What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Deli Kate
Leather Rebel

Re: What's upset you?

Postby Deli Kate » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:40 pm

I'm not saying her family didn't support her, or her friends. I'm saying that society, that's all of us, need to take mental illness more seriously and devote more resources to managing it.
I still think anyone of that age who takes their own life has a problem, maybe that is presumptuous, but committing suicide is an act of desperation and yes she alone is responsible for her own actions but perhaps with the right help she would have found other choices.
I'm sorry if you thought what I said was condemnation of either Pete or the girl's family, it certainly wasn't intended that way. I'm surprised you thought I would mean such a thing.

I think it's time to bow out gracefully.
Kate
10" of Awesomeness and a latte...

@DeliKate_events

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjsgPDM4t8

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:17 pm

I think she was suffering from depression. I just really wish she'd been able to open up the support network that I know was there. Our skating team isn't just a team, it's a close knit family. :(
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:20 am

Very sorry to hear that Pete, have sent you a message.

I think we can all agree that mental illness & chronic conditions need to be taken more seriously. I say that as someone suffering from these myself.

Take care all. Shout somewhere or at someone if you need to.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:56 pm

I think the problem is that people who are genuinely ill with depression or other mental health illnesses will rarely open up to the people they trust in and love the most. We do not want to bother anyone. It's taken me months to open up to my best friend, purely because I didn't want him to see the ugly side of me. I've gone through a pretty terrible time, especially lately what with my relationship ending - some of the people I thought would reach out never did, and some I didn't expect to hear from made it very clear that they're there for me.

What I want to say is, if you see someone suffering, reach out to them. You don't have to ask them how they're doing with their problems, but just reach out. A simple "How are you doing?" goes such a long way.

When someone around us dies from suicide, I think it's only natural to ask ourselves "Did I do enough?" - but at the end of the day, you are not responsible for someone else's life. All you can do is try to make it clear that you will be there for them, through thick and thin.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:13 am

fluffymoo wrote:I think the problem is that people who are genuinely ill with depression or other mental health illnesses will rarely open up to the people they trust in and love the most. We do not want to bother anyone. It's taken me months to open up to my best friend, purely because I didn't want him to see the ugly side of me. I've gone through a pretty terrible time, especially lately what with my relationship ending - some of the people I thought would reach out never did, and some I didn't expect to hear from made it very clear that they're there for me.

What I want to say is, if you see someone suffering, reach out to them. You don't have to ask them how they're doing with their problems, but just reach out. A simple "How are you doing?" goes such a long way.

When someone around us dies from suicide, I think it's only natural to ask ourselves "Did I do enough?" - but at the end of the day, you are not responsible for someone else's life. All you can do is try to make it clear that you will be there for them, through thick and thin.

Well said Moo. :hug: :hug: :hug:
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:14 pm

Really sorry to hear about your friend, Pete.
21? Ffs.
:(

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Darkweasel wrote:Really sorry to hear about your friend, Pete.
21? Ffs.
:(

Cheers dude. :hug:
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

Bizza
Paster of Muppets

Postby Bizza » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:27 pm

Mum's 15 year old Border Collies she's had since he was 6 weeks old is on his way out. Going to miss him :(
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19, '21, '22, '23.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:20 am

Another chapter in the tragic saga concerning my brother.
So my mum kicked him out for stealing, lying, smoking in the house, losing his temper etc.
Now he's been kicked out of college too and is living with my dad. My dad had to lock all the bedrooms and install CTV and employ a security officer, so he could go on holiday and leave my 17 year old brother at home. Yep, he hired a security officer because he can't trust his own son in his house, that's how absolutely out of control he is.

Anyway of course I came home to my dads house whilst he was away and my brother had disabled the CCTV, tried to pick the locks on my dads bedroom, and the place looked like 10 homeless people had been squatting there. Sleeping bags all over the floor, bongs and ashtrays strewn over every surface. It smelled so bad I actually left in tears straight away.

My dad just makes excuses for him because he can't face the truth. Because I went mental my brother didn't come home the entire weekend and deleted me from Facebook. My mum won't get involved because she's too emotionally exhausted, fair enough tbh.
The only solution I see here is sending him to the military, because with no college, no job, no money and a dad who is too soft on him, he's just going to end up a drug-addled criminal.
But sadly you can't just send boys to the military anymore so I guess he's just going to continue to spiral downwards.
So heartbroken tbh, it feels like the baby brother I knew is dead and has been replaced with someone I would never want to know :'(

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:59 pm

Just found out today that a girl I was in the process of getting admitted the evening prior to going on annual leave died on our ward shortly after, having ligatured on her bed 5 minutes before her next scheduled check - probably expecting to be found.

It's especially sad as she was only very young and despite being in our service *very* frequently, the doctors always held her up as someone who could function really well when she went back to uni.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:11 pm

I'm miserable. I feel so lonely.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:03 pm

Living far away from my family means being far enough away from the petty drama and menial family things. However, living far away from my family means being too far away from actual *important* family things. Like an impending death. Ugh.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Mon May 16, 2016 5:30 pm

So after much consideration, I've chosen hanging. Thinking about it makes me smile a little, knowing that if I go through with it I won't have to deal with all this shit anymore. Problem is, my parents won't let me - it's stupid, but yes, I want their blessings and permission before I off myself. I wish they could just accept my wishes and let me go.

There's an old school hot water heater by my window, I keep looking at it thinking it'd be easy to suspend myself from that out the window.

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Mon May 16, 2016 5:54 pm

fluffymoo wrote:So after much consideration, I've chosen hanging. Thinking about it makes me smile a little, knowing that if I go through with it I won't have to deal with all this shit anymore. Problem is, my parents won't let me - it's stupid, but yes, I want their blessings and permission before I off myself. I wish they could just accept my wishes and let me go.

There's an old school hot water heater by my window, I keep looking at it thinking it'd be easy to suspend myself from that out the window.

I don't know how serious you are about this. But even if you're not serious either way. You need to get your self to A+E NOW! No if or buts to get your self there! I don't know if anyone knows you on fb here but please can you help out? This has upset me reading this. Please please please get help NOW!!!
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon May 16, 2016 6:31 pm

Why do you feel like you want to hang yourself?
Of course your parents aren't going to give you their blessing to ruin their whole lives? Nothing is forever, and what you are feeling right now will pass so please just get through this by whatever means you need and REMEMBER that things have been better and WILL be better. Sorry for the tough love :luv: but you don't get to take the easy way out Lis, so stop contemplating it. You are worth more than the majority of people I know so stop thinking you aren't.
If you want to talk to me I am always here.