What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Re: What's upset you?

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:50 pm

Let my mind reach some shitty lows today. Getting vocally angry at the smallest thing.

Had some bad news in the family as well, hush-hush stuff and all.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Tue May 02, 2017 11:31 am

Had to make the incredibly difficult decision this morning to have two of the kittens put down. Lilja hasn't produced any milk at all and so I've had to feed them with a substitute food - sadly the two just weren't strong enough to make it through. They fell asleep at the vets with us, I've taken them home to bury them. I've cried all day, I really did try my best.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed May 03, 2017 11:42 am

That happens to even the most experienced, Moo. Each kitten foster cam I can think of has lost at least one kitten at some point because of a problem with the Mama cat or because the kitten(s) weren't strong enough. I have no doubt whatsoever that you tried with everything you had to keep them alive. That won't soften the blow, of course. I'm sorry you had to go through it all
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Thu May 04, 2017 9:18 am

Thank you Will, that really means a lot.

The last kitten passed away an hour ago. I'm curled up in bed with it, I can't say goodbye just yet.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri May 05, 2017 10:37 am

sorry Moo :( that's heartbreaking.
At least you have the other kittens though? I guess the reason they have so many is because mortality rates aren't that high.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Fri May 05, 2017 12:21 pm

Not sure what you mean, but mamma cat had three in total and they all died.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri May 05, 2017 2:48 pm

fluffymoo wrote:Not sure what you mean, but mamma cat had three in total and they all died.

Oh sorry I didn't see your other post before. I thought cats usually had loads of kittens like dogs do :( well it's not unusual for a first time mum to loose her babies, nature is cruel.
Just make sure you look after Lilja, she's probably having a tough time too x

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Tue May 16, 2017 5:08 am

Stuff is really hard atm. Feel like so much stuff is falling apart around me and I'm not sure wtf to do to fix it so I just keep having meltdowns.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:31 pm

My cat Lilja miscarried 3 kittens today. They were about 10 days too early. Feel like the worst cat owner ever - that's 6 kittens in total that she's lost in less than 2 months.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:08 am

fluffymoo wrote:My cat Lilja miscarried 3 kittens today. They were about 10 days too early. Feel like the worst cat owner ever - that's 6 kittens in total that she's lost in less than 2 months.

Get her neutered. It'll save you both a lot of problems in the future.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:09 pm

I am going to, that's what I've been wanting to do, but with what happened a month ago with the other kittens, I got set back about 400 pounds to have them put down and their formula. The problem last time was that she wasn't producing any milk for the kittens, but since then the nipples matured and seem to be working. The miscarriage wasn't something I saw coming.

Add another 100 pounds for my medication and the fact that I'm on sick pay, I have no money left. To have her fixed over here is around 230 pounds.

Kanwulf
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Kanwulf » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:05 am

My golden retriever had to be put to sleep yesterday. It didn't hit me at all yesterday but I had a complete meltdown about it this morning when I was getting ready for work. That's honestly the first time I've properly cried my eyes out in well over 10 years. I feel like I've lost a part of myself.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:05 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:My golden retriever had to be put to sleep yesterday. It didn't hit me at all yesterday but I had a complete meltdown about it this morning when I was getting ready for work. That's honestly the first time I've properly cried my eyes out in well over 10 years. I feel like I've lost a part of myself.

Feel that bro, Toby had to be put down last week. 16 years old, he was in my family home so I've not seen much of him over the past few years, but it still sucks bad.

Kanwulf
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Kanwulf » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:51 pm

Yeah that's basically the same as me. My dog (Tigger, yeah a cats name lol) was at my mum so I only seen him maybe a couple of times a year. It's horrible when you grow up with a dog. I'm sorry to hear you have a similar thing going on man.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:22 am

Earlier on this year I had some major surgery in my right eye to try and get some sight back due to diabetic retinopathy. The side in my right eye hasn't improved much, I can still see a little but I cannot rely on it (plus a small fold in the retina gives me the odd bit of double vision).

For the past few months I'm getting bleeds in my left eye, I got a major one the other day that has rendered me fairly unable to see (I'm about an inch from my keyborad to type this). To say i'm terrified of going blind is an understatement.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.