The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Beardy
I am the Law!

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Beardy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:25 pm

MentalInfestation wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:
MentalInfestation wrote:
Ah come on. We coulda lost. Least a draw is 1 point. Considering the rest of this season, a point is a good thing.

Wish I could be so optimistic. We're now only on level points with City, two above Villa and five above the blues, having played two games more than all of them. If results go against us with those games in hand we'll be eighth.

We're having a shocking shocking season. 1 point is better than none. It's still not on that we're drawing to someone like Wolves, and losing to Reading... Rafa needs a boot up the arse, I'll happily volunteer doing it!

Tell me about it! The last time I remember us being this bad was under Graeme Souness! We desperately need another striker and a half-decent left back (which makes it even more puzzling the fact he let Crouch and Warnock go!) to start with... and someone with even the slightest hint of creativity in midfield would be nice too.

The Toad
Paster of Muppets

Postby The Toad » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:44 pm

Beardy wrote:Tell me about it! The last time I remember us being this bad was under Graeme Souness! We desperately need another striker and a half-decent left back (which makes it even more puzzling the fact he let Crouch and Warnock go!) to start with... and someone with even the slightest hint of creativity in midfield would be nice too.

Spectacularly, it appears that you've decided to sell Benayoun to Spartak Moscow. That'd be your only creative player on his way then...

West Ham seem to have decided that Benni McCarthy is the solution to our woes. I can't say I'm convinced.

(Although there is talk of Gudjohnson and Bentley coming our way, which might help a bit.)

foxi
Leather Rebel

Postby foxi » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:42 pm

Any League 1/Non-league fans around these parts?

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:58 pm

The Toad wrote:
Beardy wrote:Tell me about it! The last time I remember us being this bad was under Graeme Souness! We desperately need another striker and a half-decent left back (which makes it even more puzzling the fact he let Crouch and Warnock go!) to start with... and someone with even the slightest hint of creativity in midfield would be nice too.

Spectacularly, it appears that you've decided to sell Benayoun to Spartak Moscow. That'd be your only creative player on his way then...

Nah he's staying:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8483948.stm

But back to the Crouch thing. Yeah I liked Crouchy, I have no idea why they got rid of him and didn't get a replacement. Actually, we've got rid of a lot of players and not replaced them with quality :|

Have we not got any decent youngsters we could bring into the side? It always amazes me why teams never seem to bring more of their youngsters in slowly to the first team, especially with all these injuries we keep seeming to have. Get more of the youth involved instead of spending a fortune on foreigners.
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:49 pm

foxi wrote:Any League 1/Non-league fans around these parts?

Sadly yes, but I'm writing off this season as a terrible dream.

John Barnes was in charge for 3 months and he ruined us totally
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Metal_saddle
Denim Demon

Postby Metal_saddle » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:12 pm

another one here of the saddlers, althrough we are about as good as tranmere, prob why i hardly watch them anymore.
Nightmare world
Reflected as a dream
Vision blurred
This surely cannot be
Twisted now
Far from reality
Delving into depths
Mankind’s depravity

foxi
Leather Rebel

Postby foxi » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:24 pm

tranmerefan wrote:

Sadly yes, but I'm writing off this season as a terrible dream.

John Barnes was in charge for 3 months and he ruined us totally

I'll be at your place a week on Saturday. Quite like Prenton Park.

markguy764
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby markguy764 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:48 pm

Yeah brighton fan here for about 7 years so as usual a poor season for us.
Dont hate but ive also been a man utd fan for 14 years so not much of a glory hunter as some are (im 20) so im in a good mood at the mo.
Links to my Brighton based events company. Any bands wanting a gig in Brighton feel free to contact us.
http://jackhammermusic.co.uk/default.aspx
http://www.myspace.com/jackhammerpromotions
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=356209302783

Grimslath
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Grimslath » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:51 pm

Chester City - Most definitely non-league... well on our way to Conference North! Great... Thanks Steve Vaughan you useless criminal c*nt. :x
Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult for BOA 2012!

foxi
Leather Rebel

Postby foxi » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:54 pm

Feel sorry for Chester City, they've had it proper rough for a couple of seasons. Don't worry though. The Conference North and the Unibond Prem aren't too bad. Just forget about away ties at Bradford with 13,000 attendences.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:00 pm

I'm confused tonight. I despise Man Utd with a fiery passion but in some sick, messed up way am actually glad they beat City.
Ever since being taken over by Mansour, City fans have suddenly gone from being decent fans to gobby bigheads, shouting about how rich they are and how they're going to buy everybody.

Sorry, City but tonight proved history/tradition>>>>>>>>>>Open chequebook.

I need a shower. :hurl:

MentalInfestation
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby MentalInfestation » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:11 pm

Darkweasel wrote:I'm confused tonight. I despise Man Utd with a fiery passion but in some sick, messed up way am actually glad they beat City.
Ever since being taken over by Mansour, City fans have suddenly gone from being decent fans to gobby bigheads, shouting about how rich they are and how they're going to buy everybody.

Sorry, City but tonight proved history/tradition>>>>>>>>>>Open chequebook.

I need a shower. :hurl:

Yeah, you really do! :lol: I wanted City to win to shut the two lads in my history class up who are Man U fans. You dunno how badly I've had the Michael taken out of me for supporting Liverpool :cry:
Is no longer using this forum. Adios, off to pastures new with some "grown ups" and less egos :)

Grimslath
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Grimslath » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:34 pm

foxi wrote:Feel sorry for Chester City, they've had it proper rough for a couple of seasons. Don't worry though. The Conference North and the Unibond Prem aren't too bad. Just forget about away ties at Bradford with 13,000 attendences.

Yeah, I just love the fact that we've had absolutely no support from the media because we have an arsehole in charge who has screwed us over completely. Hopefully this new deal goes through and we'll get a new owner...
Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult for BOA 2012!

Arran
Consort of the Beast

Postby Arran » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:50 am

I am both a Newcastle United fan, and a Lancaster City fan! :D

Things are looking good for me this season with Newcastle top of their league, and Lancaster are top of theirs too after winning 18 out of 20 games so far! :D

Makes a change to see my teams do so well.

absol
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby absol » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:52 am

Good god I hate being a Sunderland fan...
http://facebook.com/theprincipalityofsealand

http://theunbearableadventuresofpercy.tumblr.com/ - My webcomic.
'The next Dilbert', according to a very close, sycophantic, over-excited friend of mine.

Solidarity forever.