The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:33 pm

Tottingham is getting a new stadium. They can't sell tickets for their current one. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:46 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Tottingham is getting a new stadium. They can't sell tickets for their current one. :lol:

??? Attendances averaged 98.5% of capacity last season (for comparison, Liverpool's were 98.6%) and we have a waiting list of over 50,000 for season tickets. Of course, people drop off the list, particularly towards the end of the season, but it's reasonable to think we could shift another 20,000-25,000 if we had a stadium big enough to hold them.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:29 am

Didn't know whether to put this in here or the LOL thread.

Raheem Sterling put up for sale on… eBay after one fed-up Liverpool fan decides transfer saga has become tedious
:lol:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/10/raheem-st ... s-5289165/
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:22 pm

Good riddance.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:14 pm

£49m

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:17 am

He's gonna flop so hard.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:23 am

I think he's going to get a massive wake up call.

He seems to have got into a hissy fit since he was told off for his off field activities (clubbing, smoking, inhaling helium, shisha pipes. etc.). If he really thinks that he's going to get an easier time at Man City under Pellegrini, who's a notorious disciplinarian, then I think he's got another thing coming. :lol:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:31 pm

First time in ages I think Liverpool have taken someone else for mugs in a transfer and not vice versa :lol:

Schweinstiger and Schniderlin (cba to check if I've spelt them right) are done deals for Utd, their midfield looks amazing, lets hope Van Gaal takes another half a season before he works out how to organize it :lol:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:47 pm

Schweinstiger is stupidly cheap, an absolutely top class player. Schneiderlin (damn these stupid hard to spell Germanic names) I'm not so sure about. He was good at Southampton but I'm not sure anywhere else.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:09 pm

Skippy wrote:Schweinstiger is stupidly cheap, an absolutely top class player. Schneiderlin (damn these stupid hard to spell Germanic names) I'm not so sure about. He was good at Southampton but I'm not sure anywhere else.

Exactly what I was thinking about Schweinsteiger. I mean yes he's not young anymore but he's a midfielder rather than striker anyway, surely he's worth at least 10mn?
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:32 pm

I think Schweinsteiger going cheap is a case of Munich giving him his due, he's given them so much and is starting to get on, at this point selling them to the team he wants to go to is probably a thank you.

I'm on the fence about Schneiderlin, I think most Saints player look great at Southampton as they work well as a team and have had good managers, the second they're taken out of that set up and put into a new team that haven't had time to work with each other then they look like fish out of water.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:49 pm

houston4044 wrote:I think Schweinsteiger going cheap is a case of Munich giving him his due, he's given them so much and is starting to get on, at this point selling them to the team he wants to go to is probably a thank you.

But still why sell him so cheap? Man Utd know how great he is and would definitely pay more, and Bastian himself gets 10% of the transfer cost, so he's also losing out going so cheap.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:26 pm

Why have Bayern sold Schweinsteiger?

Legs have gone, a bit part player at Bayern (20 league appearances last year), other players in his position* and his contract was up next season so could of lost him for nothing. Simple really.

*Midfield has Xavi Alonso, Ribery, Thiago, Robben, Gotze, Muller and others.

Just a pity that a player that I like has gone to a team I hate.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:02 am

So we've replaced Cech, a world class goalie who was destined to just sit on the bench with Begovic, a world class goalie who's destined to just sit on the bench.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:05 am

I mean, I get the motivation of "Money in the bank, pimpin aint ez" and free medals, but you'd figure at 28 he'd aim a bit higher.

However I don't really see anyone in that top 6/7 area that actually needs a new keeper for him to go to.