Not WCW Ultimate Warrior "OOOH A SPOOKY LANTERN AND SOME DRY ICE" shite.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:16 am

Had it been an ending to RAW, I'd be a lot more psyched, I think.
It just seems like a poor pay off given the mysterious promos we've had from the Wyatts for the last few weeks, almost as if "IT'S COMING" was referring to a Wyatt/Ambrose feud.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:27 am

Yeah, I would've been fine with Ambrose celebrating on Raw and then it starting.

You can't blueballs an audience this long on a feud. It's already lost some of the spark it had.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:55 am

r.e. Kurt Angle and Rusev. It won't happen unfortunately. The rumour going around is that Angle called the office about returning and HHH blew him off, so Angle tried going over his head to Vince not realising how little hands on involvement with talent Vince has anymore. Trips is pissed at that and won't even consider him now. If that's true then HHH is hardly doing what's best for business.

A squash "match" with Hogan is more likely tbh.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:31 am

Christ, Hogan/Rusev would be AWFUL.

I'm genuinely thinking the one to take him down will be Cena. If the rumours are true and Lesnar will be absent until Royal Rumble, then I can see Cena feuding with Rusev at several PPVs (because he can't just have a match once) until Lesnar shows up.
Who else is there? The Rock maybe? There's been rumours of Stone Cold coming back for one more match (which were denied by JR on Twitter after he spoke to the Rattlesnake himself, but everyone seems to be ignoring that), so there'll probably be some buzz about that down the line.

In fact, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see him feud with (and injure?) Cena to take the no.1 contender spot and have Beast vs Brute at Royal Rumble.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:55 pm

That was a very meh event, it hurts a lot not having a title match. Rollins/Ambrose was ok, but it was hyped that we would be seeing something unique that hasn't been done before. It was just a very by-the-numbers match.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:36 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:r.e. Kurt Angle and Rusev. It won't happen unfortunately. The rumour going around is that Angle called the office about returning and HHH blew him off, so Angle tried going over his head to Vince not realising how little hands on involvement with talent Vince has anymore. Trips is pissed at that and won't even consider him now. If that's true then HHH is hardly doing what's best for business.

latest rumour on angle is wwe offered him a full time schedule and he said no as he didnt feel his body could handle the travelling and all the house shows, but triple h was not interested in bringing him in part time.
bad decision if true. angle will sell PPVs and network subscriptions, they could feature him in the network in several shows, in the original specials and wrestlemania rewind for example. even having him on raw every week and PPVs but skipping smackdown and house shows could possibly work. its being said he's expected to resign with TNA and he's already said his next run will be his last, so im hoping these rumours are false and he does finish up in WWE.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:49 am

Gave me a good little giggle

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:38 am

:lol:

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:45 am

CrappyMike wrote:
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:r.e. Kurt Angle and Rusev. It won't happen unfortunately. The rumour going around is that Angle called the office about returning and HHH blew him off, so Angle tried going over his head to Vince not realising how little hands on involvement with talent Vince has anymore. Trips is pissed at that and won't even consider him now. If that's true then HHH is hardly doing what's best for business.

latest rumour on angle is wwe offered him a full time schedule and he said no as he didnt feel his body could handle the travelling and all the house shows, but triple h was not interested in bringing him in part time.
bad decision if true. angle will sell PPVs and network subscriptions, they could feature him in the network in several shows, in the original specials and wrestlemania rewind for example. even having him on raw every week and PPVs but skipping smackdown and house shows could possibly work. its being said he's expected to resign with TNA and he's already said his next run will be his last, so im hoping these rumours are false and he does finish up in WWE.

Considering he's booked for the Tokyo Dome on January 4th its a lot more likely he'll be joining Jarrett's GWF. The Bullet Club are unveiling a new member at the next PPV as well so that could well be him.

In other news Kevin Steen's fed name is going to be Kevin Owens, in honour of Owen Hart. Great gesture but it means they can't ever acknowledge his son on air, or he'll be called Owen Owens.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:50 am

Can they hurry up and debut him now then? :P

Also, when the fuck is Finn Balor coming? He's been at tapings but nothing on the show..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:47 pm

Applecore wrote:Can they hurry up and debut him now then? :P

Also, when the fuck is Finn Balor coming? He's been at tapings but nothing on the show..

Pretty sure his debut is scheduled to air first week in November.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5