What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
thehairyone
Denim Demon

Re: What's upset you?

Postby thehairyone » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:45 pm

Deli Kate wrote:My old pusscat is on his last legs :( He's 19 and the sweetest old fella. I hope he goes peacefully in his sleep.

Poor Jake :( Really sorry to hear that... I hope it's easy for him *hugs*

thepinkhat
Definitely Not Nu

Postby thepinkhat » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:46 am

A bad morning, a good friend was killed last night. :(

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:52 pm

VirginInvader wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20422895

Further to this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20451206
He was hard as fucking nails too :(

18/07- Metalbrew, London

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:02 pm

Hatton getting knocked out. Looks like he's hurt too. Feel pretty bad for the guy :(

18/07- Metalbrew, London

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:19 pm

I mentioned a very close family friend a while back who was diagnosed with cancer. After a week of no word of how she was doing, we received a text half an hour ago from her children to let us know she passed away this evening. It feels like a part of my childhood has been ripped away.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:23 pm

fluffymoo wrote:I mentioned a very close family friend a while back who was diagnosed with cancer. After a week of no word of how she was doing, we received a text half an hour ago from her children to let us know she passed away this evening. It feels like a part of my childhood has been ripped away.

That's so sad. Massive hugs to you and your family. :(
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:25 pm

fluffymoo wrote:I mentioned a very close family friend a while back who was diagnosed with cancer. After a week of no word of how she was doing, we received a text half an hour ago from her children to let us know she passed away this evening. It feels like a part of my childhood has been ripped away.

Fucking hell, sorry to hear that Moo :(

*hugs*
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

henryburch
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby henryburch » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:54 pm

brother ( 15 has muscular dystrophy) has had to go to hospital, im no sure why i was at work but he might have to say overnight

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:00 pm

Oh Moo, I'm so sorry. I wish I could hug you right now.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:08 am

Thank you, guys. I really appreciate it.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:39 am

I got a phone call this morning from my folks to say my Hamster has passed away so pretty gutted. He'd hear me coming back from work on Friday and he'd always shuffle his wee butt out of bed to see me.

R.I.P Bilbo
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:16 pm

This may belong in the relationships thread, or the pissed off thread, but ultimately, it's upset me more than anything, so here it is. This may be a bit of a wall of text.

Basically, about a month and a half ago I (drunkenly) slept with one of my exes. Afterwards, nothing was really said of it. I told a few people I knew I could trust and I have no idea if she told anyone. A few weeks later, we were out for a drink with some others from work and I walked her home. We kissed. I said nothing to people at work about it and again, no idea if she told anyone either. A couple of weeks later, same scenario. This time, though, she came back to mine and we both slept in my bed after talking for ages about "us" - our relationship from years ago, how we both felt about the night we slept together (she said she didn't care if people found out, and if anything, was worried she'd pressured me into it). Things seemed pretty fucking awesome.
Then a few days ago, she sent me a text saying "What's wrong with you? Why did you tell everyone I had sex with you the other night? I'm pretty sure that didn't happen. Sort it out". I explained that I'd not told anyone we'd had sex the other night, I'd only told a handful of people about what happened the other month after she told me she didn't care who knew. She said she doesn't remember saying that, and that she doesn't even remember having sex with me.
So, I went into the pub and spoke to the main 3 gossipers. Said that nothing had happened between us and that the rumours of us having sex were greatly exaggerated. I then told Amy (my ex) that I wanted to talk to her, as I needed to tell her how I felt about this all (what had been happening with us had rekindled my feelings for her and I needed to let her know that this was all more than a drunken fuck for me). She made no effort to talk to me.
So last night I sent her a message saying it all. How I thought that night meant as much to her as it did to me, how I'd rather people think I lied about things between us than think less of her, how I didn't realise how little control she had over herself when drunk, and that if I did, none of this would've happened.
This morning she replied saying:
"I've stopped drinking now especially with you lot to ensure I never make that mistake again. For future reference if a girl is too drunk she can't stand and has lost her belongings you need to take her to her bed and not your own. I thought that went without saying."
A fair comment, but she was the one who led me back to my place that night - I tried to take her home but she didn't want to go. I'm absolutely not the kind of guy who'd take advantage of a drunk girl at all. But she seems to think I am. She's known me for 6 years. She should know that I never make the first move, even when all of the signs are in my favour - I'm just too shy.
So tonight, we were working at the same time and she didn't even say 2 words to me. I don't really understand why she's suddenly changed her tone and hates my guts. I think one of our duty managers has put the thought in her head, as this particular manager does not like me at all. Her name came up when I talked to the 3 gossipers and I sent her a text asking what she'd been told and who she'd spoken to, and she told me at work that we'd talk about it another time as it's a personal matter (avoiding the subject). Then tonight I walked past the 2 of them sitting together, and this manager said, in full earshot of me, talking about some plans Amy had, "make sure you don't drink too much!".
Probably nothing, but I wouldn't put it past her to be that fucking childish.
I really hope I'm overreacting over all of this, but I hate the idea that anyone thinks I would take advantage like that. Effectively saying I could be a date rapist.
I'm not really putting this here for sympathy, or even really advise. Either is welcome, but I just don't know what the fuck to do and I hate this shit.
Thank fuck I'm off on holiday for 3 weeks on Friday.

Tl;dr - I can't even do one night stands right.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:14 am

Dude, that totally sucks.

My explanation for her behaviour is that she's probably just as confused as you are, but she's been put on the spot by everyone else and reacted in an over-the-top way because she might have been a bit embarrassed. In her heart of hearts I doubt she intended to hurt you, but through gossip she felt a little bit hurt and responded in the only way she thought she could. It sucks, and no-one should ever point the 'rape' finger, but it's an expression of hurt feelings, though she does sound like she's towards the childish end of the scale, rather than the mature end.

Chin up, man. It'll all blow over and while it sucks now, things will be forgotten.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:17 am

Thanks Charlotte.
I really do hope that she's just overreacting about this, and doesn't genuinely think I took advantage. Like I said, I've known her for 6 years, so she should know that I'm not like that at all.
I'm glad she's stopping drinking, as if she slept with me because she had no control of herself due to drink, then I dread to think of what danger she could be putting herself in on a night out. If anything, she's lucky she came back with me that night, as there was another guy trying it on with her and he's definitely not the sort you want to be drunkenly going home with. At least my intentions were good (honestly, sex wasn't even on my mind).
Anyway. Fingers crossed she'll have gotten over it by the time I get back from Australia. I've started to look into transferring to another pub as it is, so even if she's not, I won't have to put up with the frosty atmosphere much longer.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock