What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Re: What's upset you?

Postby Katesyl » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:43 pm

Not much else I can add but if you can't wait for the GP I'd also consider looking up local crisis services and telling them about your plans, or if no luck with them (as they can be hit and miss) go to A&E. Might feel silly but they should have a liaison psychiatry team who can see you straight away.

If you just want someone to talk to but aren't into phonecalls, I recently contacted the Samaritans regarding a text service they don't advertise. They told me the number is 07725909090. Might be worth a shot.

It's normal to feel how you do and I meet lots of people who have been there. I also meet many people thankful they're still here who just needed some time and additional support.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:47 pm

There's not much I can add that hasn't already been said. I hope you get the help you deserve, and that you'll find yourself on the path to getting better soon. x

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:46 pm

If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have a decent timetable each year for this festival. I know it's a small thing you you've directly helped improve one weekend a year of mine for some time.

I don't know the situation so I can't comment much. If you want some non-phone, anonymous people to chat to these guys are absolutely amazing: http://www.reddit.com/r/suicidewatch On a forum note we're on day and night (specifically I'm working a night shift next week) so there will always be someone around here who can chat any time.

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:47 pm

Chugging Pus wrote:The fact I have decided upon the date upon which I end my life and realising that no-one will even notice.

Alright easy there buddy. We'd all notice, and there's fucking loads of us on here. :lol:

You and I haven't had much interaction on here, but I did buy a Cattle Decapitation CD off you if I'm not mistaken, not exactly the most personal of exchanges, but something of yours is in my house, and I'm a complete stranger up in the grim north, you have far more influence than you could ever realise. And I'm just one guy, every year you put together the clashfinder, and that affects thousands of festival goers, it's something so small, but we are all grateful that you take your time to do that little thing. It might not be much, but it's almost completely selfless, and it enriches the lives of others even if just a tiny bit, and that takes a big person to do that year after year. I can't tell you how many clashfinder printouts I saw this year at the fest, every single person with one of those printouts would be affected if you were to take your life, they'd say something along the lines of 'hey, where's the clashfinder?', if you think noone would notice your absence you are sorely mistaken, I would honestly venture the guess that more people would notice you were gone than most people (Who aren't famous, of course). Now you and I are not friends, and all I can tell you about is the thing you're best known for on here, but your family and friends (and workmates, and friends of friends, and the thousands of random strangers on the internet) don't deserve the strain you would put on them if you were to take your life.

Now, I've just described all the things you do for us, so since you clearly need some help, I'd just like you to tell us what you need from us, because we'd all love to help. :)
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:03 pm

@ Chugging Pus

I can't pretend to know your situation, so I won't patronise you pretending to know what's best for you. But if you ever want to talk I'm here quite often. I know we don't really know each other, but I know there are those who take comfort in strangers, and if that's the case then feel free to shoot me a message.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

Chugging Pus
Leather Rebel

Postby Chugging Pus » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:52 pm

I apologise for any upset and concern this may have caused, although appreciated, this was not the intent of the post.
"What we're having here is a secret conversation, and I'm hoping that this time, you can keep the fucking secret, because normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive."

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:30 am

Chugging Pus wrote:I apologise for any upset and concern this may have caused, although appreciated, this was not the intent of the post.

Glad you're ok, ok enough to post on here. Look after yourself dude!
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:19 am

Today it's 8 years ago since my grandmother died. There's always that bit of guilt that follows with this date every year. I let my gaming "addiction" get in the way of seeing her just a few days before she passed. She meant very, very much to me.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:01 pm

wintermourn
Denim Demon

Postby wintermourn » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:10 pm

NeglectedField wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/1334328/animals-dead-in-blaze-at-manchester-dogs-home

:(

Fuck, that's horrible.. Imagining being the locals and hearing the dogs yelping etc is horrendous :(

:edit:

"A male youth has now been arrested on suspicion of deliberately sparking the fire at the animal charity’s rehoming centre in Harpurhey tonight. "

What an absolute cunt..
Jobdone wrote:I kissed a decent amount of men last night.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:31 pm

43 dogs confirmed dead so far. I hope the cunt gets maximum punishment.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:42 pm

The cunt will get a slap on the wrist and a free holiday.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:13 pm

I hope he gets treatment for being an absolute nutter.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Bumcrack-smellywinkle
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bumcrack-smellywinkle » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:39 pm

This really upset me, I urge Manchester brethren to go and donate food/ blankets/ whatever you can. What's cheered me up about it is the fact they've managed to raise £50,000 in donations and people are being so kind offering transport and foster homes for the dogs. I hope the kid that has done this gets the fucking book thrown at him, if not I'm a fan of vigilante justice. There will be a hell of alot of people angry and waiting.
Swiggity swude
Send me a nude

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:22 pm

Regrettably more than 60 dogs now dead :cry: The response has been overwhelming, more than £400k raised so far.

Such a pity that it has taken something like this for the money to be donated in the first place :(
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!