What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Re: What's upset you?

Postby Smerphy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:42 pm

Tet wrote:Sleipnir, 1998-2014. She had throat cancer and we put her to sleep this morning :-(

I had to put my cat down yesterday as well. Sucks.

:( :( :(
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Poor kitties :( Sorry for both you guys' losses, putting a pet down is awful.

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Just found out that one of the guys from work died today :-(

R.I.P. Sarge, gonna miss you!

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:53 pm

Definitely feel as if life is out to get me this weekend. Got given my marching orders at work yesterday (soon as I had finished working their Easter Sunday for them no less) and my cat was run over just outside my house in England - car didn't stop of course, blow smashed his pelvis and had a life of incontinence and no balance or the humane way out. Naturally we have chosen the later. God I loved that cat, never gets easier for me to accept the loss of a pet. Think I am going to cheer myself up with a bit of Saints Row or Minecraft. Anyone needs me, ill be in ma bunker.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:00 pm

Laid off or fired?

And sorry about your cat as well :\

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:52 pm

Contract terminated: Probably a multitude of reasons why, which were not mentioned in the letter informing me I was to work there no longer. It totalled one sentence, with the words employment, terminated and as of 27th April - The German way; to the point.

Yeah I truly am sorry for my cat. I chose him from the cats home when he was small enough to fit inside one hand and now, bah. I feel shit.

All the bad news seems to clock in all at the same time, wondering what's next for the hat-trick. :(

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:29 pm

I'm really sorry to hear this, Andy :( Sending many hugs your way.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:46 pm

Fucking hell dude :(
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:29 pm

Sorry to hear that, Andy. Awful timing, too.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:06 am

Cheers! Yeah, Easter was more or less ruined before all that shit happened. Loss of job and death of a cat was the icing on the cake. I need to send an email in the morning to the manager asking for a bit more feedback from my dismissal so I have something to work on with my next job, going to be hard doing that without mentioning how much I thought his team leaders were fucking wankers, mini Hitlers etc. Honestly in 11 years of working have not encountered such appalling leadership. I fell out with one of them for doing more than I was asked to when we were quiet - so he'd rather what I was working on be left because well, he hadn't thought about giving me that task and I made him look bad. I often do that, against people that are bad at their jobs. They fucking deserve every bit. Hate the idea of going back to no cash, but not spending another second in that place is rather appealing.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Uncomfortable subject brought up by colleagues in casual conversation, hope they wouldn't ask me, pretended to ignore it but then they did. Squirmed, shared some painful childhood memories in the heat of the moment and that's my day ruined.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:08 pm

Turbo wrote:Cheers! Yeah, Easter was more or less ruined before all that shit happened. Loss of job and death of a cat was the icing on the cake. I need to send an email in the morning to the manager asking for a bit more feedback from my dismissal so I have something to work on with my next job, going to be hard doing that without mentioning how much I thought his team leaders were fucking wankers, mini Hitlers etc. Honestly in 11 years of working have not encountered such appalling leadership. I fell out with one of them for doing more than I was asked to when we were quiet - so he'd rather what I was working on be left because well, he hadn't thought about giving me that task and I made him look bad. I often do that, against people that are bad at their jobs. They fucking deserve every bit. Hate the idea of going back to no cash, but not spending another second in that place is rather appealing.

Please describe the managers reaction if you do describe them as mini-Hitlers. I can just imagine how well that is going to go down.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:48 pm

Trying to do some editing on my Papa's old piano music for his funeral. On top of everything else going on I've basically spent my night hunkered over my laptop on the floor in a state and crying at everything.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Christ, I can't begin to imagine how difficult that must be. Sending many many hugs for you, I think it's pretty bloody brave what you're doing.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:07 pm

thehairyone wrote:
Turbo wrote:Cheers! Yeah, Easter was more or less ruined before all that shit happened. Loss of job and death of a cat was the icing on the cake. I need to send an email in the morning to the manager asking for a bit more feedback from my dismissal so I have something to work on with my next job, going to be hard doing that without mentioning how much I thought his team leaders were fucking wankers, mini Hitlers etc. Honestly in 11 years of working have not encountered such appalling leadership. I fell out with one of them for doing more than I was asked to when we were quiet - so he'd rather what I was working on be left because well, he hadn't thought about giving me that task and I made him look bad. I often do that, against people that are bad at their jobs. They fucking deserve every bit. Hate the idea of going back to no cash, but not spending another second in that place is rather appealing.

Please describe the managers reaction if you do describe them as mini-Hitlers. I can just imagine how well that is going to go down.

Ah if I had the balls to use "mini Hitlers" to them, id video the reaction and tag you in it. :lol: