The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Jobdone » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:44 pm

Annoying how we still can't seem to make too many clear cut chances. We can't get a penalty every week.

foxi
Leather Rebel

Postby foxi » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Does tranmerefan still lurk these parts? Robbing scouse bastard.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:42 pm

gandalf the red wrote: :D

:beer: :nana:

That but with added

And a little bit of this

And quite a lot of this

AidanParry
Definitely Not Nu

Postby AidanParry » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:45 pm

Quite an irritating match against Liverpool, they scored an early goal and completely locked us out, I thought we played very poorly, quite a shock when I think that Evra was probably our best player.

Cthulhu
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Cthulhu » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
gandalf the red wrote: :D

:beer: :nana:

That but with added

And a little bit of this

And quite a lot of this

Jesus christ do you guys miss being first THAT much?

In other news i hear Arsenal have signed Ozil off of Madrid for £42million...fair fucking play if so although i figured they needed a striker who can shoot more than they needed someone to compete with Arteta and Wilshere...still Ozil is a terrific player could make them a fair bit more threatening if the right players get on the end of his crosses.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Delightful-Jim wrote:Rule #1 of the bloodstock forums : If it exists, someone here will despise it.

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Yeovil linked with a loan move for MK Dons striker Izale McLeod. Can't see it myself, but who knows? Also linked with Leeds midfielder David Norris. Again, I can't see it happening. :P

Come with me and you will see, our future in debris. First the sun and now the stars are fading

Cthulhu
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Cthulhu » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:33 pm

gandalf the red wrote:
Cthulhu wrote: Jesus christ do you guys miss being first THAT much?

I guess that not being a local you don't really understand what local rivalries are all about. This is about beating our mortal and hated enemy.

Ask a proper United fan and he will say the same. Citeh and Everton are nothing to either of us. The Lancashire Derby is the only game that matters.

And being first? Champions Of Europe is pretty much first in my opinion.

Ah you beat United, i hadn't been paying enough attention to the league and only knew you went to the top of the league...fair enough proceed with your celebrations.

Champion of Europe is certainly a significant achievement.

Delightful-Jim wrote:Rule #1 of the bloodstock forums : If it exists, someone here will despise it.

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Even though I'm an Everton fan, my hatred of Manchester United overthrows that. :P

Come with me and you will see, our future in debris. First the sun and now the stars are fading

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:57 pm

Cthulhu wrote:
I although i figured they needed a striker who can shoot

So you're saying Giroud (who has scored 4 times already this season) and Podolski (who has scored twice and hardly played) can't shoot? :rolleyes:
I see the bad moon arising.

Cthulhu
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Cthulhu » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:13 pm

Ghost wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:
I although i figured they needed a striker who can shoot

So you're saying Giroud (who has scored 4 times already this season) and Podolski (who has scored twice and hardly played) can't shoot? :rolleyes:

Yeah ignore me, it's clearly one of those days where i need to have my laptop passworded against me

Cthulhu
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Cthulhu » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:19 pm

I suppose what i was trying to say was they've still not replaced RVP and that surely with £40m they could get someone of a similar talent to really boost their goals to games ratio and win games they otherwise wouldn't have.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:32 pm

Cthulhu wrote:I suppose what i was trying to say was they've still not replaced RVP and that surely with £40m they could get someone of a similar talent to really boost their goals to games ratio and win games they otherwise wouldn't have.

Yeah I agree in principle but Arsenal scored more goals last season without Van persie and even when they had him they didn't win anything. Instead of just relying on Van Persie's goals last season we had 4 different players going into double figures. I think Giroud will one day be close to being as good as Van Persie. Giroud's work rate is fantastic. I would have liked them to have brought a striker so that Giroud didn't have to play in four competitions this season because no one can do that. So I'm hoping the Demba Ba deal comes off.
I see the bad moon arising.

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Spanish football writer Andy West: "Some bizarre reports coming out regarding United's collapsed Herrera deal. Apparently a group of men claiming to be United representatives spent an hour at the La Liga offices in Madrid today, but it turns out they had nothing to do with the club and were presumably just attempting to get a cut of the deal in an elaborate fraud.

"Must be stressed these are just rumours but the Spanish media have published pictures of men in black suits - supposedly the United "representatives" - coming out of the league offices carrying briefcases.

"All very strange and no doubt the truth will come out in the next few days."

funniest transfer day deadline shit ever if true! ... until Arsenal don't get Ozil

edit: Ozil signed .... shame, but damn good signing for the Arse
Last edited by x-tempus on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

Aerosol_Kid
Consort of the Beast

Postby Aerosol_Kid » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:34 am

gandalf the red wrote:I guess that not being a local you don't really understand what local rivalries are all about. This is about beating our mortal and hated enemy.

Ask a proper United fan and he will say the same. Citeh and Everton are nothing to either of us. The Lancashire Derby is the only game that matters.

The way you go on it's City who appear to be your most hated club, drop the 'citeh' reference for a start it's a term first referenced by Utd as an insult to us. I'm also sure you've got you wires crossed on the proper Utd fan thinking you're the biggest scalp, I've just asked two Utd season ticket holders, and it's us they'd rather beat, they seem to think we're more inclined to be challenging them for the title this year than you lot, strange I know.

On another point, interesting how you refer to the 'Lancashire derby' surely this is Burnley/Blackburn or Preston/Blackpool. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancashire_derby

I'm still chuffed you beat them lot on Sunday.
skull-wart wrote:Yes! Thor! Clearly the best (and most muscular and handsome) man I've ever seen at everything! I would love to see him headline every day, on every stage. At every festival and gig in this country and all of the others too.

Aerosol_Kid
Consort of the Beast

Postby Aerosol_Kid » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:32 am

gandalf the red wrote:
Aerosol_Kid wrote:
On another point, interesting how you refer to the 'Lancashire derby' surely this is Burnley/Blackburn or Preston/Blackpool. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancashire_derby

I'm still chuffed you beat them lot on Sunday.

The only people who think that Burnley V Blackburn or Preston V Blackpool derbies are 'The Lancashire Derby' are people born after about 1980. Merseyside and Greater Manchester are made up modern 'Counties'. They are traditionally both Lancashire. So therefore THE Lancashire Derby is competed for by the two biggest Lancashire clubs.

Is 'Citeh' such an insult? I first heard that many years ago and it was ridiculing the accent and the fact that usually only people from Manchester support City whereas most United fans live the other side of the Watford Gap.

I was born in '67 and have never heard Liverpool Vs Utd as the Lancashire derby, these Utd fans at work haven't either but hey ho you live and learn.

For me I've never pronounced City as Citeh, and I see it as a slur although I may be wide of the mark in your use of it though ;)
skull-wart wrote:Yes! Thor! Clearly the best (and most muscular and handsome) man I've ever seen at everything! I would love to see him headline every day, on every stage. At every festival and gig in this country and all of the others too.