last dvd/bluray i bought

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Bio-Zombi
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: last dvd/bluray i bought

Postby Bio-Zombi » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:30 pm

I'd like it if they would change the title, Zombie Flesh Eaters is a bit shit,I prefer Zombi II personally.
You should try being dead...

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:09 pm

Bio-Zombi wrote:I'd like it if they would change the title, Zombie Flesh Eaters is a bit shit,I prefer Zombi II personally.

I love the title Zombie Flesh Eaters. It doesn't fuck about. You know what you're getting...seriously, it always made me laugh when stuff like this got banned. The title makes it so blindingly obvious what you're getting if you watch this that you only have yourself to blame if it goes on to repulse you!

Zombi II makes no sense in the UK as we never had Zombi in the first place.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:32 pm

Soze wrote:
Bio-Zombi wrote:I'd like it if they would change the title, Zombie Flesh Eaters is a bit shit,I prefer Zombi II personally.

I love the title Zombie Flesh Eaters. It doesn't fuck about. You know what you're getting...seriously, it always made me laugh when stuff like this got banned. The title makes it so blindingly obvious what you're getting if you watch this that you only have yourself to blame if it goes on to repulse you!

Totally agree, but wasn't the problem that, yes, the titles were appealing to people out for gore 'n stuff, but they also appealed to kids, and that's what the cryptkeeper (sorry, "Mary Whitehouse") and the authorities were worried about? Or at least claimed to be.
Plus, the officers who were seizing the films had no idea what they were looking for, so they just grabbed stuff with obvious titles (Zombie Flesh Eaters, Cannibal Holocaust, um.. The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas..?). If they'd watched the films in context, instead of going on hearsay and isolated clips, they'd've seen that most of them were laughably bad, or just mindless entertainment.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Andrewhall28
Leather Rebel

Postby Andrewhall28 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:37 pm

I'm a sucker for these films :lol:

Bio-Zombi
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bio-Zombi » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:45 pm

Applecore wrote:
Soze wrote:

Totally agree, but wasn't the problem that, yes, the titles were appealing to people out for gore 'n stuff, but they also appealed to kids, and that's what the cryptkeeper (sorry, "Mary Whitehouse") and the authorities were worried about? Or at least claimed to be.
Plus, the officers who were seizing the films had no idea what they were looking for, so they just grabbed stuff with obvious titles (Zombie Flesh Eaters, Cannibal Holocaust, um.. The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas..?). If they'd watched the films in context, instead of going on hearsay and isolated clips, they'd've seen that most of them were laughably bad, or just mindless entertainment.

The best one for me was making them remove the word Chainsaw from Texas Chainsaw Hookers,so it just became Texas Hookers :)
You should try being dead...

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Ordered a load of American chopper DVDs cheap on amazon. Also got:

Dr who: New beginnings boxset, complete series 1, 2 and 3.
Safe House
Big Bang Theory season 5 (blu ray)
Outpost black sun (blu ray)
Ghost Rider spirit of vengeance (blu ray)

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:43 pm

I bought season one of Star Trek: The Next Generation on blu-ray. I only did so because I had spare birthday money, due to it being expensive. However, it's absolutely worth it. It looks and sounds fucking amazing, like it was filmed yesterday. It's staggering.

Also it's nice seeing Picard in arsehole mode :D

SashVicious
Warrior of Metal

Postby SashVicious » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:27 am

Avengers Assemble pre-order...

AND IT CAME YESTERDAY <3
My word and world holds ground and is real
Your world is like floods of poisoned water
A language spoken with spit from different tongues

Owen
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Owen » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:02 pm

Turbo wrote:Got to be honest, in comparison to pizza you can get take away or at restaurants - shop bought pizza is shit. Had another doner kebab pizza today. Shit is off the fucking chain.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:34 pm

gandalf the red wrote:
Owen wrote:Image

I've not seen this film yet, but I think I'd be sticking up for the aliens. :lol:

My advice would be watch it with subtitles lol

SashVicious
Warrior of Metal

Postby SashVicious » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:13 am

Reliving my childhood :)
My word and world holds ground and is real
Your world is like floods of poisoned water
A language spoken with spit from different tongues

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:57 pm

From Dusk till Dawn - Titty Twisted edition (blu ray)

Packed with everything you need to keep you going from dusk till dawn including: • 2 Titty Twister Shot Glasses • Exclusive Titty Twister Edition Poster • 6 Limited edition Postcards • Titty Twister Iron Bar Sign • 3 Badges • Exclusive Santanico Pandemonium Tattoo • From Dusk Till Dawn Blu-ray

Blu-ray extras: • Audio Commentary with Quentin Tarantino & Robert Rodriguez • Outtakes • “Hollywood goes to Hell” Featurette • Music Videos • Stills Gallery • The Art of Making the Movie • Deleted Scenes & Alternative Takes • On the Set • Trailer

All that for £25 on amazon, the pre-order button could see me coming.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:56 am

Most of these are region 4 as I'm in Oz but I've got 2 multi-region players at home anyway :P
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:50 pm

Limitless
Total Recall Director's cut
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol: