What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Re: What's upset you?

Postby keera_envenomed » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:30 pm

Nantha wrote:My little bro is in intensive care :( had a nasty skateboarding accident and ruptured a kidney. He's gonna be okay, but still.

Yikes - that sounds nasty. Glad to hear he'll be ok.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Slev
Paster of Muppets

Postby Slev » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:16 am

Nantha wrote:My little bro is in intensive care :( had a nasty skateboarding accident and ruptured a kidney. He's gonna be okay, but still.

Ouch!

Here's wishing him a speedy recovery, and that he'll be footing soon.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:46 pm

Thanks.
I'm gonna go visit him today in hospital, my mum is making more of a fuss about it than him currently

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:24 pm

Depression didn't go away like it normally does after sleep, it's gotten worse to the point where it's messing with my ability to work properly.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

onona
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby onona » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:11 pm

My colleague behind me got a brand spanking new computer with 128Gb RAM and a £5000 24Gb graphics card in it. He's now sitting spinning one of his work scenes around in high speed to show off.

I'm fucking jelly. Seriously. I need a new machine.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:22 pm

I had no idea you could get that much RAM. Shows what I know about computers.

onona
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby onona » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:26 pm

Well most people don't need anywhere near that much.

I work in CGI effects for films. We need all the RAM and GPU power we can get.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:45 pm

NeglectedField wrote:I had no idea you could get that much RAM. Shows what I know about computers.

It'll be a workstation rather than a traditional desktop, you'd never get that much RAM on a standard desktop motherboard. At the uni I used to work at, there were groups of people with 256GB RAM workstations each. They're hella expensive, but if you're doing what onona's doing, or you're running long, highly complex mathematical simulations, then they're worth it.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

sugarmouse
Warrior of Metal

Postby sugarmouse » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:10 pm

My Grandmother died last week. We were really close. I am so glad the funeral isn't until I get back, although obviously I would have had to miss some of BS if it was.
We're all ****ed. It helps to remember this.

Slev
Paster of Muppets

Postby Slev » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:39 am

sugarmouse wrote:My Grandmother died last week. We were really close. I am so glad the funeral isn't until I get back, although obviously I would have had to miss some of BS if it was.

*hugs*

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:08 pm

The drunk cunt that walked out in front of me driving the tour bus has sent an insurance claim. I'm so fucking mad and stressed and upset right now. Go on, ruin my fucking life, I don't have the time or money or mental energy to hire a lawyer :(

V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Postby V-Man » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:37 am

This kind of thing gets me so bent out of shape mad, you can't really switch the stress off but the best thing to do is reassure yourself that it will all work out. Back in February Meg accidentally rear-ended a Polish lady in a Nissan Note, they were sitting stationary at a roundabout, there was a gap in the traffic so the woman in front started to pull off, Meg started to follow her then she suddenly slammed the brakes on even though there wasn't any traffic. Meg jumped on the brakes too but went into the back of her at about 4mph, there was no visible damage to the 13 year old Ford Fiesta that Meg was driving at the time and a small scuff on the Nissan's bumper. Regardless the woman filed a full claim for damages and whiplash. It was a complete pain in the arse because Meg had just put the deposit down on her new car, her insurer immediately cancelled the quote leaving her with a new car and no insurance, also cancelled her current policy because she had filed to move it over to the new car the day before the accident and would neither reinstate it or give her any money back on the 8 months of outstanding insurance she had left on the policy which was to be transferred to the new car. In the end the insurance on my car went up because she was a named driver, she searched for days and only managed to find one online company that would insure her new car (even though it was only a punto) which was hardly cheap and the insurance on our motorhome ended up going up when I put her on the policy for that as well. Like 6 months later we just got the documents from her old insurer through confirming that the woman's whiplash claim had been thrown out and the damage repair was costed up to about £400 which is less than the increase we've seen on our other insurance policies as a result of the whole thing. We couldn't have settled outside the insurers in the first instance though because she was claiming whiplash. At 4mph!

The bottom line however is that it will all be fine in the end; we're still here, we still have our jobs, our home and our cars, we're not poor and life goes on. It's just a ballache when it happens, more so if you are found to be at fault. If I were in your position I would just reassure myself that at least the guy is suffering and clearly he deserves it.
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:59 am

V-Man wrote:This kind of thing gets me so bent out of shape mad, you can't really switch the stress off but the best thing to do is reassure yourself that it will all work out. Back in February Meg accidentally rear-ended a Polish lady in a Nissan Note, they were sitting stationary at a roundabout, there was a gap in the traffic so the woman in front started to pull off, Meg started to follow her then she suddenly slammed the brakes on even though there wasn't any traffic. Meg jumped on the brakes too but went into the back of her at about 4mph, there was no visible damage to the 13 year old Ford Fiesta that Meg was driving at the time and a small scuff on the Nissan's bumper. Regardless the woman filed a full claim for damages and whiplash. It was a complete pain in the arse because Meg had just put the deposit down on her new car, her insurer immediately cancelled the quote leaving her with a new car and no insurance, also cancelled her current policy because she had filed to move it over to the new car the day before the accident and would neither reinstate it or give her any money back on the 8 months of outstanding insurance she had left on the policy which was to be transferred to the new car. In the end the insurance on my car went up because she was a named driver, she searched for days and only managed to find one online company that would insure her new car (even though it was only a punto) which was hardly cheap and the insurance on our motorhome ended up going up when I put her on the policy for that as well. Like 6 months later we just got the documents from her old insurer through confirming that the woman's whiplash claim had been thrown out and the damage repair was costed up to about £400 which is less than the increase we've seen on our other insurance policies as a result of the whole thing. We couldn't have settled outside the insurers in the first instance though because she was claiming whiplash. At 4mph!

The bottom line however is that it will all be fine in the end; we're still here, we still have our jobs, our home and our cars, we're not poor and life goes on. It's just a ballache when it happens, more so if you are found to be at fault. If I were in your position I would just reassure myself that at least the guy is suffering and clearly he deserves it.

I'm assuming she paid her cancelled policy off in full? Unfortunately as soon as there is a fault claim you wont get a refund at all and if you're on monthly you'll owe the rest of the policy. whiplash claims and all that are bullshit especially gangs that do slam ons etc. its good the government are changing the rules for them. Best thing to say if you ever go into the back of someone is you sneezed or a wasp was in the car, it'll go down as an involuntary act and will go down as non fault

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:03 am

Thor, 2003-2016.

CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:28 am

I'm so sorry Tet. :(