TV: Current and Recent

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Luke_X
Denim Demon

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Luke_X » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:53 pm

siliconfury wrote:
MotorAmarth wrote:
siliconfury wrote:There's absolutely fuck all on TV tonight, apart from the Magicians on BBC1 at 7, and we only watch that to ridicule at how utterly crap it is.

Take me Out is on. No likey, no lighty.

I forgot how enjoyable this is :D

im sorry but that show just shows how vein girls are and air headed they are.

MotorAmarth
Denim Demon

Postby MotorAmarth » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:40 pm

The guys on there are just as bad, they're going on to take their pick of 30 easy girls. Pretty easy themselves if you ask me!
As if anyone actually takes that show seriously though. Me and Aled were going to apply so he could pick me and we could have a free holiday

If he didn't pick me, ragings would happen :eyes:

Jage wrote:I don't like the sound of Mark Owen's voice in Priest.

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:27 am

we've started a Take Me Out drinking game. I was pretty pissed earlier after playing.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:07 pm

re-watching Sherlock, god i cant wait for the new series.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:21 pm

MotorAmarth wrote:The guys on there are just as bad, they're going on to take their pick of 30 easy girls. Pretty easy themselves if you ask me!
As if anyone actually takes that show seriously though. Me and Aled were going to apply so he could pick me and we could have a free holiday

If he didn't pick me, ragings would happen :eyes:

I've only seen it a couple of times, it's shit. For one bloke all the girls switched off their lights inside two or three turns. :lol:
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

clare-l
Denim Demon

Postby clare-l » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:44 pm

We had to finish the drinks whenever they all turned the lights off really quickly and last night there was an old guy who was a postman and wanted to read poetry to them just after we refilled. Bad show.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:05 pm

I'm watching that Tool Academy show.. this just shows that "good looks" doesn't mean a good guy.
I don't get why a girl would put her boyfriend on this show.. if you think he's a cheater and acts like a twat then dump the bastard.*
Just showed a bit where one girl was going on about how she doesn't think her boyfriend would cheat on her intersped with him shagging another girl in a cubicle of a club. What this show needs is a huge host to pin the cunt to a wall and ask him what the fuck he thinks he's playing at.

* - Actually, as I watch more, I realise that some of these girls aren't quite the smartest girls in the world..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:38 pm

Applecore wrote:* - Actually, as I watch more, I realise that some of these girls aren't quite the smartest girls in the world..

Early contender for understatement of the year.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:59 am

NEW SERIES OF TOTAL WIPEOUT... and.. no one thought to replace Richard Hammond with someone who has any sort of character. Looking forward to catching sight of SpellTrim.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:14 am

Episodes - the first episode was a little slow i thought but it seems to be the speed of the story. a few good jokes here and there, not the best thing on the planet, but its good to see Matt La Blanc back on TV.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 pm

The latest 2 episodes of HIMYM have had me welling up more than Toy Story 3 and Dead Poet's Society played back-to-back.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:05 am

Noodle wrote:NEW SERIES OF TOTAL WIPEOUT... and.. no one thought to replace Richard Hammond with someone who has any sort of character. Looking forward to catching sight of SpellTrim.

Pfft. Hamster's great though I wish they would bring Jill Wagner over for our series. Oh god, want. I intended to apply for the current series but forgot all about it.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:14 am

But he's not in any way funny.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:41 am

US Shameless is weird.

The actors are good, but it suffers from basically no change to the writing, a much quicker pace (It's screwing with my idea of how everything happened. I swear it wasn't all this rushed) and all the actors being a little bit too attractive.

Fiona worked because she could look a bit scummy, and was never definitively HOT.
Emmy Rossum on the other hand, I would hit like the fist of an angry god.

I'm serious.

I would tear her asunder with my gleaming theist pole.

EDIT: Great to see Joan Cusack about again too. But not in the same fucking way. More just "Hey, she's a good actress" kinda way. Though push comes to shove, I'd probably say yes. In the entirely likely event that push would come to shove.

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Over the last 6 months or so we've watched all of Smallville from S1 to S10 (nearly caught up with the states current run now), and although it's cheesy in parts, it's actually been very enjoyable and in parts quite dramatic! I'm getting to the point now though when it's just "Get on with it and put the costume on"