The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Chelsea. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Usually, I'd hold off laughing at another team until we'd secured all three points in our own game, but seeing as we're away at Wastelands today with about as much chance of winning as Villa against Barcelona, I thought I'd have a giggle now.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:33 pm

Darkweasel wrote:Chelsea. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Usually, I'd hold off laughing at another team until we'd secured all three points in our own game, but seeing as we're away at Wastelands today with about as much chance of winning as Villa against Barcelona, I thought I'd have a giggle now.

Usually I'd be laughing at our own misfortune too, but it's beyond a joke now.

I know this is a bit "Waaah, we're a big club and things aren't going our way waaah etc", but each season seems to becoming more farcical and frustrating as a lifelong fan. My Dad even started talking about giving up our memberships, but I don't think I could do that.
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:44 pm

You have a paradox at Chelsea in that your saving grace, the man who fronted all the cash, is also your biggest problem.
When is Abramovich going to realise that continually pulling the rug from underneath himself by replacing manager after manager when there's been little to no need really isn't the way to go? Besides anything else, there simply won't be any more "worthy" managers for him to cherry pick before long. There will be always be a huge queue of managers willing to give it a shot, but most of them will either be under-qualified and/or only in it for the fat pay cheque.

And the fans have a problem too in that they can't even voice their displeasure at him for fear of either being seen as ungrateful by the rest of the football world, or at worst having him turn round, stick two fingers up at everybody and fuck off with all of his money.
Chanting for Di Matteo was the closest your fans got to doing anything like that.

Cthulhu
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Cthulhu » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:43 pm

Apparently we're looking to replace Balotelli with Suarez...one asshat out another asshat in i guess, apparently it'll be a £40m deal, money better spent on buying Cavani or Falcao but hey Suarez is a good player just wish it wasn't someone who is a habitual cheat/dick.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Delightful-Jim wrote:Rule #1 of the bloodstock forums : If it exists, someone here will despise it.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:56 pm

£40m? :lol: :lol:

If an out of form (for nearly a full season at that point) Torres was worth £50m two years ago, then the second highest scorer in the Premier League this season who signed a contract extension only six months ago while still having four years left on the previous one would surely only go for between £55m-£60m.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:10 pm

Cthulhu wrote:Apparently we're looking to replace Balotelli with Suarez...one asshat out another asshat in i guess, apparently it'll be a £40m deal, money better spent on buying Cavani or Falcao but hey Suarez is a good player just wish it wasn't someone who is a habitual cheat/dick.

I think it's wishful thinking if you think any of those players will go to City for £40m. All 3 are worth more in today's crazy valuations.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:39 pm

Reina you fucking spastic.

GetToTheChoppar
Denim Demon

Postby GetToTheChoppar » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Liverpool in 'dominate the game and still can't win' shocker.
Turbo wrote:Move on, fuck her off. Smoke crack and worship satan.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:52 pm

GetToTheChoppar wrote:Liverpool in 'dominate the game and still can't win' shocker.

Don't be disheartened. You played very positively away against the current champions and not that long ago, you were floundering in mid-table!
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Cracking match and I thought we were great. Even Downing managed a decent 5/10 performance. Lots of positives to take from the game. To go to The Emirates and the Etihad in the space of a few days and come back unbeaten is fairly impressive in itself.

I'd just love to know what goes inside Reina's head sometimes.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:48 pm

If the bottom five weren't so shit I'd be getting worried now. Odemwonga can't keep his gob shut and now Popov's gobbing at players. We couldn't buy a point at the moment and if not for our good start we'd be right in the shit.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:13 pm

jackcake wrote:If the bottom five weren't so shit I'd be getting worried now. Odemwonga can't keep his gob shut and now Popov's gobbing at players. We couldn't buy a point at the moment and if not for our good start we'd be right in the shit.

I wouldn't worry. You've got good old inconsistent us next.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:35 pm

Yeah but Liverpool have the three easy points from the Villa park fixture on the 31st March.

Cthulhu
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Cthulhu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:56 am

Darkweasel wrote:£40m? :lol: :lol:

If an out of form (for nearly a full season at that point) Torres was worth £50m two years ago, then the second highest scorer in the Premier League this season who signed a contract extension only six months ago while still having four years left on the previous one would surely only go for between £55m-£60m.

Did ya notice the word apparently? i don't believe it much more than you do, it's merely the speculation.

kanet666 wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:Apparently we're looking to replace Balotelli with Suarez...one asshat out another asshat in i guess, apparently it'll be a £40m deal, money better spent on buying Cavani or Falcao but hey Suarez is a good player just wish it wasn't someone who is a habitual cheat/dick.

I think it's wishful thinking if you think any of those players will go to City for £40m. All 3 are worth more in today's crazy valuations.

both are at about £52m if i remember rightly but that's not so far away from £40m really easy to make up the £12m which was what i meant.

Also a lot of links to David Villa lately...seems we've officially started buying Arsenal players before they even sign at the Emirates now :lol:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Delightful-Jim wrote:Rule #1 of the bloodstock forums : If it exists, someone here will despise it.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:19 pm