TV: Current and Recent

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Jobdone » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:23 pm

One of the best It's Always Sunny episodes ever.

Fantastic.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:17 pm

Oh yeah, and Better Call Saul episode 2 was fucking great.

Just wish this was only on netflix so they could dump it all instead of week to week.

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:42 am

EDIT: Woops wrong thread
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:52 am

I thought the latest episode of TWD rather spectacular personally. Haven't seen the second Better Call Saul episode yet but the first was promising. Started watching Flash as well, opener was reasonably good fun.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:58 am

Flash is fun enough if you're not really focusing on it. I generally have on it on the second monitor while I play something.

I just struggle to be completely invested in a superhero who can solve most of his problems by just running faster or being less shit, and seems unable to do that.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:05 am

I struggled with The Flash in the same way I struggled with Arrow.
Decent enough if there's nothing else to watch, but I don't care enough to keep making the effort to watch it. Especially when there's other good stuff that I actively enjoy watching on almost every day.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:34 am

I gave up on Arrow midway through the first season for that reason. It was harmless but mediocre. I'd heard that Flash was more of a 'fun' show so thought I'd give it a shot.

No-one has really pulled off the superhero genre on TV. Daredevil looks promising though.

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:11 am

Better Call Saul has been great so have high hopes the series will be awesome :)

The new Walking Dead was a bit boring it seemed to drag on and just focused on the death of Tyreese for an entire episode which really wasn't great.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:39 am

The Walking Dead: Black Highlander

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:54 am

Soze wrote:I gave up on Arrow midway through the first season for that reason. It was harmless but mediocre. I'd heard that Flash was more of a 'fun' show so thought I'd give it a shot.

No-one has really pulled off the superhero genre on TV. Daredevil looks promising though.

Not sure if it counts (and may be an unpopular opinion), but I'm enjoying Gotham. A lot more intriguing than Arrow or Flash, and enough of its own "thing" to distance itself from solely being a Batman prequel.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:22 pm

Applecore wrote:
Soze wrote:I gave up on Arrow midway through the first season for that reason. It was harmless but mediocre. I'd heard that Flash was more of a 'fun' show so thought I'd give it a shot.

Not sure if it counts (and may be an unpopular opinion), but I'm enjoying Gotham. A lot more intriguing than Arrow or Flash, and enough of its own "thing" to distance itself from solely being a Batman prequel.

Admittedly I gave up after 2 episodes, but I found Gotham to be the most boring of the lot (including SHIELD). A pretentious detective show trying hard to be worthy while shoehorning in future Batman villians every 10 seconds. It was ENTIRELY enthralled to it's source material, in a way that Flash and Arrow aren't - probably because it's a prequel, and doesn't feel that it can deviate from the Batman lore I guess. Maybe it got better, but it was a show I couldn't ever imagine holding my attention.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:04 pm

I thought the second and current season of Arrow were head and shoulders above pretty much anything DC have on the screen, even half of the films :lol:

The Flash is fun, like Joe said. Nothing to take really seriously.

Still waiting on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D to come back, because that's been on a roll for the longest time.

Better Call Saul was a lot better than I expected, but then again, seeing the guy from Far Cry 3 in it probably helped cement it for me.

The Walking Dead is still boring.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:19 pm

I'd agree with Jim here. Arrow from the second half of season 1 onwards it's really become something great. With other heroes like Atom and Firestorm due soon and rumours of Green Lantern appearing, I can only see it getting better. Flash works just as well but they using that they take in the more comic book villains who can have powers within that show.

Shield was amazing in the last few episodes of season 1 as they tied up the Winter Soldier fall out and this season has been great as well as they introduce The Inhumans.

Gotham bored me to tears and i watched just the first episode. Its completely implausible as a Batman prequel to have all the villains so early on and then by the time Batman appears they'll be old gits and no trouble for him.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:24 pm

You realise you complained about Gothan having a slow start, in the same post you made a point about other shows picking up mid way through right?

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:36 am

Well I have done all six seasons that Netflix has on Sons of Anarchy. Now need the final season. Dont really want to run out of them. Thoroughly enjoyed them all.

Not sure what to go for next. Im watching Better Call Saul as they come available, though Dexter is high up on my list of shizz to watch.