The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
x-tempus
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1213
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby x-tempus » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:49 pm

laughing if it's true - great troll otherwise

Steve, via text: "Oh my word I'm 80% certain I just saw Fernando Torres at the Etihad!"

if only that was true :lol:
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

User avatar
foxi
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1169
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:51 pm
Location: Oldham

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby foxi » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:59 pm

Odemwingie, ooooh,
Odemwingie, ooooh.
He drove to QPR,
They left him in the car.
Odemwingie, ooooh.
Image

User avatar
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby kanet666 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:07 am

Well, we've sent our second best player out on loan, and released one of our best attacking options on a free, and managed to fudge up transfers for their replacements by not completing the deals in time. I'm absolutely fuming, the people working inside the club need to go, they're useless from top to bottom.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

User avatar
jackcake
Denim Demon
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Moseley, Birmingham

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby jackcake » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Odemwingie needs to have a word with himself.

He's let a lot of people down in the last seven days and last night especially.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

User avatar
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby kanet666 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Jordan Rhodes gets his 99th and 100th career league goals as we marched on, the team looks a lot tougher to beat and hopefully we can now kick on and march up the table for a late play-off push.

Rhodes is phenomenal though, he seems to take every chance he gets!
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Moonburp » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:16 pm

Image
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

User avatar
payne-metal
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:57 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby payne-metal » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Oh deary me could this be the worse season ever? So much fail it hurts at forest at the moment...
Image

User avatar
jackcake
Denim Demon
Posts: 7487
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:55 pm
Location: Moseley, Birmingham

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby jackcake » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:22 pm

kanet666 wrote:Jordan Rhodes gets his 99th and 100th career league goals as we marched on, the team looks a lot tougher to beat and hopefully we can now kick on and march up the table for a late play-off push.

Rhodes is phenomenal though, he seems to take every chance he gets!


Just a few days ago you were slagging Appy off. You're as inconsistent as Venky's.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

User avatar
Darkweasel
Denim Demon
Posts: 14551
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Darkweasel » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:45 pm

Congratulations, Agent Rafa. Your mission is nearly at an end.
Image

x-tempus
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1213
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby x-tempus » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:53 pm

Moonburp wrote:Image


saw that on BBC earlier, any guesses on whether the manager had this in mind (scoring the other way around) when the two players were signed? :lol:
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

User avatar
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby kanet666 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:02 pm

jackcake wrote:
kanet666 wrote:Jordan Rhodes gets his 99th and 100th career league goals as we marched on, the team looks a lot tougher to beat and hopefully we can now kick on and march up the table for a late play-off push.

Rhodes is phenomenal though, he seems to take every chance he gets!


Just a few days ago you were slagging Appy off. You're as inconsistent as Venky's.


I haven't slagged him off, just said I wasn't happy with the circumstances around his appointment and the initial decisions made by him. I've supported him from the start, just as I did with Berg and Kean. If he carries on as he is I'll be happy to have him as our manager. The blame for the majority of the cock-ups rests with the owners.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

Turbo
Denim Demon
Posts: 14065
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 3:05 pm
Location: Solihull, WM.
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Turbo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:01 am

...and so what I want to know is, HOW MUCH DOES DANROUSH HATE ME NOW. :lol:



Good result for Everton too, as by the sounds of things they didn't turn up.

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Danroush » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:25 am

Turbo wrote:...and so what I want to know is, HOW MUCH DOES DANROUSH HATE ME NOW. :lol:



Good result for Everton too, as by the sounds of things they didn't turn up.


:lol: It's not you I'm pissed at, it's McCleish :(

Also we failed to get all 3 of our transfer deadline day targets, one of which because he failed the eye test, disregarding that he scored from the halfway line earlier this season...
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Moonburp » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:45 am

I just want this season to end :(
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Danroush » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:55 am

Moonburp wrote:I just want this season to end :(


Same really, better than last season so far but we're dropping horribly. At least I saw a few good wins before my season ticket became a waste
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1