What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
i_am_a_viking
Paster of Muppets

Re: What's upset you?

Postby i_am_a_viking » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:58 am

I have in the last week arranged to see a councilor as I was hoping to be referred for CBT to get out of bad habits like scratching my skin absent mindedly and to help boost my confidence generally, but the Uni services don't offer it so I'm seeing a regular one just to help with the confidence issues.
We raise our wooden pints and we yoik and sing and we fight and dance til the morning!

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:11 am

i_am_a_viking wrote:I have in the last week arranged to see a councilor as I was hoping to be referred for CBT to get out of bad habits like scratching my skin absent mindedly and to help boost my confidence generally, but the Uni services don't offer it so I'm seeing a regular one just to help with the confidence issues.

It seems like treatment for depression and other psychological issues are just really crappy on the NHS, unfortunately. I had to go to the doctor recently for a similar thing and they said there would be around a 6 month waiting list, as well as the fact they'll only give you 6 sessions, whether or not you're any better. I'm lucky enough that my mum was willing to pay to have it done quicker/longer, but it really sucks for people who can't do that.

Hope it all gets sorted though, talking to a councillor will be a great first step! :)

i_am_a_viking
Paster of Muppets

Postby i_am_a_viking » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:30 am

Yeah that 6 session thing is rubbish. I was also given a leaflet about one that charges so I'll have to look into that. I'm just so pissed off though with the NHS generally right now. I was told there was more that could be done for me to help with my severe allergies and when I then inquired I was essentially told to fuck off! So at this point I will do anything to seek some form of comfort.
We raise our wooden pints and we yoik and sing and we fight and dance til the morning!

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:22 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Fucking hell, that's horrible. :ugh:
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:45 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:49 am

i_am_a_viking wrote:I have in the last week arranged to see a councilor as I was hoping to be referred for CBT to get out of bad habits like scratching my skin absent mindedly and to help boost my confidence generally, but the Uni services don't offer it so I'm seeing a regular one just to help with the confidence issues.

Let me know if it works. If I had any money I'd go see one. I've been suffering with dermatillomania for as long as I can remember. I kicked the habit of yanking out my hair but it seems i can't stop fucking scrabbling at my skin. Sometimes i'll just be sitting at the computer not realising i'm doing it until i glance in the mirror and see my arms and shoulders are all red and bleeding :(

And Dan, thats truly awful. Makes me feel shit for complaining about all the trivial crap in my life.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:07 am

Most other complaints are first world problems compared to that. Bloody hell.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Littlemissmetal
Denim Demon

Postby Littlemissmetal » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:06 am

Nantha wrote:
Let me know if it works. If I had any money I'd go see one. I've been suffering with dermatillomania for as long as I can remember. I kicked the habit of yanking out my hair but it seems i can't stop fucking scrabbling at my skin. Sometimes i'll just be sitting at the computer not realising i'm doing it until i glance in the mirror and see my arms and shoulders are all red and bleeding :(

Can you not see if your doctor will refer you on the NHS, so money isn't an issue? If you're doing it to the point of making yourself bleed, they really ought to pay attention!

That's awful Dan :(
http://www.facebook.com/LittleMissMetal
http://http://knightofdrosdelnoch.tumblr.com/

Smindas wrote:Kick him in the shins. With knifey shoes.

Bisset wrote:I'd rather slap my balls with a cheese grater.

Words are our most inexhaustible source of magic

i_am_a_viking
Paster of Muppets

Postby i_am_a_viking » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:04 am

Dan that is horrific!! :(

Littlemissmetal wrote:
Nantha wrote:

Can you not see if your doctor will refer you on the NHS, so money isn't an issue? If you're doing it to the point of making yourself bleed, they really ought to pay attention!

I would do this as Hannah says really because chances are you might be able to see someone for free in your area. I've just been told I have to pay because I get seen through the GPs at the Uni Student Services and Lincoln is shit :p

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:45 am

I'll give it a go :) thanks. I was always under the assumption it's something I'd have to pay for.

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:41 am

I bought Springsteen tix for Hyde Park as soon as they went on sale, now I find out that The Mars Volta are playing the day before supporting Soundgarden. I cant afford another £55 :(

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:53 am

My grandad's been hospitalized today. He seemed to have vomited and a lot of it got into his lungs. He's not looking good, and I'm beginning to think...erm..That he might soon be circling the drain :(
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Dan Jenkins
Denim Demon

Postby Dan Jenkins » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Last edited by Dan Jenkins on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:22 pm

Best of luck that he recovers.

I'm feeling really anxious about my cat. She's deteriorated so much in the last couple of weeks. Now she doesn't go out to the toilet, when she gets outside she can't find her way back in, walks into chair legs and doesn't seem to be with it at all. I took her to the vet and she's booked in for a heart scan on Monday, but I think it's only going to go downhill from here :(