The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Luke-
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2054
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:18 pm
Location: Blackpool
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Luke- » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:55 pm

I'm so delighted right now. Dimi and Javier take a bow.

2-0 at half time in a bar full of Blackpool fans was a depressing place to be :D.

Makes me happier about Arsenal winning too. I want them to win a trophy and theres no reason to be bitter now :D.
"The thing about numbers is... there's loads of them."
Image

User avatar
Danny Mik
Powermetal Child
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 1:51 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Danny Mik » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:50 pm

Luke- wrote:I'm so delighted right now. Dimi and Javier take a bow.

2-0 at half time in a bar full of Blackpool fans was a depressing place to be :D.

Makes me happier about Arsenal winning too. I want them to win a trophy and theres no reason to be bitter now :D.

I've never been more emotionally beat up through that game...

i shit, and came, and died, all in 90 minutes... awesome!

User avatar
markguy764
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2964
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:28 am
Location: Burgess Hill

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby markguy764 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:07 pm

Danny Mik wrote:
Luke- wrote:I'm so delighted right now. Dimi and Javier take a bow.

2-0 at half time in a bar full of Blackpool fans was a depressing place to be :D.

Makes me happier about Arsenal winning too. I want them to win a trophy and theres no reason to be bitter now :D.

I've never been more emotionally beat up through that game...

i shit, and came, and died, all in 90 minutes... awesome!

Technically it went into 100 minuted after stoppage time. Luckily rafael only got concussion :yes:
Links to my Brighton based events company. Any bands wanting a gig in Brighton feel free to contact us.
http://jackhammermusic.co.uk/default.aspx
http://www.myspace.com/jackhammerpromotions
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=356209302783

User avatar
mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2630
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:53 pm
Location: Shitsville kent
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby mikeftw » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Key's has resigned
Image

User avatar
Darkweasel
Denim Demon
Posts: 14551
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Darkweasel » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:26 pm

mikeftw wrote:Key's has resigned


RIP Old Hairy Hands.
Image

User avatar
herzeleid
Denim Demon
Posts: 6576
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:36 am
Location: Devon
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby herzeleid » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:51 pm

If they get that paddy dickhead from MOTD2 i'll fucking kill myself.

User avatar
mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2630
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:53 pm
Location: Shitsville kent
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby mikeftw » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:53 pm

its gonna be ben shepard, which means the mute button will be used a lot more.


they should get kammy and windass tbh :lol:
Image

User avatar
herzeleid
Denim Demon
Posts: 6576
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:36 am
Location: Devon
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby herzeleid » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Oh, him. He's rubbish. They really, really should just get Jeff Stelling. There isn't a person in the whole country who would disapprove.

Arran
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 401
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:11 pm
Location: Lancaster / Sheffield
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Arran » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:19 pm

herzeleid wrote:. They really, really should just get Jeff Stelling. There isn't a person in the whole country who would disapprove.


THIS.

Also, please, NOT Windass! He can hardly string a sentence together when he's on Soccer Saturday. Would be constant mute if he was on.

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Moonburp » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:20 pm

I normally turn off the TV commentary and stick on 5 live so it makes no difference to me :lol:
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

User avatar
mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2630
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:53 pm
Location: Shitsville kent
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby mikeftw » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:48 pm

Arran wrote:Also, please, NOT Windass! He can hardly string a sentence together when he's on Soccer Saturday. Would be constant mute if he was on.


You mean like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqclkIbYgSo
Image

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Moonburp » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:57 pm

mikeftw wrote:
Arran wrote:Also, please, NOT Windass! He can hardly string a sentence together when he's on Soccer Saturday. Would be constant mute if he was on.


You mean like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqclkIbYgSo

That's awesome :lol:
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

User avatar
foxi
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1169
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:51 pm
Location: Oldham

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby foxi » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:30 pm

What. A. Knob.
Image

User avatar
mcroper
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1872
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:08 pm
Location: Solihull, West Mids
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby mcroper » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:09 pm

It'll be a hillarious Carling Cup Final now :lol:

User avatar
markguy764
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2964
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:28 am
Location: Burgess Hill

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby markguy764 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:46 pm

mcroper wrote:It'll be a hillarious Carling Cup Final now :lol:


Yep watching Birmingham roll over for Arsenal again :(

Also Jeff Stelling def get Key's job but who would take over soccer saturday if theres an early kick off?
Links to my Brighton based events company. Any bands wanting a gig in Brighton feel free to contact us.
http://jackhammermusic.co.uk/default.aspx
http://www.myspace.com/jackhammerpromotions
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=356209302783