What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Owen
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: What's upset you?

Postby Owen » Wed May 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Eh, I'd believe he was half-chinese if you told me.
Turbo wrote:Got to be honest, in comparison to pizza you can get take away or at restaurants - shop bought pizza is shit. Had another doner kebab pizza today. Shit is off the fucking chain.

Freyja
Denim Demon

Postby Freyja » Thu May 23, 2013 11:22 am

Found out the guy that sells Big Issue outside Waitrose died of a heart attack a month or so ago :( I did wonder where he was. He's been selling Big Issue there for so many years, would always say hello with a smile on his face. Feels so weird thinking he's never going to be stood there again.
Littlemissmetal wrote:I'm 21 and have never touched mine :eyes:

http://blackmetalwine.wordpress.com/

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Thu May 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Call from my sister this afternoon. She's been experiencing a worrying symptom and had it checked out this morning. Within 2 hours she had an appointment made for her at hospital on 5th June for tests and scans as it could be an early sign of breast cancer. She's made me promise not to tell the family so I made her promise to call me whenever she needs to. Fingers crossed it's just blocked ducts. She's going to tell her friend who lives opposite and the District Nurses in her office know as she shoved the appointment letter at her boss and said don't be nice or say anything.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Postby V-Man » Thu May 23, 2013 5:34 pm

Thoughts are with you and fingers crossed it turns out to be nothing serious.
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Thu May 23, 2013 5:40 pm

Yeah, hopefully it's just a scare and is nothing to worry about. Hope you're OK :)

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu May 23, 2013 5:41 pm

Oh no, sorry to hear it. :( Hope things will turn out for the best.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu May 23, 2013 6:02 pm

Fingers crossed for you and your sister Nicki, I really hope it's just a scare.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Thu May 23, 2013 6:07 pm

I'd like to echo what the others have said; keeping my fingers crossed for you and your sister, Nicki. Sending many hugs your way :)

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Fri May 24, 2013 12:59 am

JrHunter wrote:I've been debating posting this for hours.. but..

Just before xmas my Mum moved over to England with my step-da as he is in the army. He was away on exercise from Monday to Friday. He got back to the house today and the first words out of his mouth my mum were "I'm leaving you" he won't tell her why, won't explain shit. Obviously it's a horrendous thing to happen, but she moved over to England with him cause he wanted to be stationed there (as he is English and wanted to be closer to home) she left her job, left all her friends and left everything really... now he is doing this... what the fuck? they live in a house owned by the army so she can't stay there, she has no friends or family there, she doesn't even have enough money to get a flight back to NI.

Obviously the main priority is my Mum and making sure she is ok, but the lease on my house runs out in a couple of weeks, I've given my notice to work, I was meant to move over and live with my Mum and step-da for a little bit while I got a job and saved up some money. Now all this has happened that has gone to shit and I don't know what is happening.

All cause of this guy's random decision he has fucked up my Mum's and my life more than he's care to even think about. I was already feeling like shite before this, gotten stupidly depressed etc. If it wasn't for Annabel I'd of been mutilating myself like I used to by now.. Fucking fuck :ugh:

If she hasn't done so already, she should think about making an appointment with Citizens Advice, we quite often get similar situations to help people with, benefits checks, pointing people in the right direction. Loads of useful info too on adviceguide.org.uk about what to do when marriage/relationship breaks down, housing options - the local council can also help with that.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and hugs. Spoke to her again earlier as she was really upset so we both had a cry. She's really scared and was sick due to the worry. She sounded better by the end of the call though. Hoping it's just blocked ducts as there is no history of breast cancer in our family and she did have problems after a couple of months of breast feeding 5 1/2 years ago. I've offered to go down to the Fens for the appointment but her friend is taking her and at my sister's request taking her twins who are about to turn 1 to keep her mind off things whilst waiting.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Fri May 24, 2013 1:39 pm

Today one of my best friends would have been 27.

Not a day goes past where I don't miss him loads. He passed away when he was 23. I had hoped in time it would be less painful but if anything it is worse as I'm wondering if he would have been married by now, He was a composer and wrote amazing songs and I wonder what he would have written in the last 4 years had he still have been alive.

I keep thinking back to Christmas's spent together , watching films, Friday morning breakfasts, infact the other day someone posted a post about stealing someones bike and I laughed remembering the time we were v drunk and late getting home so we found a bike, stole it, cycled it home, then returned it the next day with half a hedge in the tires.

I miss him so much
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

GetToTheChoppar
Denim Demon

Postby GetToTheChoppar » Mon May 27, 2013 9:46 pm

I swear my mum's relatives always die in pairs.
2 years ago her uncle and another not so close relative passed away and in the last week her step-mum and one of her cousins have died.
She basically has no one left now apart form me, my brother and the aforementioned uncle's ex-wife.
Turbo wrote:Move on, fuck her off. Smoke crack and worship satan.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Tue May 28, 2013 3:45 pm

The 2 week old baby found in a sewage pipe in China, i'm guessing the family had 1 too many and were in fear of arrest, but shit they could have killed the poor kid first what a horrible way to die, and in a sick way they probably saw that as a better option than a Chinese orphanage :cry:

And yes I realise that statement isn't exactly nice either
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Tue May 28, 2013 3:52 pm

Yeah, except it didn't die bro.
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue May 28, 2013 3:56 pm

Seen the size of the pipe? It was 10cm in diameter I heard. Clearly an attempt to get rid of it, also heard there was now an attempted murder enquiry.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Tue May 28, 2013 3:56 pm

VirginInvader wrote:Yeah, except it didn't die bro.

:|

Poor kid :(
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol: