What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
peypea
Denim Demon

Re: What's upset you?

Postby peypea » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:17 pm

herzeleid wrote:People that don't even do their own washing are just asking for such things to happen.

Dude, I have no choice in the matter. My mum goes and takes all my washing on a daily basis. If I ask her to let me do it myself she gets kind of hurt, because... I don't know why.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:20 pm

peypea wrote:
herzeleid wrote:People that don't even do their own washing are just asking for such things to happen.

Dude, I have no choice in the matter. My mum goes and takes all my washing on a daily basis. If I ask her to let me do it myself she gets kind of hurt, because... I don't know why.

Aw. That sounds pretty darn nice of her.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:27 pm

She works herself too hard :P

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:06 pm

peypea wrote:

If I ask my mum to let me wash my own stuff, she lets me wash my own stuff.

Then I have to wash my own stuff :(
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:30 pm

Forgot to add actually... Mum put up a status earlier today saying that my grandmother would've been 70 today. I have days where I miss her so much it hurts, days where I feel it's so fucking unfair that she had to die the way she did. Especially since there were arguements about me not seeing her often enough back then because of my former "gaming addiction". I'm glad I had the travelling today to keep me busy though. I'll probably never stop feeling guilty about that tbh.

bisto
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby bisto » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:34 pm

Jon Lord's sad passing at the age of 71 R.I.P. to one of the most respected musicians and nicest guys in Rock

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:18 am

fluffymoo wrote:Forgot to add actually... Mum put up a status earlier today saying that my grandmother would've been 70 today. I have days where I miss her so much it hurts, days where I feel it's so fucking unfair that she had to die the way she did. Especially since there were arguements about me not seeing her often enough back then because of my former "gaming addiction". I'm glad I had the travelling today to keep me busy though. I'll probably never stop feeling guilty about that tbh.

Try not to feel guilty about it. I think everyone/most people feel that way when a loved one passes. My grandmother lived next door to me all my life and lived all alone. I could have spent so much more time with her than I did and I still feel bad about it, but I do little things like go and look after the flowers on her grave and it makes me feel a lot better :)
I'm sure she'd want you to be happy, don't be so hard on yourself!

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:21 am

bisto wrote:Jon Lord's sad passing at the age of 71 R.I.P. to one of the most respected musicians and nicest guys in Rock

This!

...and I never got to see him perform live. :(
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:15 pm

gandalf the red wrote:
MetalBeast wrote:
bisto wrote:Jon Lord's sad passing at the age of 71 R.I.P. to one of the most respected musicians and nicest guys in Rock

This!

...and I never got to see him perform live. :(

Same here. Deep Purple are one of the few major bands that I like that I've not seen. I tried to get tickets to see Jon Lord's Durham Concerto at Liverpool Philharmonic Hall, but it sold out immediately.

I've seen Deep Purple twice, but with Don Airey (and Steve Morse rather than Blackmore) both times. I would have loved to have seen the MKII lineup, but now I'll never get the chance. Same goes for the "Rising" lineup of Rainbow.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:52 pm

fluffymoo wrote:Forgot to add actually... Mum put up a status earlier today saying that my grandmother would've been 70 today. I have days where I miss her so much it hurts, days where I feel it's so fucking unfair that she had to die the way she did. Especially since there were arguements about me not seeing her often enough back then because of my former "gaming addiction". I'm glad I had the travelling today to keep me busy though. I'll probably never stop feeling guilty about that tbh.

:(

I don't know the circumstances about your grandmother, but I know the feeling of guilt you have when you don't feel you spent enough time with her. Especially now.

See, a few years ago before my grandfather passed away (he'd be 82 this year), he fell down a small flight of stairs because he had a stroke. And then had another one in the hospital. So for the last few years until this May he's been bed-ridden in a nursing home. He couldn't walk, he couldn't eat without help, he couldn't use the toilet without help, he couldn't dress himself, heck he could barely talk. Thats how damaged he was.
When I was taken to the home to see him the way he was for the first time, it pretty much broke me. I have never seen anyone that miserable in my life. It was heartbreaking seeing how much he wanted to just die. And this went on for 4 years. I just couldn't bare seeing him like that. So I never did until this year. And now I completely regret not spending more time with him.

But, in retrospect, I think everyone wishes they spent more time with people that are now gone. It just means you're human. You'll be alright.

Sorry for the essay there. That was harder to write out than I thought :(
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Went to get new jeans, now feeling like utter shit about my weight gain and going up in size. It might be trivial but it's really upset me. Blah.

Azubi
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Azubi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:37 pm

Might sound silly but buy the jeans in the size you want to be and use it as motivation.
http://www.azubi.co.uk - Azubi's Adventures in Abandonment :)

fluffymoo wrote:Fucking hell, Mike - you really are wrong all the time.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:44 pm

I have jeans in that size, it's the size I used to be but I can't fit in them at the moment at all :( I needed new jeans because I can't comfortably fit into any of my old ones.

(This weight gain only happened over the past few months, fairly suddenly. Hence me being so shit about it)

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:06 pm

I'd say just buy one pair in the bigger size for you to be comfy in now, as feeling like you're squished into a small pair won't help you feel better. That way you've got something comfortable you can wear whilst you're trying to lose weight and then you can get back to your old jeans once you've done it :)

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:19 pm

also, if you lose weight, the bigger jeans will be super awesome comfy lazing about in jeans :D I'm wearing a pair at the moment