TV: Current and Recent

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Applecore » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:00 am

No new HIMYM this week :(
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:19 pm

VizardAmata wrote:Just watched the finale of Lost. I feel this picture describes my feelings quite well.

whats confusing you? the best way to describe the ending is, everything that happened on the island did happen. the bit at the end was when they all died (they waited for each other before going to heaven as Jack's father explained). i could explain more but it gets complicated haha.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Luke_X wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:Just watched the finale of Lost. I feel this picture describes my feelings quite well.

whats confusing you? the best way to describe the ending is, everything that happened on the island did happen. the bit at the end was when they all died (they waited for each other before going to heaven as Jack's father explained). i could explain more but it gets complicated haha.

What's a complicated haha?

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:23 pm

herzeleid wrote:What's a complicated haha?

its one of those haha moments when you shouldnt be haha'ing during a serous moment.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:26 pm

I thought that, it being a JJ Abrams work, it was meant to fill your head with fuck while being pretentious and mysterious?
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:16 pm

I found that the end made a surprisingly large amount of sense.

I was quite happy with it, until I turned on the internet and it was filled with people going "SO DEY WERE DEAD FROM THE BEGINNING? DAT SUCKS"

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:30 pm

This might help explain it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HWECQa23Cs
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Luke_X wrote:

Well, once I had a little think on the ending, it made a little more sense but it was still confusing. I mean, the whole "flash sideways" thing that was going on throughout series six was probably some sort of "purgatory" or something so that they could all "let go" and move on. That's fine. But what makes it odd is that there are people in this purgatory, or whatever you want to call it, who never died. If it was just all the people who had died meeting up in the church at the end, then no problem. But there were quite a few people there at the end who were still alive, which is what makes it weird.

The ending aside though, it was just generally a weird series with many things going unexplained or being explained with things that make no sense, which we have to accept "just because".
And you never find out the MIB's name. That's just annoying.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:36 pm

It wasn't a "flash" sideways thing.

It was basically "the afterlife", where all the people who shared your most important moments with went to so you could meet up after death.

The people that were there when they were alive at the end of the show is to point out the fact that everyone went there eventually. Everyone died eventually, doesn't matter when or where, and they all went to this place.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Jobdone wrote:I found that the end made a surprisingly large amount of sense.

I was quite happy with it, until I turned on the internet and it was filled with people going "SO DEY WERE DEAD FROM THE BEGINNING? DAT SUCKS"

I found it most annoying trying to explain to people they weren't dead until the characters died during season 6. It was as if no one paid attention to the speech at the end.

The idea of the ending was it was purgatory. They all died at different points in time, for example Charlie died early on but Hurley would have lived for thousands of years as the protector of the island. So the idea is, they all waited to meet up after death so they could all go to the after life which is why you saw Kate and Sawyer there. So everything did happen on the island and they saved the world as jacks father explained to jack.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Jobdone wrote:It wasn't a "flash" sideways thing.

It was basically "the afterlife", where all the people who shared your most important moments with went to so you could meet up after death.

The people that were there when they were alive at the end of the show is to point out the fact that everyone went there eventually. Everyone died eventually, doesn't matter when or where, and they all went to this place.

This was why I lost interest in Lost (heh, see what I did there) after the third episode.

It tries too hard to be all clever and shit.

Somehow the Americans have found out if you make a programme's premise really vague and leave it up to the viewers to decide what the premise actually was, people have a lot of fun making up their own theories.

Just tell me the fucking damned story the way you intended it to be told, for fucks sake.

/rantover
/entertainmentsimpleton
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:41 pm

Yeah, that is true. It was a good series overall, but it did get ridiculously overcomplicated for a story about some people who crashed on an island.

mcroper
Paster of Muppets

Postby mcroper » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:15 pm

Putting Lost aside, I've really been enjoying 'The Magicians' recently. Ade Edmonson was great :lol:

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:37 pm

Shameless is moving along nicely now. last nights episode was the best one ive seen in a while and hopefully the one tonight will be a cracker as well as we see whats happened to Frank.

*EDIT*

just found the trailer for Shameless USA. it looks like they have practicvarly coppied word for word the first episode of the english series. hopefully William H Macy can save it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2nAnpNouEM

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:15 pm

:lol: Fucking hell.

Bit more star studded than our one.