TV: Current and Recent

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Bearstock
Consort of the Beast

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Bearstock » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:12 am

So E4 has the 3rd season of Revenge and a remake of The Tomorrow People starting in January.

Intriguing.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:33 pm

An Adventure in Space and Time

The story of how the BBC came up with Dr Who and how it all nearly went tits up before it even got going.
Written by Mark Gatiss and starring David Bradley as William Hartnell, the whole thing was as close to perfection as you could wish for.
Would have enjoyed it even more but I got some dust in my eye at the end. Or it was allergies or something.

10/10

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:49 pm

Bearstock wrote:So E4 has the 3rd season of Revenge and a remake of The Tomorrow People starting in January.

Intriguing.

The Tomorrow People is ok(ish), taking a while to get going. 8 Episodes in, via internet-land. Peyton List helps of course :drool:

Darkweasel wrote:An Adventure in Space and Time

The story of how the BBC came up with Dr Who and how it all nearly went tits up before it even got going.
Written by Mark Gatiss and starring David Bradley as William Hartnell, the whole thing was as close to perfection as you could wish for.
Would have enjoyed it even more but I got some dust in my eye at the end. Or it was allergies or something.

10/10

Took you long enough. :rolleyes:

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Just call me British Rail.

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:58 am

Darkweasel wrote:An Adventure in Space and Time

10/10

It was incredible wasn't it.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:50 pm

Dat Sherlock. <3
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:37 am

Delightful-Jim wrote:Dat Sherlock.

...was dreadful.
Honestly, a load of utter bollocks, just trying to be flashy and mysterious without telling any kind of story whatsoever. Martin Freeman was the only believable character, while the story telling could have been condensed into about 10 minutes...absolutely nothing was explain - the jumping off the roof thing of course, but then any plot point whatsoever was either not explained at all, or covered in 3 seconds to no depth at all. Dreadful toss just trying to look cool.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Owen
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Owen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:25 am

Boardwalk Empire season 4 Finale.

What the FUCK?
Turbo wrote:Got to be honest, in comparison to pizza you can get take away or at restaurants - shop bought pizza is shit. Had another doner kebab pizza today. Shit is off the fucking chain.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:48 am

Owen wrote:Boardwalk Empire season 4 Finale.

What the FUCK?

:(

Owen
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Owen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:01 am

Spoilers

I really hope they don't dwell on Margaret in season 5, just have more Nelson and Chalky.

I am really glad that Narcisse didn't kill Chalky that would've been like Todd killing Jesse.

Having heard season 5 will be the last I really look forward to what story they cook up, considering there doesn't really seem to be an obvious end-all goal for any of of the characters.

Also, that last minute. :(
Turbo wrote:Got to be honest, in comparison to pizza you can get take away or at restaurants - shop bought pizza is shit. Had another doner kebab pizza today. Shit is off the fucking chain.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:13 am

Season 5 will be the last? With so much Capone still to come?
Surely they'll keep on for a sixth or seventh season.

Owen
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Owen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:16 am

Dr Sin
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Dr Sin » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:23 am

Skippy wrote:

...was dreadful.
Honestly, a load of utter bollocks, just trying to be flashy and mysterious without telling any kind of story whatsoever. Martin Freeman was the only believable character, while the story telling could have been condensed into about 10 minutes...absolutely nothing was explain - the jumping off the roof thing of course, but then any plot point whatsoever was either not explained at all, or covered in 3 seconds to no depth at all. Dreadful toss just trying to look cool.

I kind of agree, I was a little disappointed. The episode focused so much on Sherlock himself, the plot of the actual episode got lost, and became somewhat of an after thought.

Hopefully the next episode is much better, the first two series we absolutely incredible.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:54 am

Dr Sin wrote:
Skippy wrote:

...was dreadful.

I kind of agree, I was a little disappointed. The episode focused so much on Sherlock himself, the plot of the actual episode got lost, and became somewhat of an after thought.

Hopefully the next episode is much better, the first two series we absolutely incredible.

All of the above. They didn't get over the fact that 'Sherlock's alive!!' for a whole hour. And when the storyline of the episode finally did get started, it was all over with 'there's always an off switch'. Biggest anti-climax ever.

The weird 'fan base' within the episode was pretty creepy and unnecessary too.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:37 pm

Finished Fringe over the christmas holidays, I imagine if you were watching it week to week, it was fucking infuriating, but just marathoning it was great. Constantly resets the setting so new stuff can happen. As with anything, the final season was weaker than the others, but still good, and a nice ending.

ALSO NEW COMMUNITY TOMORROW AWYUS.