What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Noodle
I am the Law!

Re: What's upset you?

Postby Noodle » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:45 am

This post is going here, because woo doom and gloom and stuff.

I'm sort of back after going full hermit for 6 months. Huge mental breakdown, suicidal thoughts, depression. Many fun. Genuinely frightening thinking about it and going through it. Effectively switched my life onto standby since new year. I can probably count the number of people I've spoken to face to face into the low teens this entire year.

It's been a slow, grinding recovery but I'm getting there.

I hope none of you get to the point where contemplating suicide doesn't scare the shit out of you at that time.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:29 am

Sorry to hear that, but glad you're recovering and have the strength to post about what you're going through. I'm not on social media, as you know, but if you want to chat, you know how to contact me. :yes:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:03 pm

My own sad is that we seem to be having issues in both our fish tanks at the moment -- in the smaller tank we've lost the last of our sakura shrimp to white ring of death, a couple of catfish to random fish death syndrome, and one of the danios had a swimbladder problem and has seemingly disappeared, and in the larger tank, one of the wood shrimp died for no reason, and the plec turned up today all fluffy and very dead.

On the upside, we're apparently creating the perfect environment for breeding, with at least two guppy fries appearing out of nowhere in the larger tank, and at least two minnows in the smaller. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Bizza
Paster of Muppets

Postby Bizza » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:56 pm

Not being at Bloodstock, fuck 2020.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19, '21, '22, '23.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

tmcgoay
Consort of the Beast

Postby tmcgoay » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:45 pm

Bizza wrote:Not being at Bloodstock, fuck 2020.

Absolutely and now that Beermageddon is cancelled i won't be celebrating my birthday at a festival
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18, '19, '21
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18, '19, '21
SRS '12
EMFA '20

http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

Jay1993
Consort of the Beast

Postby Jay1993 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:27 pm

Yeah it's getting to me too. Didn't hit me until this weekend. :(

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:34 am

Jay1993 wrote:Yeah it's getting to me too. Didn't hit me until this weekend. :(

Meh was it that bad?

The weather was nice at the weekend and you were spared from witnessing a horrific BOA line up, plus the virtual fest was fun.

Jay1993
Consort of the Beast

Postby Jay1993 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:50 pm

bloodfiend wrote:

Meh was it that bad?

The weather was nice at the weekend and you were spared from witnessing a horrific BOA line up, plus the virtual fest was fun.

Yep. A couple in our camp got married a few days before Bloodstock so this year was due to be a big celebration! Plus not getting the chance to see people I rarely get to see, watch awesome bands and just enjoy the festival atmosphere in general. I personally thought the lineup for this year was great!

I never wanna miss a BOA again! :lol:

Bizza
Paster of Muppets

Postby Bizza » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:08 pm

bloodfiend wrote:

Meh was it that bad?

Yea I agree the line up isn't great but I still missed that weekend away from it all getting hammered in a field with friends.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19, '21, '22, '23.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:05 am

Bizza wrote:
bloodfiend wrote:

Meh was it that bad?

Yea I agree the line up isn't great but I still missed that weekend away from it all getting hammered in a field with friends.

tbf the line up just got massively better with Mercyful Fate, and actually looks okay now. Still a fair amount of crud there, and having an extra day is not worth it, but it looks far better than the line up was going to be this year.

Not that I'll be going though, cos there's a festival a zillion times better in the Czech Rep at the same time! And Mercyful Fate were on the 2020 line up at Brutal Assault, which hopefully means they're guaranteed to be there in 2021.

Haldamir319
Leather Rebel

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:53 am

Upset is a strong word for it, but I'm definitely feeling the lockdown restrictions at this point. I'm usually quite a soaciable person and will often spend multiple days per week meeting up with various folks (on top of booking/promoting gigs here). Since lockdown, I've seen something like 4 people, separately, in person (outside of immediate family). It's quite challenging to stay balanced.

Hope everyone else is doing okay.

bloodofthekings
Paster of Muppets

Postby bloodofthekings » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:14 am

I know what you mean. When lockdown restrictions were first eased to the point where separate households could meet again in an outside setting, I went to meet a friend in the local park for a couple of hours and the mental boost that gave me was really noticeable. I hadn't realised up to that point how much the restrictions had been affecting me.

Green Man III
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man III » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:21 am

Watched 'Murdered For Being Different' on Britbox.

Of course I already knew the story of Sophie Lancaster but it was really sad to watch it play out. :'(

Had a chat with a friend on the topic and we recalled stories of when we were teenagers and the violence we saw or were victims of, from similar prejudice. I hope more kids these days will see this film and learn to cease their viscous senselessness.