The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
Jobdone
Denim Demon
Posts: 15679
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:37 am
Location: Tiny Village, Wales

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Jobdone » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:56 pm

I wish I'd bet on him going over from a gust of wind like a fucking cunting shitting fucking cunt fuck shit.
Image

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Moonburp » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:00 pm

Every time he gets the ball, it's always one touch too many and gives it away all too often. Then, when he does score he acts like he's shithot.

I also love the Willian song. Because it mocks Spurs without being racially offensive.
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

User avatar
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby kanet666 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:03 pm

Moonburp wrote:Every time he gets the ball, it's always one touch too many and gives it away all too often. Then, when he does score he acts like he's shithot.

I also love the Willian song. Because it mocks Spurs without being racially offensive.


If there's anyone I'd complain at for giving the ball away (particularly today) it would be Schurrle, or maybe Hazard.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Moonburp » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:03 pm

kanet666 wrote:
Moonburp wrote:Every time he gets the ball, it's always one touch too many and gives it away all too often. Then, when he does score he acts like he's shithot.

I also love the Willian song. Because it mocks Spurs without being racially offensive.


If there's anyone I'd complain at for giving the ball away (particularly today) it would be Schurrle, or maybe Hazard.

I complained about Schurrle all the time until last weekend :lol:
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

User avatar
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby kanet666 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:08 pm

I'm not surprised he got hauled off first, he was abysmal today. As far as the German attackers go, Reus was the way to go rather than Schurrle.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

User avatar
Moonburp
Denim Demon
Posts: 15325
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Moonburp » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:17 pm

I'm actually feeling a little sorry for Tottenham now
Fjar wrote:I can't tell if she's got sun cream on or she's getting crusty round the edges..

I WRITE THINGS
last.fm

User avatar
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby kanet666 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:18 pm

Don't. If their defence had an ounce of common sense between them they wouldn't be in this mess.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

User avatar
herzeleid
Denim Demon
Posts: 6576
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:36 am
Location: Devon
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby herzeleid » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:22 pm

God Tottenham are shit. What does Sherwood actually know about management other than 'put Adebayor in the team'?
Image

User avatar
Tet
Denim Demon
Posts: 8833
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:09 pm
Location: Harrow
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Tet » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:40 pm

Well that was shit. We utterly dominated in the first half. Then we went down to a goal against the run of play and 2 minutes later we were another goal down and reduced to 10 men due to some ridiculous refereeing.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

User avatar
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby kanet666 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:42 pm

Tim Sherwood looks and sounds genuinely broken by that result.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Danroush » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:39 pm

gandalf the red wrote:I really hope that Hull City get a hefty fine or ban for that pitch invasion. They're supposed to be a Premier League club but are just a Mickey Mouse club.


Interesting to see a third division team in the semis, that said they were one game away from the premier league a few years ago!
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

User avatar
cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:46 pm
Location: R'lyeh

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby cthulhu » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:01 pm

Right, that settles it. I'm now certain that Demichelis is in fact a double agent.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

User avatar
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2972
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby kanet666 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:11 pm

Danroush wrote:
gandalf the red wrote:I really hope that Hull City get a hefty fine or ban for that pitch invasion. They're supposed to be a Premier League club but are just a Mickey Mouse club.


Interesting to see a third division team in the semis, that said they were one game away from the premier league a few years ago!

Even if they get past Hull they'll get smashed by whoever they play in the final, a la Bradford.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

User avatar
Danroush
Denim Demon
Posts: 9436
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Danroush » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:32 pm

kanet666 wrote:
Danroush wrote:
gandalf the red wrote:I really hope that Hull City get a hefty fine or ban for that pitch invasion. They're supposed to be a Premier League club but are just a Mickey Mouse club.


Interesting to see a third division team in the semis, that said they were one game away from the premier league a few years ago!

Even if they get past Hull they'll get smashed by whoever they play in the final, a la Bradford.


Yes but the difference here is that they may still end up in the europa league due to the winner already being in champions league

Edit: provided wigan don't end up being the other team in the final :lol:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.


http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

User avatar
Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:31 pm

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Bearstock » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:28 pm

Sheffield United vs Arsenal would be a brilliant final in terms of neutral interest.

Nigel Clough with a chance to win the only trophy his dad didn't.

Arsenal trynna get their first trophy in ten years.

League one vs premiership.

Also Sheffield United have the semi final after a run of 5 league games against the top 5 teams in the league.
Image
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5