TV: Current and Recent

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:19 am

Fargo was brilliant. Not sure how a second Season would be, but I'd be more than happy to give it a go. GoT, far better than Season 3 but I do worry about next Seasons content somewhat.

Slowly getting into Salem & Penny Dreadful, took a few episodes of each but enjoyable now. New Falling Skies & Defiance began, so shall watch them. Might also give Dominion a go, even though it's SyFy it has potential.

Not sure what else is about at the moment, I need to have a trawl through.

EDIT: Apparently Under The Dome got a second series & starts soon, I'm wondering if I care though....& True Blood might be half decent again as it's the last Season, not expecting much though.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:08 pm

I'm 7 episodes into Fargo and think it's bloody brilliant! Game of Thrones was great too, fantastic run of final three episodes. I gave up on Penny Dreadful half way through eps 4, contrary to some opinion I actually found it got more boring as each week went by. If you're looking for something else try Orphan Black. Surprised more people aren't watching this, worth if for Tatiana Maslany's powerhouse acting performance (which has rightfully started winning awards).

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:13 pm

There's going to be more than one season of Fargo? Odd, it must be a very long "true story". Either way, I thought this first season was excellent.

Also Billy Bob Thornton with the silver hair looked so much like my father it genuinely creeps me out.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:30 pm

Potato-Jim wrote:There's going to be more than one season of Fargo? Odd, it must be a very long "true story". Either way, I thought this first season was excellent.

Also Billy Bob Thornton with the silver hair looked so much like my father it genuinely creeps me out.

Having not seen the last episode yet I can't say this with certainty, but I'm sure they said they would use a new set of characters each season.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm

Game of Thrones finale - 9/10

Fargo finale - 9/10

Catching up with Salem after leaving it for a few weeks. Three episodes to go and still very little has happened. Not awful though.

True Blood back tonight in the US and Californication finishes tomorrow forever. Thank God.

Falling Skies is back and it can still fuck off. Not watching that shit ever again.

Under the Dome back next week. Will give it another bash.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:44 pm

[quote="Darkweasel"Falling Skies is back and it can still fuck off. Not watching that shit ever again[/quote]

Didn't you say that last time? I gave up around Ep 7 of season 1. I'm all for shows that and intelligent and require more talking instead of action but it was all just talking. They never did anything.

Bearstock
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearstock » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Soze wrote:If you're looking for something else try Orphan Black. Surprised more people aren't watching this, worth if for Tatiana Maslany's powerhouse acting performance (which has rightfully started winning awards).

Surprising lack of people seem to watch that.

I also quite enjoy it to be fair and has plenty of little twists and turns.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:20 pm

Bearstock wrote:
Soze wrote:If you're looking for something else try Orphan Black. Surprised more people aren't watching this, worth if for Tatiana Maslany's powerhouse acting performance (which has rightfully started winning awards).

I'm a bit behind, but really enjoying it so far. Was expecting to get confused by all the clones but its not that confusing yet, and very well acted.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:46 am

Skippy wrote:
Bearstock wrote:

I'm a bit behind, but really enjoying it so far. Was expecting to get confused by all the clones but its not that confusing yet, and very well acted.

It becomes quite the tangled web in the second season, I may go back and re-watch it all now that it's finished for the year. Although there are loads of other things to watch and I'm also on a 1970's Doctor Who and 1990's Simpsons re-watch!

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:59 pm

Luke_X wrote:Didn't you say that last time? I gave up around Ep 7 of season 1. I'm all for shows that and intelligent and require more talking instead of action but it was all just talking. They never did anything.

I did. And I stuck by it.
I watched one and a half episodes of the third series before switching it off forever.
It started up again last week but I have no intention of watching it.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:30 pm

Potato-Jim wrote:There's going to be more than one season of Fargo? Odd, it must be a very long "true story". .

Its not - IIRC a quote from the Coen brothers about it and they said something like "we wanted to do one of the those 'based on a true story' films" but couldn't find one, so we made one up"
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:27 pm

Started watching Orange is the New Black, it's pretty entertaining.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:08 pm

Watched "Murdered By My Boyfriend" and it was pretty harrowing. Based on a true story as well which makes it worse. I did find myself questioning some of the decisions made by the main woman in the story though, I will be honest...

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:07 pm

I caught the very last 2 or so minutes after watching The Bucket List. Was pretty depressing.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:50 pm

The pilot episode of the upcoming series of The Flash has leaked.

I rather liked it.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock