The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Jobdone » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:55 am

Fuck me, Arsenal in the first round we play, at least it's at home.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Known we needed a defensive midfielder and back up striker since the end of last season.

Didn't fucking buy either.

10/10 Levy great window again.

Bearstock
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearstock » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:10 pm

I love how the United fans online are bigging up their panic buy and acting like they've all been fans for years.

That old rule that once you've signed for Man United (Liverpool likewise) you're a superstar before a ball is kicked and the next (insert top Premier League players name).

If he turns out to be shit then the same fans will chastise him and "never rated him" comments occur etc
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:15 pm

We needed a good striker or two due to our record highest signing ever (and best player) being out for a full year since march, so we go and sell our second best player who is also an attacking midfielder.

So, I imagine our scorelines will be a lot of 1-1 or 0-0 draws and 2-1 or 2-0 losses in the near future.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:09 pm

Jobdone wrote:Known we needed a defensive midfielder and back up striker since the end of last season.

Didn't fucking buy either.

10/10 Levy great window again.

That's exactly the same situation as Arsenal. I'm amazed that neither brought what they needed at all, just pissed around all summer doing nothing.

Bearstock wrote:I love how the United fans online are bigging up their panic buy and acting like they've all been fans for years.

That old rule that once you've signed for Man United (Liverpool likewise) you're a superstar before a ball is kicked and the next (insert top Premier League players name).

If he turns out to be shit then the same fans will chastise him and "never rated him" comments occur etc

I kind of have been a fan for years, he's always been one of my first buys on Fifa, mostly because he was so cheap, and got so good quickly. Now he's signed for United, I hope he's terrible. There's not really gonna be any in between for him, either he's amazing or he's a failure. If he'd signed for someone else for £10-20m he'd probably be given more leeway, but at United he needs to fail.

People seem to be more focused on Martial though, and don't notice that City just bought a Chelsea reject for £55m. I like de Bruyne and think he could be really good as well, but £55m is silly money for someone who's had one good season in an average league, couldn't hack it at a Premier League team and plays in a position you already have plenty of players for anyway.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Bearstock
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearstock » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:50 pm

Agree on the points about United but am 50/50 on the De Bruyne coments.

Undoubtedly stupid amounts of money.

It's been like that with loads of players this transfer window though with almost everyone goingf or over inflated prices. If Robbie Brady really worth £7million for example?

Hell we sold our top striker (some things don't change) to Burnley for 6 million rising to 9 million.

He's a real handful and will surely do well for them but that is crazy money for someone who has only had 1 season of league football under his belt and cost us barely 500k a year ago.

I was scratching my head when Chelsea gave up on De Bruyne though. He's a top talent who was an exciting prospect whilst there.

Think he's a stellar replacement for Milner in his versitality.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:34 pm

Anyone else fucking despise that wanky little melody when ITV show football? They've had it since gods dog was a puppy. So irritating.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:48 pm

“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:56 pm

Yeah, fucking dreary piece of shit song.

For the lolz.
https://twitter.com/bet365/status/64134 ... 1584119811

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:09 pm

Sacked in the morning. You're getting sacked in the morning. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Yet another awful first half performance combined with a terrible refereeing decision today. Either Gary "we gave it a right good go" Bowyer or this season can just fuck off already. :(
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:25 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Sacked in the morning. You're getting sacked in the morning. :lol:

He wasn't sacked in the morning. Can't see him being there long though.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:39 pm

Yes Leicester!!!

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:47 pm

Skippy wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:Sacked in the morning. You're getting sacked in the morning. :lol:

He wasn't sacked in the morning. Can't see him being there long though.

I was joining in with the Everton fans song. :lol:

I think Brendan will be joining him soon after that "performance". Awful. As bad as anything under Roy Hodgson's management. :(

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:09 pm

How come the most of the good managers get sacked after a run of a few bad games but the bad managers don't get sacked after months of bad results? Why Rodgers and Lambert were kept on so long is a bit odd :lol: