The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby kanet666 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:47 pm

Oh dear, we've made an approach for newly appointed Blackpool manager Michael Appleton. If they wanted him why didn't they get him the first time we were managerless. Added to that he has a record with Blackpool almost as bad as Berg's with us.

I highly doubt Appleton is going to come, and if he does well he's an idiot. It's days like this that I wonder why I still follow Rovers.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:59 pm

kanet666 wrote:Oh dear, we've made an approach for newly appointed Blackpool manager Michael Appleton. If they wanted him why didn't they get him the first time we were managerless. Added to that he has a record with Blackpool almost as bad as Berg's with us.

I highly doubt Appleton is going to come, and if he does well he's an idiot. It's days like this that I wonder why I still follow Rovers.

Okay, it seems Appleton wants out and we've been given permission to speak to him. The boardroom battle rages on. Jesus :ugh:
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:05 pm

We've got rid of Camp and are trying out the young keeper, fingers crossed he's up to it! :D

Also brought in a new defender, hopefully he won't be a let down. Andy, is McCleish any good when it comes to getting new players in or is he crap at that too?
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:52 pm

He did bring in some good players for our team, but its just his negative game play style. Its virtually only defending and hardly any attack. Few seasons ago when we were in the Prem, we managed 9th underneath him (which for us is excellent) and had one of the best defensive records in the division, but fuck me was it boring. One goal a game, maximum two all the way through the season. Then we started falling to bits because of injury and a board ill prepared to spend real cash and ended up where we are at the moment.

So yeah to summarise, I don't think he's blind to talent, just tactics. We did after all win the League Cup under him. We wont talk about how Arsenal gifted it us. :yes:

...and McLeish can keep the fuck off Burke too. :yes:
Last edited by Turbo on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:01 pm

Turbo wrote:He did bring in some good players for our team, but its just his negative game play style. Its virtually only defending and hardly any attack. Few seasons ago when we were in the Prem, we managed 9th underneath him (which for us is excellent) and had one of the best defensive records in the division, but fuck me was it boring. One goal a game, maximum two all the way through the season. Then we started falling to bits because of injury and a board ill prepared to spend real cash and ended up where we are at the moment.

So yeah to summarise, I don't think he's blind to talent, just tactics. We did after all win the League Cup under him. We wont talk about how Arsenal gifted it us. :yes:

Well here's to hoping he builds up a good squad, then either we get promoted through not conceding with a 10 man defence, or we get vaguely close and then he gets sacked leaving us with a bunch of good defenders :lol:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:15 pm

On a somewhat related note, I can't wait till Tuesday. Hopefully going to see the Blues do Leeds over. Its cheaper to go to the cup games, I can't really afford to go to the League games. One day...ill buy a season ticket. One day.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:41 pm

So, Carson Yeung then.
Good or bad?

*Runs*

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:06 pm

Darkweasel wrote:So, Carson Yeung then.
Good or bad?

*Runs*

We have to tap on the perspex in Hong Kong every time we need his cheque book for a signing.

Funny story, I went to pick up tickets from St Andrews for the West Ham home game last season and parked in his designated spot in the car park under the premise that he wouldn't be needing it for a while. Just made me giggle that a multimillionaire could have been accused of driving a 10 year old Nissan Micra around.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:19 pm

We've got Michael Appleton on a 2 and a half year deal... woohoo, we can waste money sacking him either when he fails epicly or when he falls out with the owners.

EDIT:
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:57 pm

Appy is a very good coach making the transition to management. He was on a hiding to nothing at Portsmouth and Blackpool were already going backwards. He'l either turn Blackburn around or things were already too buggered up.

Albion fans were up in arms when a certain Gary Megson was given the job ahead of 'proven' Colin Todd in 1999.

Think about it.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:53 pm

jackcake wrote:Appy is a very good coach making the transition to management. He was on a hiding to nothing at Portsmouth and Blackpool were already going backwards. He'l either turn Blackburn around or things were already too buggered up.

Albion fans were up in arms when a certain Gary Megson was given the job ahead of 'proven' Colin Todd in 1999.

Think about it.

He's come in at the wrong time with a poor managerial record, regardless of the situations he's been in. I'll support him but there are dubious circumstances around his appointment linked with a certain agency we've had major trouble with in the past.

Full credit to Gary Bowyer though who finished his caretaker stint unbeaten and is rightly getting highly praised from all quarters for how he's handled himself. He's left Appleton a hard act to follow.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Oh, Jonathan Walters.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:10 pm

Yorkshire cunts.

Made even worse than Skysports made a gaff and said it was 2-0 Blues. I am going on Tuesday night, better get their fingers out for then. In brighter and better news, Villa in the drop zone. Huzzah.

PhilMow
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby PhilMow » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:54 pm

Won 4-0.
Wood now has 6 goals in 3 games. Good buy!

Loosing teams manager gets sacked.
Festivals
MetallicA's Big Day Out 99
Ozzfest 01
Download 07
Rock Am Ring 08
Bloodstock 09,10,11,12,13,14,15
Hammerfest 13, 14, 15
Temples 14

Damnation 15[/size]

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:57 am

Still top. Coventry and Brentford now; both away.

I am going to the latter.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014