The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Moonburp
Denim Demon

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Moonburp » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:48 pm

gandalf the red wrote:I don't like him because he's an Italian footballer. Cunts, the lot of them.

Seriously?! :lol:

How could anyone hate Paolo Rossi?!

Beezerk
Consort of the Beast

Postby Beezerk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:49 am

Moonburp wrote:I can't be the only one here who likes Di Canio, right?

He's probably the most infuriating player I've ever watched but he did have that spark of genius.
Good luck to him at Sunderland but he's not really the type of guy who sticks around for the long haul. I'll give him 2 seasons max at the Maccems.

payne-metal
Paster of Muppets

Postby payne-metal » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:43 pm

Danroush wrote:
Our owner has enough money to buy Real Madrid, Chelsea and Man Utd all at once, so something tells me we have a bigger budget than £5 million :P

+1 to add to the ridiculous things you have said on this forum...

Fawaz has some money i'll admit but nowhere near that. If you think he has a bigger budget than the Glaziers or Roman Abramovic (sp?) you seriosuly show a lack of understanding of your own club.

Time will tell with the Al Hasawis. Billy Davies has shown to be a good appointment but during this run of good form a lot of fans seem to have forgotten the utter shambles the first half of the season was. Especially the January transfer window in which the way we behaved as a club made me ashamed to be a forest fan the George Boyd eye test saga making a laughing stock of the club (he seems to keep scoring against now just to prove a point...)

I think the summer window will be an interesting time to see what they can actually offer especially if by some minor miracle we win the playoffs (I see this as unlikely at the moment) or what squad building we actually do if we don't go up.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Off to Wembley on Sunday :D

Cthulhu
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Cthulhu » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:10 pm

Danroush wrote:
Our owner has enough money to buy Real Madrid, Chelsea and Man Utd all at once, so something tells me we have a bigger budget than £5 million :P

Queens Park Rangers have Lakshmi Mittal is the richest man in the UK as i understand it and about 2/3rds of the worlds steel production comes through him, he has billions and billions...QPR still got a transfer budget of just under £20,000,000 regardless of the fact the owner can afford to pump more in over 3 years and invest in creating another premier league giant if he so chose to do so.

Having a rich ass owner and having a rich ass owner who's willing to invest are not always the same thing sadly :lol:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Delightful-Jim wrote:Rule #1 of the bloodstock forums : If it exists, someone here will despise it.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:23 pm

A week before an absolutely massive game the whole 'board' and the caretaker manager are being dragged out for a meeting in India. The only other manager they ever asked to go to India was Kean. There are also strong rumours about us being close to administration. What the hell is going on???
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:57 pm

payne-metal wrote:
Danroush wrote:

Fawaz has some money i'll admit but nowhere near that. If you think he has a bigger budget than the Glaziers or Roman Abramovic (sp?) you seriosuly show a lack of understanding of your own club.

Time will tell with the Al Hasawis. Billy Davies has shown to be a good appointment but during this run of good form a lot of fans seem to have forgotten the utter shambles the first half of the season was. Especially the January transfer window in which the way we behaved as a club made me ashamed to be a forest fan the George Boyd eye test saga making a laughing stock of the club (he seems to keep scoring against now just to prove a point...)

I think the summer window will be an interesting time to see what they can actually offer especially if by some minor miracle we win the playoffs (I see this as unlikely at the moment) or what squad building we actually do if we don't go up.

I think you misunderstood. Where in my post did I say the Al Hasawis are willing to invest more than the Glaziers or Roman Abramovic? I implied that they were willing to invest more than £5 million, which I'm fairly sure they already have (especially if you include the £1 million they spent on the big screens), so your point is moot.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

payne-metal
Paster of Muppets

Postby payne-metal » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:18 pm

Danroush wrote:
payne-metal wrote:
Danroush wrote:

I think you misunderstood. Where in my post did I say the Al Hasawis are willing to invest more than the Glaziers or Roman Abramovic? I implied that they were willing to invest more than £5 million, which I'm fairly sure they already have (especially if you include the £1 million they spent on the big screens), so your point is moot.

Erm when you said this was what I was referring to the general ridiculousness -
Our owner has enough money to buy Real Madrid, Chelsea and Man Utd all at once,
they don't.

He has already spent about 6 million (not including whatever they've had to spend on getting in/rid of managers)

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:26 pm

I said he (referring to Fawaz) has enough to buy all 3, I didn't say he was willing to invest that sort of money, or that those clubs would be willing to sell, just that he has the amount of money required to buy them, which I'll admit I'm not 100% on, but whilst the BBC isn't perfect, I'd hope it wouldn't just entirely make shit up for the hell of it.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

payne-metal
Paster of Muppets

Postby payne-metal » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Danroush wrote:I said he (referring to Fawaz) has enough to buy all 3, I didn't say he was willing to invest that sort of money, or that those clubs would be willing to sell, just that he has the amount of money required to buy them, which I'll admit I'm not 100% on, but whilst the BBC isn't perfect, I'd hope it wouldn't just entirely make shit up for the hell of it.

He doesn't - Manchester United alone are worth around 3.3 billion http://sports.yahoo.com/news/manchester ... --mls.html

Fawaz is multi millionaire/ 1 or 2 billion at a push rich not multi billionaire rich...

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:43 pm

payne-metal wrote:
Danroush wrote:I said he (referring to Fawaz) has enough to buy all 3, I didn't say he was willing to invest that sort of money, or that those clubs would be willing to sell, just that he has the amount of money required to buy them, which I'll admit I'm not 100% on, but whilst the BBC isn't perfect, I'd hope it wouldn't just entirely make shit up for the hell of it.

He doesn't - Manchester United alone are worth around 3.3 billion http://sports.yahoo.com/news/manchester ... --mls.html

Fawaz is multi millionaire/ 1 or 2 billion at a push rich not multi billionaire rich...

Hmm, Forbes reported less than a year ago that they were worth 2.24bn,

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2012/04/18/manchester-united-again-the-worlds-most-valuable-soccer-team/

so I'm not quite sure how they would have had a 50% increase in total value within a single year but fair enough I'll concede they may not have enough to buy all of the top3 clubs at once (provided I take your estimate of Fawaz's wealth without any questions), but the point of my initial post remains though that he easily has enough to willingly invest more than £5mn, which he has already done.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:36 pm

Except United get revenue from winning things :eyes:

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:58 pm

Hmmm shall I watch a game with teams I don't really care about tonight.
I see the bad moon arising.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:52 pm

Steve Mcmanamanmnaamnaman is commentating on ESPN America. :lol:
I see the bad moon arising.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Roma v Lazio is a lot better than the manc derby so far