The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby kaosweaver20 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:13 pm

I always thought we'd probably go down, so I don't think we have anything to lose...other than every match of course. :lol:

Come with me and you will see, our future in debris. First the sun and now the stars are fading

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:46 pm

Haha I'm in the same boat, I support Gillingham (not as strongly as I used to I must admit), and it looks like we're not all to steady at the moment either. I guess thats the trouble with promotions - you're probably just gonna go back down the next year.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Yeah. Although, Gillingham have stepped up to a league that is easier to cope with. Yeovil are basically Mozambique playing the USA at war every week. I need to improve my metaphors. :lol:

Come with me and you will see, our future in debris. First the sun and now the stars are fading

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:01 pm

Four games in and the "big 4" are now pretty solidly expanded into a "big 6" this season. Those 6 are occupying the top 6 slots in the table and I can't really see that changing until the end of the season now. The big question is, which ones will end up in the top 4? Liverpool are looking like the last couple of years have been a temporary blip and seem pretty strong this time around. It's hard not to see Man U up there at the end of the year. The other two? Too early to call at this stage. But it should be a fascinating season for the neutrals to watch.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:43 pm

A well earned point for Yeovil today. Could've been a win, but away from home against a Championship team at a daunting ground such as Hillsborough, anything is welcome. We always have score a goal which is a promising sign, the only downside being that we won't have Byron Webster for the next match due to a controversial sending off. :?

Cthulhu
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Cthulhu » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:43 pm

I'm so glad we fired Mancini with the primary reason being a lack of ability to convert draws into strong attacking and possession based football. It's really turning out so fucking brilliantly. And how Javi Garcia is still getting to play football for us is beyond me, long past time he went.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Delightful-Jim wrote:Rule #1 of the bloodstock forums : If it exists, someone here will despise it.

Bearstock
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bearstock » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:10 am

Tranmere before the game were suggesting they were worried we'd turn them over. Started blisteringly. 2 goals and hit the post within first 20 minutes. Then sat back and they got a goal back just before halftime.

We deserved the win comfortably but made hard work of it.

4-3 though made for an entertaining game.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Bearstock wrote:Tranmere before the game were suggesting they were worried we'd turn them over. Started blisteringly. 2 goals and hit the post within first 20 minutes. Then sat back and they got a goal back just before halftime.

We deserved the win comfortably but made hard work of it.

4-3 though made for an entertaining game.

Similar to our game (forest). Hit the bar twice and 3 shots *just* saved before finally getting one in, then lost the lead due to a penalty. Similar thing happened again for the second goal, then they equalised again through a freekick. Hit the bar AGAIN a couple of times then finally snatched a late (84min) winner, barnsley's luck finally ran out for once (they're only even in the championship due to Palace scoring against relegation rivals peterborough in the last minute of the last game, from a free kick that they shouldn't have even had).
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:54 pm

Seriously, what is it with the Championship? So dramatic. I'm enjoying Yeovil's one season in that league. :lol:

Buggrit Hall
Consort of the Beast

Postby Buggrit Hall » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:10 pm

Fucking BBC and their shitty 'highlights' of the Everton-Chelsea game. Where was the penalty shout incident or when Mirallas was clattered when clean through? Also made it look like the worlds greatest smash and grab when it was nothing like that.

Glad I actually went to the game (albeit six hours drive there and six hours back) rather than rely on the dross that was Match of the Day.

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:12 pm

Buggrit Hall wrote:Fucking BBC and their shitty 'highlights' of the Everton-Chelsea game. Where was the penalty shout incident or when Mirallas was clattered when clean through? Also made it look like the worlds greatest smash and grab when it was nothing like that.

Glad I actually went to the game (albeit six hours drive there and six hours back) rather than rely on the dross that was Match of the Day.

Aha, are you a fellow Evertonian? :)

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:18 pm

gandalf the red wrote:
kaosweaver20 wrote:
Buggrit Hall wrote:Fucking BBC and their shitty 'highlights' of the Everton-Chelsea game. Where was the penalty shout incident or when Mirallas was clattered when clean through? Also made it look like the worlds greatest smash and grab when it was nothing like that.

Aha, are you a fellow Evertonian? :)

What? There's more than one? :P

Apparently there are two. Surely there can't be three. :o

Bearstock
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bearstock » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Complaining about MOTD highlights?

Tsk you should try BBCs coverage of Leagues 1 and 2. Blink and you miss it coverage with both divisions crammed into 15/20 minutes.

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:33 pm

Bearstock wrote:Complaining about MOTD highlights?

Tsk you should try BBCs coverage of Leagues 1 and 2. Blink and you miss it coverage with both divisions crammed into 15/20 minutes.

That and their punditry on Yeovil every week, which culminates to them saying "Aw, bless 'em for trying". :lol:

Cthulhu
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Cthulhu » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Interesting that there are 3 Evertonians, a tranmere fan, a yeovil and a gillingham fan even but not a single supporter of the rags.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Delightful-Jim wrote:Rule #1 of the bloodstock forums : If it exists, someone here will despise it.