TV: Current and Recent

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Applecore » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:20 pm

So, I've finished my second run-through of Game of Thrones (this time with my Mum. Yes it was awkward in places), and we're now looking for something else to get stuck into.
We have Under the Dome on DVD but I'm struggling to find any enthusiasm for it, as I gave up a few episodes in when it was first on. Picked up the DVD when I saw it on the cheap here and hoped I'd get that enthusiasm back. So far I haven't.

Anyway. I've got the following pilots lined up:
True Detective
American Horror Story: Asylum (skipping Murder House as I couldn't get into it first time around)
House of Cards
Penny Dreadful
Sleepy Hollow

Any of these worth prioritising, skipping outright, or any other recommendations?
I'm also working through Arrow season one and about to start Orange is the New Black.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:43 pm

I'm watching House of Cards right now.

KEVIN MOTHERFUCKIN' SPACEY.

Green Man 2
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man 2 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:45 pm

peypea wrote:Started watching Orange is the New Black, it's pretty entertaining.

Yeah it is! I didn't think the second season was quite as good as the first but still total and complete compulsive watching all the way through.

Where are you at in the series?

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:04 pm

Applecore wrote:So, I've finished my second run-through of Game of Thrones (this time with my Mum. Yes it was awkward in places), and we're now looking for something else to get stuck into.
We have Under the Dome on DVD but I'm struggling to find any enthusiasm for it, as I gave up a few episodes in when it was first on. Picked up the DVD when I saw it on the cheap here and hoped I'd get that enthusiasm back. So far I haven't.

True Detective
American Horror Story: Asylum (skipping Murder House as I couldn't get into it first time around)
House of Cards
Penny Dreadful
Sleepy Hollow

Any of these worth prioritising, skipping outright, or any other recommendations?
I'm also working through Arrow season one and about to start Orange is the New Black.

I've been giving the new From Dusk Till Dawn series a go. I love the film and these is very loyal to it while still expanding on mythology of the vampires. Tons of fake blood and b-movie acting you'd expect from a Robert Rodriguez movie.

Bizza
Paster of Muppets

Postby Bizza » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:31 am

Finished watching Ashes To Ashes, dat ending. Woah.
BOA - '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18,' 19, '21, '22, '23.
Warhorns '12 '15 '16
WOA - '15
Damnation - '12
Download - '16 (Never fucking again)

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:15 am

Luke_X wrote:
Applecore wrote:So, I've finished my second run-through of Game of Thrones (this time with my Mum. Yes it was awkward in places), and we're now looking for something else to get stuck into.

True Detective
House of Cards
Penny Dreadful
Sleepy Hollow

I've been giving the new From Dusk Till Dawn series a go. I love the film and these is very loyal to it while still expanding on mythology of the vampires. Tons of fake blood and b-movie acting you'd expect from a Robert Rodriguez movie.

Completely forgot about that! That's one I doubt Mum would be interested in, though. I'll certainly check it out myself, though. Fargo, too.

EDIT: Acquired the pilots for FDTD and Fargo. Also watched the first episode of OITNB last night and loved it. Shall be working on grabbing the rest of the series now.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:22 pm

Finished From Dusk Till Dawn and it was pretty good. I loved how they have thought out the mythologies and went into greater detail about Richie. I'm looking forward to season 2.

I was the first episode of oitnb and I didn't think much of it. I'll give ep 2 a go but I don't think it's a show I'll go back to.

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:35 pm

Anyone know owt about Utopia? Starts on C4 this week.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:56 pm

First series was fantastic.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:09 pm

Absolutely loved the first series. Can't wait for the new one.
Monday 14th and Tuesday 15th for the first two episodes.

josh-damnation
Lowly Peon

Postby josh-damnation » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Absolutely loving Friday Night Dinner at the minute. First series was a bit weird and didn't think much of it but the second series was brilliant meaning my excitement for this series was pretty high and it's not disappointing so far. The father is possibly one of the best characters ever!

Also loving George Clarke's Amazing Spaces. Some of the projects are absolutely terrible and wastes of many thousands of pounds but some of them are done to such a high standard and are absolutely amazing! This show is dangerous cause it gives me way too many weird and wonderful ideas for if I ever have a large sum of spare money! George and his architect mate piss me off no end though.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:43 am

josh-damnation wrote:Absolutely loving Friday Night Dinner at the minute. First series was a bit weird and didn't think much of it but the second series was brilliant meaning my excitement for this series was pretty high and it's not disappointing so far. The father is possibly one of the best characters ever!

Ooh, is there another series on?
I really enjoyed both the first and second. Jim is brilliant :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:11 pm

I quite liked the first series but the second was a bit of a letdown, especially the old man episode. The fact that they brought the old guy back was a bit shit, he's not really that funny.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:00 am

Watched the first 2 episodes of Series 3 last night. Brilliant :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:37 am