The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby bloodfiend » Thu May 07, 2015 2:35 pm

Thought it was a depressing time to be a Newcastle fan, but I shouldn't worry any more, our boss is the best in the Prem apparently:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32627362

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Thu May 07, 2015 3:39 pm

bloodfiend wrote:Thought it was a depressing time to be a Newcastle fan, but I shouldn't worry any more, our boss is the best in the Prem apparently:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32627362

Oh dear, I'd feel sorry for you lot but it could be worse. At least Carver actually cares for the club. We had Steve Kean :lol:
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu May 07, 2015 3:55 pm

He may be a fantastic coach. But he's supposed to be a manager. Some of the best coaches in the world sometimes struggle stepping up.

I think they'll just about stay up. Mainly because the other teams all have tough games.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Thu May 07, 2015 4:18 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:He may be a fantastic coach. But he's supposed to be a manager. Some of the best coaches in the world sometimes struggle stepping up.

I think they'll just about stay up. Mainly because the other teams all have tough games.

Yes but they're winning their games and I really can't see us getting another point.

Hull need a point to overtake us, and they'll beat Burnley at home. Thus Sunderland are our only hope of staying up, we need them to get less than 2 points from their remaining games - they'll definitely loose their last 2 away at Arsenal and Chelsea, but away to Everton and at home to Leicester I can see them getting something from.

And it's not about struggling to step up, the man's an imbecile and has clearly lost the plot - his only team talk appars to be "play like you want the shirt!", his tactics are useless, he's fallen out with the entire dressing room and now he's coming out with crap like this. Nervous times ahead.

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Thu May 07, 2015 11:02 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:He may be a fantastic coach. But he's supposed to be a manager. Some of the best coaches in the world sometimes struggle stepping up.

Agreed, reminiscent of Terry Connor at Wolves a few years back.

bloodfiend wrote:
And it's not about struggling to step up, the man's an imbecile and has clearly lost the plot - his only team talk appars to be "play like you want the shirt!", his tactics are useless, he's fallen out with the entire dressing room and now he's coming out with crap like this. Nervous times ahead.

At this point getting them to play for the shirt is all he's got; what tactics he has had are obviously piss poor and unless he's got the brain of Napoleon then he won't be able to become a tactician in time to get those points. Getting the team to play for the shirt (which seems to be what he is aiming at) is going to have to be his short term solution.

Of course pissing off your whole team is counter-productive to that :lol:

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue May 12, 2015 3:09 pm

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:45 am

Got to admit I'm suprised Juventus made it through to the final, glad though, I'm tired of having 2 teams from the same country contest the final.

Can see Barca winning it though

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Thu May 14, 2015 11:42 am

I've always found that Italian teams usually knock out Spaniards. I predicted last week that Juve would beat Real over the two legs so it didn't surprise me at all.
Finals have a completely different vibe about them to normal knockout games though, so my money's on 2-1 to Barca.
Suarez to get at least one of them.

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:12 pm

If Dnipro win the final can Putin claim a Russian team won? :P

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sun May 17, 2015 12:09 am

I would rather like Newcastle to go down, if I'll be honest.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun May 17, 2015 12:23 am

I want them to go down so they'll fire John Carver cos he seems a right prat.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sun May 17, 2015 6:54 am

I want Hull to go down because they time waste and cheat wherever possible and Steve Bruce is a twat.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun May 17, 2015 10:19 am

I'm hoping Newcastle go down just because of the way Ashley's behaved. I can't see it happening, though. I'm fairly sure it'll be Hull.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sun May 17, 2015 10:43 am

I can sympathise to people wanting it to be Newcastle, but I dislike everything about Hull too much to be with them on this.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Sun May 17, 2015 1:07 pm

I'm hoping Newcastle, Hull, Sunderland and Aston Villa go down. Fairly sure that's not gonna happen though. It'll almost certainly be Hull anyway.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!