TV: Current and Recent

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
User avatar
mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2630
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:53 pm
Location: Shitsville kent
Contact:

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby mikeftw » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Azubi wrote:This Breaking Bad shit better be good.

Season 1 is slow going, but lays the foundation down brilliantly
Image

User avatar
Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon
Posts: 4458
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:48 pm
Location: Reading
Contact:

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:40 pm

Azubi wrote:This Breaking Bad shit better be good.

It's awesome. It gets better and better as you get further into it as well.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

User avatar
Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 5258
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:33 pm
Location: Some non-descript village in Ireland

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Delightful-Jim » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Problem with Breaking Bad : I can never watch JUST one episode. I binge on BB episodes because I NEED to know what happens next. It's not good if you don't have much spare time on your hands :P
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

User avatar
mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2630
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:53 pm
Location: Shitsville kent
Contact:

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby mikeftw » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:09 pm

I know the feeling, I watched from Season 1 to Season 5 ep 8 in 5 days
Image

User avatar
Darkweasel
Denim Demon
Posts: 14551
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Contact:

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Darkweasel » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Up to Series 3 Episode 2.

Ding ding ding ding ding ding!
Image

User avatar
Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon
Posts: 4458
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:48 pm
Location: Reading
Contact:

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:Problem with Breaking Bad : I can never watch JUST one episode. I binge on BB episodes because I NEED to know what happens next. It's not good if you don't have much spare time on your hands :P

Yeah, I have caught up with it now though just in time for starting work on my assignments :lol: .
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

User avatar
Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 5258
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:33 pm
Location: Some non-descript village in Ireland

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Delightful-Jim » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Slayer-ov-orcs wrote:
Delightful-Jim wrote:Problem with Breaking Bad : I can never watch JUST one episode. I binge on BB episodes because I NEED to know what happens next. It's not good if you don't have much spare time on your hands :P

Yeah, I have caught up with it now though just in time for starting work on my assignments :lol: .



I absolutely refuse to go near season 5 until the summer starts because I will watch the 8 episodes....then watch every other one all over again..
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

User avatar
Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon
Posts: 4458
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:48 pm
Location: Reading
Contact:

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:
Slayer-ov-orcs wrote:
Delightful-Jim wrote:Problem with Breaking Bad : I can never watch JUST one episode. I binge on BB episodes because I NEED to know what happens next. It's not good if you don't have much spare time on your hands :P

Yeah, I have caught up with it now though just in time for starting work on my assignments :lol: .



I absolutely refuse to go near season 5 until the summer starts because I will watch the 8 episodes....then watch every other one all over again..

Now that you mention it I am tempted to do that.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

User avatar
Darkweasel
Denim Demon
Posts: 14551
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Contact:

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Darkweasel » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:58 pm

E3 of Breaking Bad.
I officially want to kick Skyler's face off.
Image

User avatar
Luke_X
Denim Demon
Posts: 4069
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Luke_X » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:11 pm

Darkweasel wrote:E3 of Breaking Bad.
I officially want to kick Skyler's face off.



By the end of season 2 I wanted to punch her, by the end of season 3 I wanted her to die a horrible death in the show. Season 4 is on my to buy list on payday next week, but I'm expecting I'll want her being brutally punished in hell.

User avatar
Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon
Posts: 4458
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:48 pm
Location: Reading
Contact:

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:09 am

Luke_X wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:E3 of Breaking Bad.
I officially want to kick Skyler's face off.



By the end of season 2 I wanted to punch her, by the end of season 3 I wanted her to die a horrible death in the show. Season 4 is on my to buy list on payday next week, but I'm expecting I'll want her being brutally punished in hell.

You are correct.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

User avatar
Applecore
Denim Demon
Posts: 9555
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Applecore » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:51 pm

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: The Gang Gets Analyzed - probably my favourite Charlie scene of all time.

"You're saying, like, do the things you do but go further with them. Like get a ton of cat hair and glue it all over your body. Walk around like a cat-man in the middle of the night through the alleyways. Ya know? ... And stop hiding the pigeon."
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

User avatar
Darkweasel
Denim Demon
Posts: 14551
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Contact:

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:28 pm

The Walking Dead this week can only be summed up like this. 40 Minutes of :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Utterly brilliant.
Image

User avatar
Soze
Denim Demon
Posts: 7796
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:24 pm
Location: Plymouth
Contact:

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Soze » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:17 pm

Darkweasel wrote:The Walking Dead this week can only be summed up like this. 40 Minutes of :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Utterly brilliant.


Episode 4 or 5? I lose track of who's shamelessly torrenting on a monday (like me!) or waiting for the friday night UK showing (on a channel I don't get). It's been brilliant for all 5 episodes so far, gone from an enjoyable if flawed show to one of the best things on the box (Breaking Bad aside obviously). Couple of plots taken straight from the comic this week which will be interesting to watch develop.

User avatar
Darkweasel
Denim Demon
Posts: 14551
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Contact:

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Darkweasel » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:54 pm

Episode 5.


Episode 7 of Dexter is rather good too.
Image