The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Bearstock
Consort of the Beast

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Bearstock » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:47 pm

kaosweaver20 wrote:
Bearstock wrote:Complaining about MOTD highlights?

Tsk you should try BBCs coverage of Leagues 1 and 2. Blink and you miss it coverage with both divisions crammed into 15/20 minutes.

That and their punditry on Yeovil every week, which culminates to them saying "Aw, bless 'em for trying". :lol:

At least they mention you.

2 mentioned so far this season, double the amount from the entire season last season.

All 3 quickly made reference to that Doncaster game :x

Buggrit Hall
Consort of the Beast

Postby Buggrit Hall » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:08 am

Bearstock wrote:Complaining about MOTD highlights?

Tsk you should try BBCs coverage of Leagues 1 and 2. Blink and you miss it coverage with both divisions crammed into 15/20 minutes.

I never watch the League Show - not from any feelings of superiority over clubs from the lower leagues but purely because, as you say, the coverage is so poor.

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:50 pm

gandalf the red wrote:I also notice that they don't have the local football show on the Monday night anymore either.

I miss that show. Yeovil were always the main feature, especially when the other South West clubs started being rubbish. :lol: Whereas on the league show we're still small fries.

Come with me and you will see, our future in debris. First the sun and now the stars are fading

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:14 pm

Good first half, shame about the second.
Ran out of ideas and ran out of legs.

And Aspas came on.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:19 pm

That was genuinely the best match of the season so far.

Step it up, EPL.

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:50 pm

Darkweasel wrote:Good first half, shame about the second.
Ran out of ideas and ran out of legs.

And Aspas came on.

I don't think it's a coincidence just how close his name is to "a spazz", absolute donkey of a player!

Still, 10 points out of 12 is fantastic, Moses looked good and we get the Dwayne Dibbley toothed, goalscoring cunt back next week :B
Genuinely the happiest I've been about LFC in a long time. Early days yet but I think we've got a good shot of scraping back into the top 4 this season.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:26 pm

Beardy wrote:Still, 10 points out of 12 is fantastic

I'm just happy it didn't end up being 12 out of 12! To be honest, I'm really not looking forward to Suárez coming back. If you're doing this well without him, you could be a real obstacle to Spurs getting a champions league place this year when he returns.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:23 am

Ah well Spurs are looking pretty good to me. Fingers crossed on a totally different looking top 4 this year, except for Arsenal of course. :lol:
I see the bad moon arising.

Cthulhu
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Cthulhu » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:54 pm

gandalf the red wrote:Out of the games I've seen so far this season the team out of the 'top 6' that looks the least convincing is Man United. They were woeful against Palace until the dodgy penalty.

if they lose against Leverkusen and then against us in the derby i can only imagine the uproar of people looking to have Gollum's head for it.

EDIT: if we lose the same games quite a few folks are planning to sing Mancini chants at every game afterwards until he either succeeds or fucks off so i actually think these two games will be very high pressure for both.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Delightful-Jim wrote:Rule #1 of the bloodstock forums : If it exists, someone here will despise it.

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:23 pm

I'd say Man City are looking less convincing, United are still somehow getting wins. Chelsea aren't exactly setting the world on fire with Mourinho either. I think Liverpool are going to start sucking again in a month or two, and neither Spurs nor Arsenal look consistent enough either. Unfortunately, I can see United doing what they did last year - looking utterly shit but still somehow getting enough wins together to win the league as the rest of the teams that can challenge them are failing miserably.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:34 pm

I guess Man U are getting their tough games out of the way early on. Arsenal will look good for abit because they don't play anyone that good now until Liverpool in November.
I see the bad moon arising.

Cthulhu
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Cthulhu » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:55 pm

Skippy wrote:I'd say Man City are looking less convincing, United are still somehow getting wins.

Eh? They've won, drawn and lost as many games as us...but yes they are more convincing right now the quality of opposition is higher for their first 5 games so that's worth acknowledging.

Delightful-Jim wrote:Rule #1 of the bloodstock forums : If it exists, someone here will despise it.

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:54 pm

Cthulhu wrote:
Skippy wrote:I'd say Man City are looking less convincing, United are still somehow getting wins.

Eh? They've won, drawn and lost as many games as us...but yes they are more convincing right now the quality of opposition is higher for their first 5 games so that's worth acknowledging.

Yeah they lost to Liverpool and drew at Chelsea, but apart from that they've won without looking great, whereas City have looked average against average teams. I'm hoping City just need time to settle, and Man Utd start to fail miserably, but we'll see.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:57 pm

I used to think that United's ability to win whatever was down to Fergie, but they seem to be doing it again this year, so maybe Moyes isn't the one dimensional manager I thought he was. :lol:

Come with me and you will see, our future in debris. First the sun and now the stars are fading

Cthulhu
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Cthulhu » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:38 pm

Pretty happy with that to be honest, if we bring that mentality to the derby it'll be a good game. Feel sorry for Leverkusen on that first united goal though.