The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Illwish
Denim Demon

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Illwish » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:42 pm

I hope Wenger's for the chop after that display, 70 minutes without a shot on target and then can't even finish a team 3 leagues lower than you, and your captain misses a soft penalty :lol:

Bradford, as biased as I am, punched above their weight for a lot of the match, but still shouldn't be beating Arsenal's first team.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Ghost wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:
Chamakh is one of the worst players I've ever seen. :lol: :lol:

Have you seen Gervino? :lol:

Course I have.

Buggrit Hall
Consort of the Beast

Postby Buggrit Hall » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:06 pm

gandalf the red wrote:I think Liverpool must of had the christmas party last night.

Worry not my little cherub 2nd place is yours for the asking - according to your deluded manager at least.

Cthulhu
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Cthulhu » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Buggrit Hall wrote:
gandalf the red wrote:I think Liverpool must of had the christmas party last night.

Worry not my little cherub 2nd place is yours for the asking - according to your deluded manager at least.

I think Rogers should be more realistic and aim for a top half finish that is above Everton to be honest, that's actually possible for Liverpool to achieve (and even that would require a lot of work on their part).
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Delightful-Jim wrote:Rule #1 of the bloodstock forums : If it exists, someone here will despise it.

foxi
Leather Rebel

Postby foxi » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Thought Liverpool were going to bum Villa within the first 5 minutes, then Liverpool's individual frailties started to show. Lucas, amongst others, were shite.

Buggrit Hall
Consort of the Beast

Postby Buggrit Hall » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:25 pm

gandalf the red wrote:
Buggrit Hall wrote:

I think it was more Brendan Rodgers naiviety than anything. A manager should worry more about the next game rather than speculating where you will be at the end of the season.

That's very true. However Brenda is the gift that keeps on giving. As for speculation on whether it will be Liverpool or Everton finishing higher (just tieing in the other comment there too) the mancs aside there is going to be quite a tussle for the 3rd-10th spots this season.

Cthulhu
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Cthulhu » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:04 pm

1. Manchester side
2. Other Manchester side
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal

Reckon that's pretty much the most likely top 4. And i reckon Reading and QPR are pretty sure for relegation.

Otherwise i hope Everton do well and that Spurs do not.

Delightful-Jim wrote:Rule #1 of the bloodstock forums : If it exists, someone here will despise it.

x-tempus
Leather Rebel

Postby x-tempus » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:17 am

a gif of the headbutt is already circulating the interwebs :lol:
Fjar wrote:"Open up, love. I know you don't like it, but it's good for you!"

De Stijl wrote:One rule for vegetables, another rule for cock.
DOUBLE STANDARDS

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:23 am

Brendan Rodgers needs to keep his stupid fat mouth shut.
Has he learned nothing from the Benitez mishap?
SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP!!!

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:26 pm

Saw that coming from the first fucking minute.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Haha, second. Classic

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Moonburp wrote:Saw that coming from the first fucking minute.

Didn't see the game but I wouldn't read anything into it. The officials at these things are a joke to start with anyway.
When we played Sao Paolo in 2005, we were on the receiving end of an undeserved defeat.
I'm not one to cry conspiracy, especially not with something that is little more than a FIFA showpiece game that means pretty much next to nothing, but that game stank.

It all started with Sepp Blatter (no surprise there). As he shook our players hands, he didn't smile and barely even gave them a cursory shake. But when he came to the Sao Paolo team, he shook each of their hands vigorously with a beaming grin, chatted to some of them and gave most of them a massive hug. He then gave the officials a nice big generous smile and handshake too. I clearly remember laughing at the TV and saying "Why don't they just give them the trophy now? We'll never win this in a million years".

We lost the game 1-0 after playing the better football (nothing wrong with their goal, just clever play from them and shit defending on our part) but we had three goals disallowed for offside, were on the receiving end of more dodgy offsides (one was on, the other two touch and go but you've seen teams given the benefit of the doubt before), didn't get a single 50/50 decision in their half and had to contend with them blatantly diving, face holding, rolling around and generally time-wasting from the minute they scored.

Funny thing was though, that if we had've won it (and your lot too, no doubt), our victory celebrations would have been nothing more than holding the trophy aloft at the airport on the return to England and showing it off in the background during an interview.

Sao Paolo drove an open-topped bus through the city streets in much the same way as English teams do when they win the Champions League or the FA Cup. I think in South America they genuinely believe a FIFA PR exercise means they really are the best team in the world. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Darkweasel on Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foxi
Leather Rebel

Postby foxi » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Surely they are though.

;)

Cthulhu
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Cthulhu » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Corinthians are a very good team, not the best in South America or even just in Brazil but very good all the same...that said Chelsea are supposed to be world class.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:03 pm