What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Re: What's upset you?

Postby tranmerefan » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:13 am

Sorry to hear it Kate :(
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:47 am

Yeah, sorry about the crap in the middle, I am genuinely sad to hear Delikate. My cat went the same way on easter Sunday no less. I am still fucking gutted.

Deli Kate
Leather Rebel

Postby Deli Kate » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Thanks guys, I can't begin to explain how terrible we feel without him. He absolutely adored Karl almost like a dog would.
I think it's because he wasn't even two yet, the bastard who hit him was travelling way too fast for the road and they just left him to die just outside our house. I hope I never find out who it was because I wouldn't be responsible for my actions.
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:55 pm

Being made to feel like I'm such an inconvenience at home.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Bizza
Paster of Muppets

Postby Bizza » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:25 pm

Continued single-ness.

Now 2 years and counting :(
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19, '21, '22, '23.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:40 pm

Focus on being the best you can and someone will show up when you're not expecting it.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:14 pm

metalsam wrote:Focus on being the best you can and someone will show up when you're not expecting it.

It's cliched as fuck but totally true.

I currently feel like I don't have a home at the moment. I have my flat but i'm hardly ever here. Makes it really difficult to relax.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:02 pm

peypea wrote:Being made to feel like I'm such an inconvenience at home.

This.

Alex.
Paster of Muppets

Postby Alex. » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:24 am

It's a right weird time in my life lately, I feel like I'm going through a total identity crisis on who/what I am, coupled with how things just seem to be piling up and and up and it's making me extremely unhappy - and I imagine very, very hard to be around.

I also feel extremely selfish with it all because I know I'm by far not in the worse situation, but my life is really starting to grate on me.

Firstly, as some of you know I've been qualified as a Teaching Assistant for over a year now. I often apply for vacancies I find, and have had a few interviews but I seem to hear the same response over and over "you came across really well, and you were really enthusiastic but this time we're going to give it to someone with more experience." I've been doing voluntary work for the past two years at a high school, to gain experience, as a teaching assistant, and have had amazing feedback from those I've worked with - but they have no vacancies, and despite me having meetings with the head teacher basically asking for a job, I'm not getting hired there any time soon, unless someone leaves in which case I've been assured the role is mine. In the meantime, the constant rejection is really destroying what little self esteem I do actually have.

I'm fed up with my hometown, it's violent and the quantity of nice people is very, very low. A typical night out here seems to consistent of going to Weatherspoons for pre drinks, going to a club and shagging someone behind the dumpsters, then getting into a fight on the way back. That scene doesn't appeal to me whatsoever. I'm sure there are nice people out there, I do know some, but I have no idea where to actually find them now. I guess the solution would be to join a club or something? But I am really unsure on where I would find one that would appeal to me and it's making me feel very alienated.

I've gone off the metal scene almost entierally, I'm fed up with going to a gig to be spoilt by some overly drunk person spoling it for everyone, who hasn't even heard of a shower. One of the things that appealed to me about first getting into the metal was how much of a community it was, but that seems to have vanished in recent times. However, it's been such a big part of my life for the past 10 years that I almost don't know who I am without it.

I consider some of you on here my amongst my best friends in the world, and I have met some ridiculously lovely people on here, and it sucks we all live so far apart, as I know having some of you more in my life would solve me right the fuck out.

There is a ton of other stuff to, which I don't feel like making public especially but life just seems to be getting me down far too much at the moment. I know it's just a case of shrugging myself off, keep applying for jobs and eventually something will stick, then I can look at moving away when I have more money (I really can't afford it financially at the moment, and I have both my Mum and Dog to look after!) but I'm finding life hard at the moment.

It's really not all bad, I do have a job, which may be lame pay but it's something, and there are some decent people here so I really should just be grateful for what I do have but overall I'm just feeling massively bleurgh......

V-Man wrote:If I wanted to act mature why would I have stayed in education? GAWD

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:39 am

Hi Alex

Hang in there ! Are you going to BOA ?, then start counting down the days. Am glad that even though you are down, you are keeping perspective on things, although it is not an easy thing to do.

When I feel shit (more often than not these days) I keep a note pad nearby. Every little thing (and I mean LITTLE) good thing that happens in your day, that is positive, write it down in a little notebook.

Be it a nice conversation with a kid at school, any compliments received, a pleasant interaction with a stranger, nice lunch, phone call etc. At the end of the day read it through. Keep listing these things daily and whenever you are down, read it.

Sounds naff, but it does work and it will make you smile as you will be focusing on positive things in your life.

Sorry that you are having a hard time of it at the moment, hope this helps.
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:21 pm

Alex. wrote:It's a right weird time in my life lately, I feel like I'm going through a total identity crisis on who/what I am, coupled with how things just seem to be piling up and and up and it's making me extremely unhappy - and I imagine very, very hard to be around.

I also feel extremely selfish with it all because I know I'm by far not in the worse situation, but my life is really starting to grate on me.

Firstly, as some of you know I've been qualified as a Teaching Assistant for over a year now. I often apply for vacancies I find, and have had a few interviews but I seem to hear the same response over and over "you came across really well, and you were really enthusiastic but this time we're going to give it to someone with more experience." I've been doing voluntary work for the past two years at a high school, to gain experience, as a teaching assistant, and have had amazing feedback from those I've worked with - but they have no vacancies, and despite me having meetings with the head teacher basically asking for a job, I'm not getting hired there any time soon, unless someone leaves in which case I've been assured the role is mine. In the meantime, the constant rejection is really destroying what little self esteem I do actually have.

Capitalise on this big time. Whenever you get positive feedback, say this:

"Thanks for that - it's great to hear I'm helping you! Would it be ok if you helped me? I'm looking for a job at the moment and I'm struggling, so I'd like to quote what you just said with your photo to use for a CV to help me find a job, so I can continue to help others."

And put together a book of people you've had great feedback from, of quotes next to photos. Put important things they say in bold. Next time you goto an interview, had your potential future employer this book and ask them to read it infront of you.

You've just proved that regardless of experience, you get fucking awesome results.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:58 am

Just what the world needs: another block of flats where once stood a live music venue :-(

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/local/11280587.The_Peel_in_Kingston_could_be_demolished_for_student_flats/
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:31 pm

My family and some of my closest relatives are up in our summer house in Sweden right now. I can't go up, the flights are just too expensive and funds are very tight right now. I can't remember the last time I saw my cousins on my dad's side, and I haven't seen my uncle since about 2009 or something.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:24 am

Was feeling pretty decent about myself, then dad made a not exactly nice comment and now I just feel like shit and want to get back in bed and not do anything. Thanks a fucking lot.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

De Stijl
Leather Rebel

Postby De Stijl » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Banner, I don't know you as well as I'd like, but you can always chat to me if you need. You're certainly a sound chappy. Hope things pick up for you soon.
RYM LastFM FaceBook

Delightful-Jim wrote:Feelings are for queers.