TV: Current and Recent

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Jobdone » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:55 pm

clare-l wrote:there's literally two action scenes in the whole ten episodes so holding swords =/= action scene because it's not like they even cut the stuff from an action scene.

:| Luke's whole point was that the trailer/promo suggested more action than he got.

Sure, having watched 10 episodes, it's probably evident there isn't, but judging by promo alone? It looks like theres action

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:07 pm

i disagree, i don't think it does. also based on watching last year's trailers. is that okay?

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:10 pm

I can see the bait and switch easily now, but last year I was expecting a little more action. I did like the show by the end, I'm hoping the new season carries on the flow. i know to expect lots of dialogue now, so I should enjoy this more. Plus more peter dinklage is always a good thing.

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:14 pm

going against your expectations is the one theme of the asoiaf series, you get more used to it after the first big one (ned) :D

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Luke_X wrote:I can see the bait and switch easily now, but last year I was expecting a little more action. I did like the show by the end, I'm hoping the new season carries on the flow. i know to expect lots of dialogue now, so I should enjoy this more. Plus more peter dinklage is always a good thing.

Apparently, they put a battle scene in the 'too hard to do' file in the first series and left it out, but have a big 'un in this series.

On the Sean Bean thing, his death is a big deal and causes a war - hard to see how his importance could be conveyed if he wasn't a main character in the series.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:21 pm

he's the catalyst for the plot but he's not in any way the main character. he's quite clearly the "loser" in the "you win or you die" aspect. i mean, he literally goes and tells Baelish his plans.. AFTER baelish says not to trust him in any circumstances. that was only one shining moment of stupid among many.

as for battles, they didn't have the budget until it was a success. but they have filmed blackwater which'll be great if done right.

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:14 pm

clare-l wrote:my hatred of Tyrion Lannister only grew in that first scene with Cersei. Cersei's such an interesting and compelling character. Tyrion gloats about his pain and success alike, hate him.

Haven't seen the scene myself, but Tyrion is by far the best character in the series for me. Cersei is an annoying bint, like pretty much all the other female characters in it :lol:
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:17 pm

Damn that episode was grim.

Can't wait 'till next week! :D :D

Also, Tyrion for the win.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:57 pm

VirginInvader wrote:
clare-l wrote:my hatred of Tyrion Lannister only grew in that first scene with Cersei. Cersei's such an interesting and compelling character. Tyrion gloats about his pain and success alike, hate him.

Haven't seen the scene myself, but Tyrion is by far the best character in the series for me. Cersei is an annoying bint, like pretty much all the other female characters in it :lol:

i disagree - the women are by far more developed and more interesting than the majority of the men. cersei especially. it's intentional on the part of the author too. tyrion is really one-dimensional in comparison, and also i'm not ever going to like reading/seeing about a rapist portrayed in a sympathetic light because he is gross.

ohh well.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Logged onto Facebook tonight to see a pic of a guy I know in full (well, semi - he's only clothed from the waist down) costume. He's an extra in this series of Game of Thrones but he doesn't know who he's fighting for, or even which episode he'll be in as he doesn't actually watch the show! :doh:

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Postby VirginInvader » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:32 pm

Finally got round to watching this new episode. Absolute fucking shite in almost every way. The only remotely positive thing I have to say about it is that the bird playing Melisandre is fit. The redhead section of my wank bank has a new entrant!
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:36 pm

The new episode was fairly good, I still don't understand all of the hype though.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

Taliesin
Warrior of Metal

Postby Taliesin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:07 am

I found it a bit..... meh.
Hope it picks up next week.
Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what they'll be having for lunch. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:54 am

clare-l wrote:
VirginInvader wrote:

i disagree - the women are by far more developed and more interesting than the majority of the men. cersei especially. it's intentional on the part of the author too. tyrion is really one-dimensional in comparison, and also i'm not ever going to like reading/seeing about a rapist portrayed in a sympathetic light because he is gross.

ohh well.

i disagree. its not as simple as the women are all more developed and interesting or the men are, there are both male and female characters who are quite interesting. cersei doesnt spring to mind for me, she's just a bitch who only loves herself and her kids. seems like there might be more development for her in this series though.

and tyrion is quite clearly the best character so far.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:58 am

New episode is awesome. Makes me want to finish the first book and crack on with CoK even more. Should be done in a day or two :D

Oh, and from getting up to where I am now in the series, I can safely say there's nothing I hate more than Sansa chapters.