What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Nantha
Denim Demon

Re: What's upset you?

Postby Nantha » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:12 am

Met up with my ex today, I don't know why I thought it couldn't be a complete catastrophy. I guess at least I know for sure contact is off the cards :(

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:15 pm

Toss up between putting this in here or trivial:

It was Whittlesey Straw Bear festival at the weekend, the type of event we perform at. As it happened, we were 'orphaned' as none of our regular sides were there. After a bit of discussion, it was arranged at short notice to be the musician for a rapper sword side who were in need of one. Rapper is a style of sword dancing to fast tunes, intense for dancers and players.

Anyway, we arrived late on Friday so no chance for a practice, but managed to see a fantastic melodeon player play for their last of the set. So, that's a heap of pressure I'd put on myself in order ro try and play close to his standard. Couldn't practice during my usual sleepless night and arrived far too late to have any kind of practice for the day ahead.

I didn't play a single set that I didn't bugger up on. I forgot to eat or drink so that, combined with my lack of sleep resulted in my forgetting the tune towards the end of the day, which was embarrassing in front of other musicians, and during the last set, my knuckles started locking up on the bass end, so I could barely even try to keep any rhythm going for the dancers when I inevitably forgot the tune again.

AND I missed Craig thanks to crashing to sleep when I was supposed to be getting changed and ready for the ceilidh.

TL;DR Melodeon playing confidence took a huge knock at the weekend, making me and the dance side I was helping out, look horrifically amateurish due to lack of preparedness and practice. Feel terrible for it.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Having massive ladyfriend trouble. Thats upset me.

Housemate cannot offer advice as he 'doesnt want to get involved'. That upset me too. The obnoxious cunt. Couldnt even look at me whilst saying it.

The others cannot offer advice as its confusing, but at least they're happy to try.

Im going to make sure I don't get involved in any problem of his anymore.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:22 pm

RIP Roger Lloyd Pack (Trigger from Only Fools and Horses) :(

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh wrote:RIP Roger Lloyd Pack (Trigger from Only Fools and Horses) :(

Yeah, this. He's done so many great things, I best know him as Owen from The Vicar of Dibley. Farting duck for PM.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:56 pm

A great character actor, best known for those two roles of course but became instantly recognisable & was a very good straight actor as well.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:35 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aaYXu_qzg0

Upset is the wrong word but it tugged on the heartstrings a bit. Sad video. Fuck cancer.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:41 pm

Annabel is getting rid of the bunnies :( I know she is doing it for the right reasons and I know I'd never of got to see them again anyway but it's making me sad knowing that they will be going.

Just hope whoever gets them will look after them properly!

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:46 pm

This has upset me too, every time I think about giving them away I get all tearful D: I wish I could keep them but I just don't have enough time to give them with work as it is at the minute :(

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:45 pm

I wasn't really sure where to post this. Didn't exactly upset me, but it's certainly a sad story

http://www.faithit.com/john-schnider-photo-fathers-passing-jeremy-cowart/

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:28 pm

Found out that one of my favourite Youtubers has passed away... I know it probably seems silly to feel depressed over someone you never met, but I watched his stuff for a long time. He honestly seemed like such a gentle and good hearted person, someone who was truly happy, spread happiness to all, and truly sought to make the world better as much as possible.

He did a ton of charity work as well as the whole youtube thing, so it's a real shame. He wasn't even 30.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:35 pm

VizardAmata wrote:Found out that one of my favourite Youtubers has passed away... I know it probably seems silly to feel depressed over someone you never met, but I watched his stuff for a long time. He honestly seemed like such a gentle and good hearted person, someone who was truly happy, spread happiness to all, and truly sought to make the world better as much as possible.

He did a ton of charity work as well as the whole youtube thing, so it's a real shame. He wasn't even 30.

That JewWario guy?

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:38 pm

Nope, Morfar, a fairly small Youtuber.

youtube.com/morfar

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:37 pm

I had a massive breakdown at work.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:03 pm

fluffymoo wrote:I had a massive breakdown at work.

Oh Moo :( :hug:
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock