The Ale Thread.

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
callumascott
Leather Rebel

Re: The Ale Thread.

Postby callumascott » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:32 am

Finished my first batch of homebrew - slightly nicer and stronger than Tetley's, so I consider it a success. Bottling a mild flavoured with ginger, cloves, and cinnamon sometime this week - excited!

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:54 am

My friends brought down some beers from a local brewery in Edmonton. I had one of their 'Pumpkin Pie' spiced ales. Was lovely, and did actually taste like pumpkin pie mmmmm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:42 pm

both my batches of homebrew seem to be maturing nicely
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:03 pm

Had Viking Gold last night and lovely it was too.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Hilden Silver- lovely and refreshing pale ale, nice and mellow hoppiness and a slight citrus kick at the end. Would be nice if the taste lingered a bit more at the end though. Was a great pint to kickstart my Paddy's day though!
Upcoming Gigs

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:12 pm

Ive become rather redundant in this thread. I havent had anything new in over 2 months. Same old shit, me bumming Ubu ales. Manowar is likely to be a proper sesh, and I might twist my mates arm to go to spoons early-ish before people start arriving in Brum.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Spoons Real Ale and Cider Festival starts on Wednesday until the 10th of April. Got the tasting notes beside me and there's some decent looking stuff in it. Had Robinson's Ginger Tom before, quite a nice refreshing beer, that.
Also Wells' Banana Bread Beer is making an appearance. Had it bottled and quite liked it, but never had it from the cask. May have to keep an eye out to try that one..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:49 pm

Applecore wrote:Spoons Real Ale and Cider Festival starts on Wednesday until the 10th of April. Got the tasting notes beside me and there's some decent looking stuff in it. Had Robinson's Ginger Tom before, quite a nice refreshing beer, that.
Also Wells' Banana Bread Beer is making an appearance. Had it bottled and quite liked it, but never had it from the cask. May have to keep an eye out to try that one..

Is that all Spoons? Chances are I'll be in a Spoons during that period anyway but I'll make more of an effort if it is.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:54 pm

tranmerefan wrote:
Applecore wrote:Spoons Real Ale and Cider Festival starts on Wednesday until the 10th of April. Got the tasting notes beside me and there's some decent looking stuff in it. Had Robinson's Ginger Tom before, quite a nice refreshing beer, that.

Is that all Spoons? Chances are I'll be in a Spoons during that period anyway but I'll make more of an effort if it is.

Should be, yeah. It's one of the bi-annual festivals, so I'd assume so.
If you go to www.jdwrealale.co.uk you can check out the tasting notes and whatnot..
I'm just a bit gutted (and flattered) that my manager has put me on some pretty major shifts throughout, as I'm one of the biggest ale drinkers working at the pub, and he wants me behind the bar if the up-aboves come in! While that's quite cool, it's a bit of a pain as it means I can't drink the fucking beers! :P
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:12 pm

balls, gonna miss half the drinking time at this one because i dont get money in til the 31st :(
Upcoming Gigs

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:41 pm

Had more than a couple of pints of Stones Bitter on saturday. Very easy to drink, although very fizzy. Refreshing for beer.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:24 pm

I went round a mate's house last Sunday. He gave me a bottle of Carlsberg. I felt dirty. Luckily I was driving so could safely refuse a second bottle by claiming it wasn't worth the risk.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

The Red Skull
Lowly Peon

Postby The Red Skull » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:08 pm

The ruby red from ST peters is very nice and the whychwood selection box is a personal compulsory buy when ever I hit the shops but they have taken circle master out recently.
It makes me sad but over all I was brought up on Bass and rugby.
ImageImage

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:49 pm

I intend on trying something new in some boozer tomorrow before the sonata gig :D
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:10 am

Aye I like a Ruby Red too. Whoever though God could taste so good... erm...
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.